Feb 14

People’s Choice: Vote for Family Room Features

Blog Cabin 2013 People's Choice Family Room Vote

Good morning!

Today we launch the family room vote. Help us select the flooring pattern, lighting fixtures, ceiling treatment and more. We also invite you to vote for our guest suite style, provided by our friends at Good Housekeeping magazine. More info on those three distinct room styles is coming in the days to come!

• Posted at 10:47 am on February 2, 2013

1. Look Bloggers. The siding is going up this morning outside the entryway.

On another note, we have one more week of voting on the upstairs fixtures (even though it already feels like forever and I'm ready to vote on the downstairs). I wonder if we could get all the people voting for the cupola lantern fixture to change heir vote to the fresnel. The fresnel might have a fighting chance which would really allow someone on the water to find their way to the BC at night and make it the true beacon that it is.

Barbara/Virginia on February 22, 2013 at 8:43 am
    • I'm doing my best…..too bad we can't post something on the voting page to make non-bloggers change their vote too ;-) or a sign like the one for the drop in tub? lol, anything!

karenlin91 on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 am
    • Lol Karen…if only!!! :D

Shelly313 on February 22, 2013 at 12:26 pm
    • I agree the Fresnel is the best choice for all the right reasons – and I love the dimmer switch idea to go with it!!! The Glass Globe is really beautiful, but I think it is better suited for another part of the house (kitchen, dining room)…I would even put it in the living room to cast a soft blue/green glow on the white walls! ;) And I don't think it would be that difficult to keep clean (a quick daily swipe with a telescoping duster should solve that problem, followed with a 'bath' whenever the bulb would need to be changed)! IMHO! ^_^

Shelly313 on February 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm
  2. Morning guys, how is everyone today? Looks like a really nice day at the cabin! The guys are already working there little butts off! haha Looks like they maybe cutting the trim for around the doors this morning. Well have to go do my voting.

rebecca on February 22, 2013 at 9:00 am
    • Hi Rebecca, boy by the end of next week the BC should look like a real house.

vicki_in_Utah on February 22, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    • I know. Hopefully they will be putting the siding on shortly. I am so excited!! I want to see what they have next to vote on. I am more curious about the dock though. I just know they will do something amazing! Much Love!! <3<3

rebecca on February 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm
    • You can see the siding on the foyer outside wall and shingles on the roof over the foyer. Looks great.

RLD on February 22, 2013 at 6:15 pm
  3. Good thing they are working hard this morning because the weather might be turning bad down there. The siding is going up and roofing going on. Dark shingles, but we have to love 'em or leave 'em and I'm not leaving yet! Love the total look! Now the inside work is on the horizon. I wish there was a way to make the voting suspense last longer. It seems the decision is basically made in the very first hours and then we vote just for the fun of it for the rest of the time.
    Have a great day everyone!

Grammagail on February 22, 2013 at 9:32 am
    • I love how our little Seaside Cottage is coming along….. Just beautiful.

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 10:42 am
    • I "love 'em", and just like you "I'm not leaving"…LOL!!! I'm surprised the percentages don't fluctuate more as people cast curiosity votes, but that just means everyone else is pretty much remaining consistent in their voting from start to finish! The house is becoming a home, and the Crew are doing an amazing job making that happen!!! Hope you have a great day too!!! ^_^

Shelly313 on February 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm
  4. Hey check out the Cabin Cam…The Siding Is Going Up…. I have been posting more photos on my Pintrest page. Feel free to browse. http://pinterest.com/christinambruns/blog-cabin-2
    Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
    Chris 50555

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 10:41 am
    • Hi, Christina – thanks for allowing us to see the pics you've posted. It's a nice way to compare how the work is progressing! Great job!

Bev on February 22, 2013 at 11:46 am
    • Good Morning Bev, I just love sharing the pics.

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    • Great pics, Chris. Thanks for sharing. Good to see you back in the blog; haven't heard from you in a bit.

Karen_NEOH on February 22, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    • Welcome back Chris…….been wondering where the cabin stalker was hidin' out…….Love your pics, you catch so much that i've missed ;-)

karenlin91 on February 22, 2013 at 2:29 pm
    • I don't think I posted that I started a new job this week. I am working 4pm-12:30am Monday – Friday. I will be working with government insurance claims. Should be interesting. I will stop by the blog when ever I can. Miss you all.
      Chris – 50555

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm
  5. Good morning everyone! We have survived two days of ice storm here in AR and today is sunny. Temps should reach close to 50 degrees, so all the ice will be gone by this afternoon. B) Unfortunately I know all the horrid weather has moved on to many of you, and you are still dealing with ice and snow. Please be careful everyone and stay safe!<3<3<3 They are finally working in view of the camera so we can watch the progress, how mercilessly they have teased us the last two days! :@ The siding on the entry end looks lovely, guys, so all is forgiven! <3

SID on February 22, 2013 at 10:43 am
    • Good Morning Sid,
      Here in Central Indiana we got the ice late last night. Should all be melted off toady too. I agree the siding is looking wonderful. By the end of the day I bet the siding will be complete on the lower level. Only time will tell.
      Chris 50555 :)

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 10:55 am
    • Glad you finally have a nice sunny day to melt that ice away!!! Like Chris said, we got the ice last night. I thought the weatherman said we would get snow too, but I don't see much of anything to speak of this morning.

I can only imagine how much has been done on the two sides we can't see…they definitely teased us by making us wait as long as they could! haha! :D

Shelly313 on February 22, 2013 at 12:38 pm
  6. Well the crew has taken the French doors out and I am not sure what they are up to.:S I have posted pics on Pintrest.
    Chris -50555

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 11:28 am
  7. French doors are back in and hinged now, and window framing looking good!

Bev on February 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm
  8. OK I posted a picture with some captions…. just to make us all chuckle.

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    • Chris, so funny, especially the jig!xD<3

SID on February 22, 2013 at 2:53 pm
    • Thanks Sid. Maybe DIY will post one of them on the Blog Cabin page…

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 6:30 pm
    • Chris, how did you do that????????? that is so Cool!!! And congratulations on your job……it may be really cool , it's amazing what some people put on insurance claims…..;-)

karenlin91 on February 22, 2013 at 4:00 pm
    • Thanks Karen. I did the captions in picture painter on my computer. The insurance claims do have some unusual circumstances. LoL so just a bit of entertainment while working.

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    • that's funny. :D

JudyInMich on February 22, 2013 at 4:47 pm
    • Thanks Judy

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 6:30 pm
    • Too funny, Chris! Enjoying your Pinterest posts! Thank you! :) B)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm
    • Thanks Kitty. I hope to be able to share more.

chris50555 on February 22, 2013 at 6:31 pm
  9. The windows are looking great today, seeing the guys all over but not the little supervisor. He looks like a black shepard! Cute little something:)

WE-Z on February 22, 2013 at 12:38 pm
  10. I keep wondering why they didn't install the upstairs french doors when they did the rest. Looks like they have the windows up downstairs. Must be painting or staining something and need fresh air. I don't think it is that warm there. I agree with those of you who keep echoing the desire for an inside camera. Wish someone nearby would make a trip over there and give us some pictures like they did last year. We're getting snow still but so far it only measures 4 inches. Nice day to have off. I can enjoy being inside and catching up on the cabin and blog. Happy Friday everybody.

Hazelnut Deb on February 22, 2013 at 12:57 pm