Mar 5

Blog Cabin’s Renovation History

Additions made to Blog Cabin 2013

Today, I’d like to share a new article posted in our Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com. It’s all about additions made to the original Blog Cabin 2013 structure. Project manager Dylan Eastman and his team uncovered six separate renovations as they opened up walls, examined window frames and took a look at shingles and building materials. Even the age of nails helped the team separate original structure from add-on.

Read all about it here and then post comments below.

Note to bloggers: Zoom in on the grape arbor in the Cabin Cam.

• Posted at 12:50 pm on March 3, 2013

1. So good to read something to take our minds off the mundane – Here in Va the morning after the snow is snarling the commute for reasons unknown.

ConnieMaeK on March 7, 2013 at 2:23 pm
  2. Hi guys! How is everyone doing today? Wow they are doing a lot today!! It is nice to see the insulation truck, that means things are getting closer to the Team projects! Guess I will go vote now! Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    • Hi Rebecca! They have been doing a lot. I did my voting really early this morning and have been checking the cabin cam frequently. How are you doing today? :D Judy

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm
    • I am doing ok, had a doctors appointment this morning, that is why I am on later than usual. I usually do my voting in the morning when I log on but had to run. They have been doing a lot lately. I am so excited. How are you? Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    • I'm excited about this cabin as well. busy speculating on what is happening that we can't see on the cam and also what we would like to see. This is so much fun!!!:D<3 Judy

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 4:06 pm
    • I agree Judy! My curiousity has gotten the best of me at times! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 7:29 am
  3. There is a deliver truck at the BC, W.C. Weaver & Sons Insulation. It is the Pink Panther kind. I thought they were going to do the foam stuff on the house?

vicki_in_Utah on March 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    • Maybe they are using the pink insulation in the roof area?

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 3:06 pm
    • lol……and I was just going to say maybe they'll use the foam in the roof area ;-)

karenlin91 on March 7, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    • Hahaha:D

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    • Well Judy, I don't know which one of us was right, but they are using both forms of insulation, we must have been mostly right lol

karenlin91 on March 8, 2013 at 9:45 am
  4. Hi bloggers! I haven't been on in a few day, looks like things are coming right along. Looks like a great day in NC, saw the truck delivering insulation. I've been trying to get to the dock to see what is going on out front, but it keeps taking me to panorama and won't focus. Did the message get taken down from the grape vine. I couldn't see it!:)

WE-Z on March 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm
    • Hi! Message fell off in the wind yesterday, I believe. it is laying on the ground by the arbor.

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 2:46 pm
  5. I never saw it either :@ haha! What did it say??? Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm
    • What didn't you see? The sign from Jason of Desperate Landscapes? It said Desperate Landscapes loves the bloggers, I'm paraphrasing here.:D

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    • Oh so it was like the other sign that was put up by DIY. Thanks Judy. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 7:27 am
  6. This isn’t intended to point fingers at anyone but to draw attention to something that’s concerning me today.

A new person joined the blog with a short, one line blog. It was, like blogs are supposed to be, an opinion – nothing more or less. The newcomer’s blog was completely without personal comment, just an opinion. It saddens me to read the many responses that seem to range from the valid differing opinions through questioning the newcomers intelligence to name calling and even suggestions that the newcomer go elsewhere and not participate in this blog because their opinions differed from other established bloggers. No one welcomed the newcomer (myself included) and no one sought to understand whether this was simply an off-the-cuff opinion or whether the newcomer had some more information they could share. Some made guesses at the bloggers motive, and others at the bloggers age – why?

Fellow BC bloggers, surely we’re better than this. By all means respond with yea or nay opinions but can we try to tone down the scorn and other comments. We really know nothing about this newcomer who now seems to have fled the blog.

Clive on March 7, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    • You're right Clive, I think I was just so shocked, I just reacted without thinking it thru.

karenlin91 on March 7, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    • Good points. There is no way to know what is in someone's mind regarding motive….and everyone is just as entitled to his/her opinion as anyone else. PJ didn't insult anyone, simply stated an opinion. We have the "thumbs up/thumbs down" method of registering disagreement, particularly appropriate for the most intense disagreement. I was guilty of speculating as to motive w/o any reason to substantiate my speculation. Lesson learned. Unfortunately, I see that PJ has deleted his post.

RLD on March 7, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    • Your right Clive, when We read pj's comment we All jumped on the Band Wagon and got defensive because we were defending Our Cottage and all the things it meant to us. We toured the Cottage for the first time and fell in love with it , then when We were told the History and the Memories, the Owners were so kind to shared with us, it meant even more to us. The Cottage stole our Hearts..
      We should have read pj's comment and Welcomed him/her to the Blog and waited for more comments before making judgement..If pj is a young person, most young people don't value Old things like Older people do they want "New" and maybe that is why he/she made that comment….As much as I dislike the Thumbs down, I guess we should have use that instead of bombarding him/her verbally, so to speak! That is lesson a learned for me!!!:$

Jennie/Florida on March 7, 2013 at 7:37 pm
    • OOPS…That is a lesson learned for me!!

Jennie/Florida on March 7, 2013 at 7:52 pm
    • Clive, I am guilty as charged. The Former teacher/grandma in me came out instantly, trying to exhort PJ about the benefits of joining a group with some observation of the group's interest or activity. I didn't take issue with his belief but rather his approach as a newbie when I should have said something to welcome him. Oddly I never had a direct issue with what he said, because we ALL disagree at times, taste varies. Someone interpreted that I had criticized his belief, but I didn't. I told PJ, INSTEAD, HOW HE WOULD BE WELCOMED–that certainly didn't come out that way, as it should have and I sincerely ask forgiveness from the entire group of Bloggies–but especially from Peterjohnny. It was not my intent to unwelcome –but to "teach" PJ how to become welcomed. :$ I failed miserably, but my heart was trying to get that message out….Clive thank you for keeping us real!<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 7, 2013 at 9:02 pm
    • Thank you, Clive, SO much! I agree, everyone's entitled to their opinion! Even if it doesn't jibe with everyone else's. We were all new here, once. Every single one of us. How long before we are not "newbies"? One year? Six weeks? Eighteen posts? This blog is for everyone; old, young, rich, or poor, regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. I think when the bloggers (sometimes inadvertently, to be sure) start making generalizations and assumptions about each other, it just feels to me like it hurts the tone of what this blog is supposed to be.

MGYinSC on March 8, 2013 at 7:19 am
    • I have stated before that when I see a blog that seems to be negative or is getting negative responses I choose not to post on it. To me this is not what our blogging is about. It is about positive interaction whether we agree or disagree with someone we all have a right to our opinions. It is also about this beautiful BC "Paradise" that the DIY Network has so graciously let us be apart of. Negativity brings more negativity. Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 9:29 am
    • Rebecca, you help make this blog a happier place every day my dear friend. Love back atcha' <3<3<3
      I hope you are recovered from the flu, it was really a wicked virus this season.:( Hugs, Sandy

SID on March 8, 2013 at 3:00 pm
    • Clive, I hear where you are coming from, and certainly believe you have only the very best of intentions. I have always particularly valued and enjoyed your posts, but this time have to beg your understanding of my very different opinion. After previously accidently having become dragged into very unpleasant controversy with another bloggers negative posts, I've decided to just ignore any post that seems to have been written with the sole intention of provoking. I had that feeling about this persons comment, and simply avoided satisfying what I perceived as a need for attention by replying to it. I certainly respect everyone's right to post their own opinion, but don't feel any personal obligation to respond to it. :D <3

SID on March 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm
    • Clive, Everyone has a right to their opinions and everyone has a right to disagree. Free speech is one of the blessings we enjoy in our country. I too, always look forward to your insightful comments and opinions. However, I do believe we have a moral obligation to be intelligent ( as philosophy says). Maybe I admire and respect antiques too much but the negative comment by the blogger in question really compelled me to respond as I did and try to do a little 'teaching' . Never do I want to discourage a person from blogging their opinions. I try to remember the old saying: "Do not engage mouth until brain is in gear". Sometimes we may help a person by stating a negative opinion rather than sugar-coating or enabling. Pat

Pat Green on March 8, 2013 at 5:15 pm
  7. I am anxios/excited about how the furnitureitems from the house is going to look. we seen before pictures and I would bee anxious to see after pictures. and with the furniture you'll have memories (the jump or the fireplace or whats next) and you will also create your memories. I agree some things were ok but there were some things that I would die for(figure of speech) and many of them as i said I cannot wait until the home completed. Everything -everything is quite beautiful. i f I did not pick out items I can't tell you still how much I adore the place. Good Luck to all

bogartandbacall on March 7, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    • I agree! This is a very beautiful place. I can not wait myself to see which items they have chosen to incorporate into the house. All of the old furnishing are so nice and would work wonderfully. They are very country style and seem so warm and cozy. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 7:24 am
    • It is going to be quite the beauty all right! I have also been in love with this home from the very first photos. Such care is being put into the reconstruction of the house and dock that I can also hardly wait to see the finished dream. Good luck to you also, I hope this will be the year a blogger wins, especially if it is someone who will truly cherish this beautiful home! <3

SID on March 8, 2013 at 3:10 pm
  8. Morning guys!! Another beautiful Friday. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I can't wait to see the episodes start on the DIY Network. Everything is coming together so quickly it will be here before we know it! I just love being a apart of it. Thank you DIY Teams for letting us. I am still waiting for more little hints too. They are fun and make me even more curious. How is everyone today? Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 7:21 am
  9. Morning everyone! I know I was joking with another blogger about keeping the snow because NY didn't want any more…Guess What?! It's snowing here and so far I have a good 8" and it's still coming down….
    Any way, lets hope that our BC is having nice weather to continue working……

TishaStanley on March 8, 2013 at 7:45 am
    • Good morning TishaStanley…isn't it funny how Karma works? ;) I find that embracing winter seems to make it go by quicker, and often sadly at that! But I love all four seasons, and I have many friends who think I am crazy for getting excited over snow days! But then again…8" and still coming down!!! Wow! Reminds me of ND and AK!!! Enjoy the snow's last hoorah, it will soon be gone!!! ;) :)

Shelly313 on March 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm
  10. Did anyone notice the two swings hanging on the big tree to the left of the house??? I don't know if they were there before or not. Maybe one of the hints???? Much Love!!! :p:*<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 8:21 am
    • Good Morning Rebecca, hope you are feeling better….Dear Rebecca those Swings have been there since
      Day one…You have been enjoying all the excitement and viewing the Cottage and grounds for such a long time, you "whizzed" right by those Swings under the trees!!! LOL I think you can stop looking for Waldo because I don't think He exist…We must have read to much into Mary's statement..You can rest your eyes now and stop straining them for "little Somethings" that don't exist…You have a wonderful day and enjoy all the activity around the Cottage today…Oh I forgot, have you noticed they have cut trees down close to the entry way..They are doing Something out there but haven't figured it out yet..Happy Friday to you!:p<3

Jennie/Florida on March 8, 2013 at 9:49 am
    • CABIN CAM FIND!!! Jennie SEARCH YOUR MESSAGES!!! I FOUND SOMETHING USING

CAM!!!B):pxDB)

EVERYONE~~I HOPE IT IS BLOG CABIN PROPERTY~~ I FOUND SOMETHING~~LOOK ON ONE OF JENNIE"S MESSAGES, LAST EVENING!!!!B)^_^:pB)B)<3 Kitty

CABIN CAM FIND!!!B)<3 Hope it is on our BC property!!!:p:p:p<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 8, 2013 at 11:01 am
    • Hi Jennie!! I have to keep looking because I am so curious and have fell in love with this house and want to find "Waldo" haha. It keeps me focused on other things! This is my joy in life right now! haha I sure hope there is some "hints" left around for us to find. Easter is right around the corner so I will call it my early Easter egg hunt! haha Hope all is well! Much Love!! :p<3<3<3<3:*

rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 11:29 am
    • I noticed, Rebecca, but since I'm new in here, I thought the swings were "old news"…something all have seen already….

TishaStanley on March 8, 2013 at 10:25 am
    • Haha I wasn't sure and I have been here awhile. I am blind as a bat anyway. haha Jennie says yes they have been here. haha Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 8, 2013 at 11:30 am
    • Good morning Rebecca!!! Like Jennie said, you have been watching all the excitement going on with the cottage and the view that "you "whizzed" right by"!!! (Very well said, Jennie!) ;) :D The swings were one of the very first things I spotted and asked for them to remain in place! So far they have stayed, so here's hoping they remain for the lucky winner and family to enjoy!!! ^_^:D:)

Shelly313 on March 8, 2013 at 12:30 pm