Feb 14

People’s Choice: Vote for Family Room Features

Blog Cabin 2013 People's Choice Family Room Vote

Good morning!

Today we launch the family room vote. Help us select the flooring pattern, lighting fixtures, ceiling treatment and more. We also invite you to vote for our guest suite style, provided by our friends at Good Housekeeping magazine. More info on those three distinct room styles is coming in the days to come!

• Posted at 10:47 am on February 2, 2013

1. luv the show and all that on the show would luv 2win

troy on February 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
  2. I'm so sucking the hind teat here, I'll never catch up. I'm pretty sure our voting on this thread topic is coming to an end soon so I really don't see any need for heroics. My time here is limited due to the other things I have pressing on me. I wanted to let the few friends I have here know that I appreciate their thoughts, to please forgive me when I don't have the capability to reply, and that when I do have the spare minutes, I greatly enjoy and value everyone's opinions – even when we disagree. I'm looking forward to the next vote and hoping I score higher with the next opinion poll. I'm so tired of being in the minority!
    Con't on P2, WCG

Wind Chime Girl on February 23, 2013 at 12:07 am
    • Page 2 here – my other point is that I don't think HGTV or DIY will ever offer choices here that will make their product, uh, suck, if you will. Except for that "desk" choice under the murphy bed. Now that is just an evil choice that seems only bolstered by – well now that just sounds like a conspiracy theory now and I don't believe in that. So, I'm going to believe in the voters and swallow that vote, along with the tile vote, the mirror framing vote, the cupola lamp vote, the ceiling treatment vote, you know.
      Everyone of us thinks we have the best ideas for this home. It will work out in the end. I have every confidence. Can't wait for the next vote.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on February 23, 2013 at 12:18 am
    • Good thing about that desk is that it looks like it would burn easily. Fire pit anyone? ;)

Clive on February 23, 2013 at 1:04 am
    • LOL Clive………that's one solution!

karenlin91 on February 23, 2013 at 9:02 am
    • OMGosh! I just saw this post…I end up missing some posts because they usually don't show up right away when I'm logged on, and then there they are when I go back at a later date to see what I have missed!

You three have just cracked me up over the desk!!! LOL :D I have all the faith in our beloved DIY Team and I know whatever they come up with will work just fine, as they have proven time and time again over the years! ;)

Shelly313 on February 24, 2013 at 10:42 am
  3. Love the area! There are so many activities on the down east coast of North Carolina area and all are well worth the visit for any aged person. Beautiful coastline makes the house a perfect retreat away from our Iowa weather. I like the yard and acrage as much as the house! Not many places in that area that comes with it's own seclusion surround.

Julie on February 24, 2013 at 11:05 am
  4. Noticed today that the windows and French doors are by Window World. Good advertisement for them! They seem to do quite a lot of business in our area, and have a good reputation. Doors and windows look great!

Bev on February 26, 2013 at 10:38 am
  5. I would love to see more antiques also, but it is still very beautiful so far!

blxgirl913 on February 26, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  6. I was looking at the pics and they asked if we could guess what they were putting in on I think the west side of the home in the drop down floor and my guess and my spelling stinks but I think it is a jacuzzi hope I'm rite take a look at the pics and you will know what I am talking about if you don't already lol
    <3<3:*

kathy on February 28, 2013 at 12:05 am
  7. Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing on your feeds and even I fulfillment you get admission to constantly rapidly.

blog on April 9, 2013 at 11:39 pm
  8. I love the old house in side I hope they keep some of the old charm

Karla on April 10, 2013 at 12:45 am
  9. SOOOoooo EXcitinggggg!!!!B)

coolsmiley on June 24, 2013 at 4:02 pm
  10. Love the picture. It is a very cozy and natural feeling bedroom design.

joyce on November 17, 2013 at 10:32 pm