Feb 6

Mysteries of the Deep

Blog Cabin 2013 Tree Trunk Foundation

As promised, we are proud to announce the launch of our Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com. One of our first features focuses on the elevated foundation and the primitive supports that stood in its place for over 120 years … tree trunks. Nope, no typo here. Read the article to find out how tree trunk foundations were constructed and stood the test of time. This is just the first of many facsinating nuggets of information we hope to share about this coastal North Carolina cottage in the weeks to come.

• Posted at 11:44 am on February 2, 2013

1. Nice to meet you all…..karenlin91 & JudyInMich…..It is addicting….wonderful info being given out from several bloggers…we appreciate it all!!

dotdinero on February 11, 2013 at 4:19 pm
  2. Hi Sid, it looks like you might be getting some Snow!!!! The Cold front headed your way from the West is bringing Snow and Rain…You might get to enjoy a little Snow, so Be careful when going outside!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    • Jennie, thank you for thinking of me! Thankfully that snow was north and west of us, it was beautiful and sunny and about 60 degrees here by afternoon. There is another chance of the white stuff on wednesday, hope they are wrong! Sorry to be late again reading the posts and responding, so I'm not sure you'll read this reply. My husband has been having complications from his surgery last friday, so I've been busy trying to help him through it. Fortunately the complications aren't dangerous, only very uncomfortable for him, and the pain killers the doctors prescribed have made him very nauseous. The poor dear has had a pretty rough ride! I think last night he finally got through the worst and is now on the mend. :S:)<3

SID on February 12, 2013 at 10:55 am
    • Dearest Sid, I am so sorry to hear that your Hubby' s having a hard time with recovery from his surgery. Lots of painkillers have codeine or similar in them and he may have a sensitivity to that. If his Doc will give him a concurrent antihistamine such as phenergan with the pain-killer that should take care of the nausea part. The heaving will only stress any surgical sutures anywhere. Check it out. 25-50 mg phenergan should help a lot–hopefully the doc will see it that way… (((hugs))) Kitty^_^<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm
    • Hi Sid, I'm so sorry your Honey isn't doing well after Surgery, I hope his Dr. will find a Solution for him that will Ease his pain during his Recovery..I do hope he is on the mend…Take care!!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm
  3. Checking Chris50555's pics……which group of Crashers do you think will start on the Blog Cabin, first?
    thanks Chris for the pics…

dotdinero on February 11, 2013 at 4:54 pm
    • Dotdinero, I am so happy to share the pics with everyone. I know there are a lot of people out there that are not home during the day to catch the Cabin Cam so if I can capture some shots then all the better. Have a wonderful evening.
      Chris – IN

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  4. Well guess it is my nighty night time! I hope it is a nice day tomorrow for the guys. Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 7:54 pm
    • Have a good night Rebecca! I'll be checking back in after I get home from work. :)

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm
  5. A New Thread Every Bloggie!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm
  6. Tree trunks , sounds like Yankee ingenuity lol. I love the cam feature and agree that I wish it were available on all the homes you build. I also love that this year the theme for homes is coastal retreats. Nice job, all!

Roxi1962 on February 13, 2013 at 9:27 am
    • I bet when they built that old house it was made to last! And Mary thanks for the Cam! This Blog home will be a Dream come true! Love that Southern Style!

RonnieJames6182 on February 13, 2013 at 4:12 pm
  7. Isn't that scary?

Pam Sallegue on March 21, 2013 at 3:13 am
  8. I wonder about the people who lived in the house after being up for so long!?

Shiya on April 12, 2013 at 7:56 pm