Mar 5

Blog Cabin’s Renovation History

Additions made to Blog Cabin 2013

Today, I’d like to share a new article posted in our Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com. It’s all about additions made to the original Blog Cabin 2013 structure. Project manager Dylan Eastman and his team uncovered six separate renovations as they opened up walls, examined window frames and took a look at shingles and building materials. Even the age of nails helped the team separate original structure from add-on.

Read all about it here and then post comments below.

Note to bloggers: Zoom in on the grape arbor in the Cabin Cam.

• Posted at 12:50 pm on March 3, 2013

1. People's choice comment. Fire pit should not be in ground because it is fairly obvious that the soil is very wet in the hollow behind the house.

YankeeNuke on March 16, 2013 at 11:18 am
    • I was wondering about that too. I am voting for the fire"pot" as I like to call it, with the chairs surrounding it. Of course, a brick or cement above the ground would work too…I had a brick one here at my house which was nice, but NH winters are brutal, and it sort of fell apart…::D.A portable metal one would be better as it can be stored.

pickadillymonk on March 17, 2013 at 3:11 am
    • Another alternative would be a “Chiminea” The benefit is that it can be moved or stored for storms and it has a bit of a chimney to help keep the smoke off of the people sitting around it.________________________________> From: notifications@intensedebatemail.com > To: frankrh77@live.com > Subject: pickadillymonk replied to your comment on Blog Cabin's > Renovation History >

YankeeNuke on March 18, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    • You are right. They sell alot of them here in NH. My son and his friends made a beautiful camp fire pit on the hill in the back woods of my property. In the trees, it seems to sustain. There is something glorious about sitting around a campfire, talking and roasting marshmellows. I would end up with 20 kids sometimes out back. It was a safe and good place to be. He is 23 now, and many have departed to other places. He too is in another town now where he finished college. But I know when he comes back, frequently there are a few that get together around the fire pit. Such a sweet thing about it being close to the ocean and beach. Reminds me of the old beach movies!!! Elvis Presley….Sandra Dee…I think it was…

pickadillymonk on March 19, 2013 at 12:46 am
  2. This is a wonderful cabin in a beautiful place. I'm enjoying voting, even though, I'm only winning about 50% of my votes. Regardless of the winning choices, this cabin will make someone VERY happy. I''m excited to be able to take part. The Crystal Coast is our favorite vacation location. I hope whoever wins this cozy cabin will truly appreciate all the surrounding beauty, history and peace that this location will bring to enrich the lives of those who are lucky enough to live in and visit the cabin. Of course, I'm also hoping to win it. We've talked about moving to this area because we love it so much. Regardless, we will still be visiting the Crystal Coast again.

Betty D on March 16, 2013 at 4:04 pm
  3. Is the furniture in the home going to be included in the final product? It would certainly enhance any home, but this one especially. I found the books sitting in between the rods of the stairway/well interesting. Anyone living here would find that reading is a blessing while listening to the ocean, and better yet, sitting in the sand in front of the house. This home is a place for family, togetherness and contemplation. Or sea kayaking! That thrilled me. I have always wanted to try that, and my son loves to kayak! Living near the ocean portends for good all around health, don't you think bloggers?

pickadillymonk on March 17, 2013 at 3:17 am
  4. I check your Cabin Cam on a regular basis and I wanted to compliment you on the job site – it is ALWAYS neat and organized. That is how I know a contractor has a good work ethic. Kudos fro Hendersonville, NC.

l brokaw on March 17, 2013 at 11:10 am
  5. Great history you got out there.. You really reached so far, and I'm glad to say that somehow I'm part of this great journey by reading your entries. :)

Andrew Stevenson on March 21, 2013 at 3:19 am
  6. I like it all, all those special details, I have them all over my old log cabin. Each week someone notices something different. The history still remains, and will be ingraved in the house forever.

sandra loft on April 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm
  7. qjolucmph, Dapoxetine side, cXgpQmi.

Purchase dapoxetine on April 10, 2013 at 8:17 pm
  8. qqyqncmph, Duel monsters online host files, HoktTLf.

Hostmonster whm on April 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm
  9. xytjzcmph, Hgh legal substitute, lpjjqLe.

HGH on April 10, 2013 at 8:38 pm
  10. pbjzucmph, Host gator reviews, BSqJHQa.

Gator hosting dallas on April 10, 2013 at 8:51 pm