Mar 1

Friday Construction Update

Blog Cabin 2013 siding installation

Project manager Dylan Eastman says installation of exterior siding continues this week and, as soon as rain ceases at the home site, the south second floor deck will be waterproofed and the adjoining door installed.

Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical rough-ins are ongoing inside the house and insulation will start late next week. “We will be using spray foam in all of our ceilings for increased energy efficiency and to also serve some vaulted ceilings,” says Dylan.

The team has also ordered and is awaiting delivery of flooring, cabinets, plumbing fixtures, tile and paint — all selected by online voters.

Dylan also reports that show producers have been scouting the site and determining their how-to projects for each episode of Blog Cabin 2013. Each crew has left a little something behind for die-hard fans. Have you noticed anything unusual in the Cabin Cam? Hint: Zoom in.

P.S. Take a peek at the latest slideshow, highlighting final framing and window installation.

• Posted at 5:42 pm on March 3, 2013

1. OK back to the cam to find WALDO! haha Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 10:25 am
    • Good luck, maybe you will be the one!

karenlin91 on March 5, 2013 at 10:39 am
    • I know it is like looking for a needle in a haystack so far! Waldo is no where to be seen! I did notice a black thing next to the boards for the deck. I am hoping this is a hint of a fire pit of some sort. Just guessing. Also there is a bag with a light house showing on it but it has some type of blocks in it. Maybe that is a sign we will get a light house???? Who knows but I would really really LOVE a LIGHTHOUSE!!! haha Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 11:37 am
    • Looking at a black thing by the deck boards…maybe a sign of a fire pit from "Yard Crashers"???? Also see a bag with a light house facing the cam…maybe a sign that we will get a light house some where on the property…..just guessing but would really love to see a light house. I can't really see any hints through the windows. It actually has more reflections of the trees. Have you had any luck??? Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 11:39 am
    • Well guess not cause I can't see anything! haha Have you seen anything lately?

rebecca on March 7, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    • Sorry Rebecca. Haven't seen anything. But we can always hope.:D Judy

JudyInMich on March 7, 2013 at 2:43 pm
  2. They're checking out the dock again, and there is a pile of new pilings there. They laid down a plywood "road" out there, I assume to haul the pilings out without getting mired down. Looks like maybe they will appreciate your idea of a boardwalk to the dock, Shelly. -)

karenlin91 on March 5, 2013 at 10:45 am
    • So very true, those temporary plywood walkways they're using certainly prove that Shell's boardwalk idea is very practical! ;) B)Hope the designers think so too!<3

SID on March 5, 2013 at 10:57 am
    • Excuse the typo, me I meant to say Shelly's boardwalk idea.

SID on March 5, 2013 at 10:58 am
    • Karen and SID, thank you so much for cheering on the idea for a boardwalk!!! I sure hope Jason likes the idea too…and maybe having to lay down a plywood "road" just might push the idea forward!!! ;) :D^_^<3

Shelly313 on March 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm
  3. I have a pic of a deck with a bed of rocks around it, with rope light buried in it for lighting. I can really see doing a french drain right at the edge of your boardwalk, with the rope light buried, and a few plantings placed also.. mellow light to follow to the dock after dark….

karenlin91 on March 5, 2013 at 10:53 am
    • Excellent idea, Karen!!! I hope Jason sees this…I posted the ideas to Jason in the newest blog a little while ago, so I will go add this to the list in case he sees it! Here's hoping… ;)

Shelly313 on March 5, 2013 at 9:44 pm
    • You all have such great ideas and suggestions, I hope someone monitors these blogs for more than just the "no-no's" referred to earlier.
      I'm trying so hard to catch up on all I miss each day, about all I can do is go down the blog and click the thumbs-up for each of you.
      Keep the ideas rolling, maybe SOMEONE is paying attention!!!:

Wind Chime Girl on March 5, 2013 at 10:23 pm
  4. OK I am just guessing since I can not see anything in the windows or on the house. I see a black thing sitting next to the 3rd plywood for the deck. I am wondering if maybe that is a sign that "Yard Crashers" will maybe put some type of fire pit there??? just guessing…Also I see a bag with some kind of blocks in it but what has caught my eye is it has a light house on it facing the camera. Just another guess but maybe they are telling us there will be a lighthouse somewhere on the property…..I am so curious though. We really need more hints!!! haha Anyway I would really hope that the lighthouse is a true sign and not just a logo on a bag. Anyone else seen anything at all???? Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 11:34 am
  5. Action at the Grapevine! I just caught five guys standing beside the arbor, one (with his back to the camera) had his arm stretched out and his hand placed on the top of the arbor. I couldn't see much of his face but from what I could see it looked like he might be Jason Cameron from Desperate Landscapes. The other guys had big smiles on their faces, and one held a clip board and the other a camera tripod. I wish I had paid closer attention to the other mens faces before clicking on the photo again, because the next photo only showed their backs as they walked away! I expect they may be shooting some photos of film of the action at the dock today. I also wouldn't be a bit surprised to see another message left by the "grapevine" for the bloggers today!;) Back to the live cam, and have lots of fun everyone!<3<3<3

SID on March 5, 2013 at 11:56 am
    • Cool spotting, Sid! There are lots of vehicles there right now. I was straining with CabinCam, again, trying to read the post-its to no avail, as you were viewing what may be Jason! I'm glad they put him back on the job! This is a job for him, I think, with the dock and all! Thanks for the heads up! :D xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 5, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    • Hi Kitty, you haven't been blogging with us as much lately, and you've been very much missed! I hope your feet are not still burning so very badly. I know for some reason the pain is usually most intense at night, so I hope that you are able to get some rest.
      I'm afraid I jumped to conclusions about Jason, :( didn't even need that little wooden jump sign, just hopeful wishing I guess! There certainly is a lot of action at the house today, not only work crew, but from the architects and builders who seem to be spending quite a long time in discussion. They probably have lots to accomplish preparing for the expected rough weather arriving tonight. This morning I did briefly see the two gentlemen who worked on the dock yesterday, but they've apparently left so it doesn't look like we will be seeing any more action at the docks today. Maybe the family room french doors and laundry entrance door on the house will go in today.
      Stay well my dear friend, hugs, Sandy <3<3<3

SID on March 5, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    • Dearest Sandy, thanks for your sweet thoughts! I have been very sporadic on the blog for about a week or so. The burning is also sporadic. But my back has been out and pain has been excruciating–I've been flattened and at bedrest. It's an acrobatic function to type with my laptop in tent-like position above me, but I try! LOL! Regrettably I've failed at responding to all posts that have been made over the past 1.5 week to me and I sincerely apologize to all–you know who you are. We have had quick subject thread changes too, so keeping up has been challenging, at least, in my case. I did write somewhere that there are post-it notes mostly on the left side of windows–I was able to magnify in sufficiently to see that the window one next to the French door facing waterfront IS distinctly NOT a typeset manufacturer's label but is human writing; however, it is too faint for me to read, even at maximum camera magnification. I also posted a suggestion that they use felt tip (should be permanent) markers! I think that covers any posts from me. I miss you guys!!! Am reading as I can. Vote daily. Place is looking so good! I don't think the downstairs porch is set up to be vaulted, but to be flat ceiling; the small porch upstairs could be vaulted according to the vote and maybe the little narrow master BR one–can't recall that one. Cuddle your Kitties for me, SID! Mine knows i haven't been feeling well, since i've had some very sudden outbursts due to stab bing pain…. Problem with her has been that Zuri awakens me in the middle of the night to check on me nowadays and I'm afraid she's getting into the habit! You love 'em then ya' want to lock 'em out for the night…sigh! xD;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm
    • Oh Kitty, I am sorry to hear that you are still going through so much pain. Bless your heart, worrying about not keeping up with blogger posts. Please just take care of yourself as well as you can.
      I know exactly what you mean about Zuri's nocturnal welfare checks! My own Molly is also a real Mamma's girl. She wakes me up several times a night when she cuddles in right beside my head and washes my hair (and sometimes face) with her rough little tongue. Fortunately I'm usually able to fall right back to sleep. Max just cuddles up at the foot of the bed and doesn't move all night. If you do try shutting Zuri out of your bedroom she's going to set up such a wail of outrage that you and Gary won't get a wink of sleep anyway- voice of experience here!:@ Ah, if only all of life's burdens could be as lightly carried as too much love!
      Take as good care of yourself as you do of your Zuri. ;) :D<3 and don't worry about replying to this post my kind hearted friend! Love, Sandy<3<3<3

SID on March 5, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    • WOO HOO!!! SID, You were correct! Desperate Landscapes' Jason Cameron is/was here today!!! Chris 50555 posted a new message to her Pinterest from them! I'm so excited! You weren't seeing things! <3 Now about Zuri–she's not going anywhere.. i just have to live with her wake-ups at night. She rules the bed. Don't all indoor pets? Thanks so much for writing and for your well wishes. Take care of yourself too! love, Kitty:p;)<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm
  6. Sorry guys, I just caught a few more glimpses of those five guys I mentioned in my previous posts and didn't see Jason among them. Shucks! I do think though from the smiles that were on the guys faces that they must have been discussing the message center, and it is probably the old grape arbor. Maybe they will straighten and repair the posts? :x <3

SID on March 5, 2013 at 12:10 pm
  7. New Threads Bloggers!!!

Jennie/Florida on March 5, 2013 at 2:52 pm
    • Woohooo! Yes and I love the pictures detailing all the renovation through the many many years! Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 3:02 pm
  8. Wow I did see a couple of "key" things that suggested the house had been renovated. One was the room with the shingles on the inside of the house. Even though the BC (old glory) has stood there for many years she has held up. It is good that it is being totally renovated (down to the bones) so that it will stand many more years. I can not tell you how much I love this house. I have just fallen in love with it even before the renovation started. It was really a sentimental thing for me. It reminded me of the house my Granny use to live in when I was a child. I think the DIY Teams are doing a remarkable job! Thank you Dylan for the history lessons. There is nothing like a home with many years of history. Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 3:01 pm
  9. Wow I see some one was not happy will my last post! haha Oh well sorry you feel that way but guess what, I don't really care! Much Love!! :p:*<3<3

rebecca on March 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm
  10. We have a new message at the grape vines. :) http://pinterest.com/pin/403635185323203319/

chris50555 on March 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    • Chris, I want to thank you again for your faithful posts on Pinterest! They're great still shots that we can go back and look at whenever. Really helpful to me, as I have not been able to be online for lengths of time lately. Thank you so much–you're the best!xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm
    • Thanks for all your pintrest posts!!!! :)

Lia_M on March 5, 2013 at 8:04 pm