Feb 22

Friday Construction Update

Blog Cabin 2013 Window Installation

This week at Blog Cabin 2013, says project manager Dylan Eastman, the team installed exterior doors and windows and began the People’s Choice roofing and siding installations. “Now that the house is once again dried in, we will be installing our specialty trades rough-ins and then moving to insulation. Siding will continue through the next week,” he says.

• Posted at 6:09 pm on February 2, 2013

1. Wow! DIY Team, Your are the best! This blog cabin is incredible! Can't wait to see everyone at work next week. Becky^_^<3

bythebaydreamer on February 22, 2013 at 6:23 pm
    • I am so excited for next weeks progress as well!!! How are you doing? Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on February 23, 2013 at 1:17 pm
  2. Great work, team! The grey siding with white trim is perfect. This time next week, the outside will look close to done!

RLD on February 22, 2013 at 6:37 pm
    • This Blog Home is really taking shape! Exterior doors are in and looking good! This is going to Southern dream home for some Blessed person!! Can't wait to see the Roof and Siding!

RonnieJames6182 on February 23, 2013 at 5:22 pm
  3. Woohoo! You Guys are hoofing it!!! Just loving results and watching your cohesive Team DIY! Stay Warm! Stay Safe! Have Fun! Thank You All!xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 22, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    • Well sead Mrs Kitty!!! ;)

asandmancan on February 23, 2013 at 1:07 pm
    • Hi Kitty, yes they are! The house is coming along. It is sooo beautiful!! Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on February 23, 2013 at 1:16 pm
  4. Exterior Siding looks great!!! DIY, you guys are really getting there!!! Cannot wait to see what is next. THANKS GUYS!!!

dotdinero on February 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm
  5. Lookin' good! Great job, fellas! Just wish I could get home before the cam goes dark!o.0

Dghawk4 on February 22, 2013 at 7:22 pm
    • dghawk4 I have a Pintrest board just for Cabin Cam shots that I have "taken virtually" you are more than welcome to check it out. I try to get a few shots each day the crew is working so everyone can follow along. I know there are so many Blog Cabin Fans that can't get to the camera to check things out during the daytime hours. Here is the link. Enjoy :) http://pinterest.com/christinambruns/blog-cabin-2

chris50555 on February 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm
    • Hi Chris! I was just going to suggest your Pinterest… even going to the cam during the day, you've been catching stuff I miss. You are a good resource! ;-)

karenlin91 on February 23, 2013 at 7:26 pm
    • Thanks, Chris. I put the link in my favorites so I don't have to hunt for it.

Dghawk4 on February 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm
  6. Fantastic!
    Looks Great.
    Amazed at the DIY team's excellent progress!

Lester B. on February 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm
  7. The house is looking very nice. But I wish we could get some pictures of the side of the house the cabin cam doesn't get. Is there any way? Please.

vicki_in_Utah on February 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    • Hi Vicki,
      I also asked for a Camera Cam in like we had in Bethel, NY. I hope they install a Camera Cam in the kitchen and direct it to the living and dining area…After they finish the siding and roof, what is left for us to see outside before the Designer's Special start??? Stay Warm!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 22, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    • I know Jennie, I feel like I have asked for a 2nd camera, almost every thread, but I guess we are lucky to get one. Do you remember if there was a camera on the first BC? I know there was on the 2nd one. Ahmed would pose sometimes.

vicki_in_Utah on February 22, 2013 at 11:31 pm
    • Good Morning Vicki ….Yes there was a interior cam in the first BC. It was fun going around each room and exploring every item and design. That was such a special little cabin, I was so in love with it. The only thing that I did not care for was the terrain of the land and the painting on the bedroom floor. Do you remember that? I thought it looked tacky. However, overall that cabin was great as all the others were too. The interior cam was like the one on HGTV.

Heading South on February 23, 2013 at 7:50 am
    • Thanks Heading South for jogging my memorie, I do remember the camera now. Yes that painted rug looked tacky to me too. I thought the lot was a little small. But over all that was my favorite cabin.

vicki_in_Utah on February 23, 2013 at 9:00 am
    • Hi Heading South and Vicki,
      If I remember correctly, the back Porch/deck was screened in too! On my yearly trips to the Mountains in the Fall, We drove into Townsend and went by the Blog Cabin..I was so thrilled to see it in person and remembering all the activity that surrounded the place during the Build came back to me..and all those Designers who worked so hard and had sooo much Fun..The Fireplace was my favorite thing other than the screened porch to view the beautiful Mountainside and the BC was just the right sq. footage, nothing elaborate.but just a cozy little Cabin in the Woods…I think that BC has been my favorite from day one…It was 2009 we were there and the Place looked vacant…So sad!

Jennie/Florida on February 23, 2013 at 10:47 am
    • The screned in porch was not in the origanal plans, but we bloggers begged for it, so we got it. I think it was a must for that cabin. That is sad no one lives in it now.

vicki_in_Utah on February 23, 2013 at 12:22 pm
    • It was sold, again, last year. I believe that's the fourth time since it was awarded. It still hasn't reached a value as high as it was originally given in the ARV. I believe it was used as a vacation home only, not for permanent dwelling. That area was hit very hard in the recession and cabins like that are a dime-a-dozen presently. So sad for an already not affluent area.

Clive on February 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm
    • Thanks Clive for the update, I think a lot of us bloggers have a soft spot in our heart for the first BC.

vicki_in_Utah on February 23, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    • I truly hope they are listening to our pleas in this home-to add screens:) I do not feel it would detract from this home but add more space to enjoy the view and outdoors:)Please:)

ruffybc on February 26, 2013 at 8:28 am
    • Vicki, be sure to catch the article that DBCOOP posted today for us in one of his comments Sunday. A local paper did an article about the Blog Cabin and posted a photo perspective of the BC from the other side–the one we never can see!! :) :D<3Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 25, 2013 at 12:56 am
  8. How exciting to see this house come together! The gray roof shingles and "mist" gray siding with white trim will be beautiful! I just worry about all of the storms that the East Coast is having. It seems that when we have a little storm out here in California, it becomes a monster by the time that it travels east! I guess that it is a true testament of how good the planning and skills are in restoring this house!

paperdragon on February 22, 2013 at 7:31 pm
  9. Oh wow….I've been busy on the farm a couple of days and can't believe how far along you guys have come! Looking great.

ncsheepfarmer on February 22, 2013 at 8:06 pm
  10. Can't wait until the outside is complete for more visual appeal.

sand & surf on February 22, 2013 at 8:12 pm