Feb 6

Mysteries of the Deep

Blog Cabin 2013 Tree Trunk Foundation

As promised, we are proud to announce the launch of our Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com. One of our first features focuses on the elevated foundation and the primitive supports that stood in its place for over 120 years … tree trunks. Nope, no typo here. Read the article to find out how tree trunk foundations were constructed and stood the test of time. This is just the first of many facsinating nuggets of information we hope to share about this coastal North Carolina cottage in the weeks to come.

• Posted at 11:44 am on February 2, 2013

1. Hi bloggers I see the roof shingles have been delivered, the house will be waterproofed before long. That will mean alot of the indoor wook can continue regaurdless of the weather, great news. Have a nice day.

Jimbo on February 11, 2013 at 10:26 am
    • Great! Thanks Jimbo! Can't wait to see it all. Would love to be able to see the progress on the inside as well.
      :D Judy

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 10:29 am
  2. Monday at the Blog Cabin I have about 6 photos from the Cabin Cam on Pintrest. http://pinterest.com/christinambruns/blog-cabin-2

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 10:37 am
    • Thanks Chris. Just love the pictures you are pinning. :D
      Judy

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 10:48 am
    • HiJudy,
      I am very happy to share this with others who might not be able to check the Cabin Cam during the day. It is also a very fun challenge to see what I can capture.
      Chris in Indiana

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 11:08 am
    • How cool that you caught the daffodils! Thank you for doing this!

karenlin91 on February 11, 2013 at 11:01 am
    • Karen,
      I am happy to share the photos. I wasn't really sure any one else would be interested in viewing them but like I was just telling Judy from Mich, some folks can't check in during the work day so I will make a scrap book of the pictures that I take with the Cabin Cam.
      Chris – IN

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 11:11 am
    • Hi Chris, I love the Daffodils and the Photos are great! Thank you for sharing..I will be glad when they start
      on the next phase…"The natives are getting restless" waiting to see where the Guys will be working next, if inside, we won't get to see much activity… but maybe the Roof will be next and the Porch…Hope weather holds up!!! I know we are ready for some New activity after a long weekend of photo shooting…
      More rain is expected this week, so that will hinder the work for outside…..Bummer!
      Have a good Day and thank you again for sharing!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 11, 2013 at 11:21 am
    • Your pictures are great not only for those unable to check the camera during the day, you're capturing stuff that we might have missed too! Like the daffodils! Thank you so much, it kindof calms the restlessness Jennie speaks of while we wait for results from all the filming ;-)

karenlin91 on February 11, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    • Thanks for posting… Love the daffodils, I had to go back to the cam and look. There's a bunch of them. I hope they keep them in the landscape, they are so bright and sunny, and part of the cabin's charm.

Mimitheminer on February 11, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    • Nice pics! Much Love!!<3<3<3

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm
    • Loving your pics :)

Laurie_March on February 13, 2013 at 8:55 pm
    • Thanks Laurie, Photography has always been a love of mine and to be a virtual photographer all the more fun and challenge. ;) Have a wonderful day and keep checking in.
      Chris – IN

chris50555 on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 am
  3. Oh how sweet, a sign from the "House Counslor" I must of missed that Sunday. Kind of rainy today at the BC.

vicki_in_Utah on February 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    • Oh my goodness! I thought that sign was so funny! It is still sad they had to come on here and tell adults how to act. How are you doing today? The rain really sucks! I love watching the guys at work. I can't wait for the episodes to start to air, how about you?

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    • Hi Rebecca, the Sign was from Laurie and I thought it was so thoughtful of Her to let us know She was at the Cottage and to acknowledge that We were there too……Nice surprise!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 11, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    • Hi Jennie! It definately was a good surprise!! It is terrible when the only fun you have is interacting online. Sorry if I seem a little down today just hard when you are stuck in bed. I have been panning with the cam though. It is so nice to just look at the water and the old weathered dock. It makes you forget everything and makes you get a good feeling inside if only for a minute or two. I wish it wasn't raining today so I could at least watch the guys work some. How is everything going for you today?

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 2:16 pm
  4. Karen & Jennie,
    I am right there with you. I am so anxious to see this home develop. I think most of us feel a sense of "ownership" and would just love to be the winner. I would guess that the roof will go up soon to protect the interior as much as possible from the elements. Also the windows unless they will just cover those with the industrial plastic. One of the other bloggers suggested they put a cam on the inside of the house . That would be fantastic, but then we wouldn't have the element of surprise. Time will tell. I will keep posting throughout the day on my blog.
    Enjoy Everyone,
    Chris – IN

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    • Hi Chris, I suggested the Camera Cam for the inside.. Blog Cabin 2010 had a Cam inside and outside..
      We got to watch the Designers as they worked..The Cam was installed in the kitchen so we didn't see the other rooms being remodeled, but we got to see them work on the kitchen, living and dining room area. It was so much fun to watch the Designers kidding around with one another and you could tell they were having a good time…They didn't show everything, So there were still great surprises for us..It didn't spoil anything but just made the Bloggers feel that we were really part of the Renovation…As dedicated as We are, I don't think anything they showed us would spoil the Great Reveal!! Just My Thoughts!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 11, 2013 at 1:20 pm
  5. Morning fellow bloggers, how is everyone doing this morning? I am home today having a bad day but still can't stay away from checkng in on how the house is coming along and how my friends are doing. Just checked the cam and was a little disappointed because it is another nasty rainy day. Fiddle de sticks!!! At least when it is not raining I can at least watch the cam and see the guys working hard. What are you guys up to today?

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    • Rebecca, I'm sorry to know you are not feeling well today.:( You are right, not much going on at the cabin today. Maybe you can zoom in and watch the water for awhile? If there isn't too much water on the camera lens you may be able to see waterfowl and other shore birds. I hope you soon feel much better! Much Love, Sandy (SID) <3<3<3

SID on February 11, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    • Thanks Sandy. Yes I love looking at the water and the old weathered dock! You can get lost in your imagination looking at that. It is so beautiful you fall in love with it at first sight. How are you? Much Love!!<3<3

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm
    • Hope you are feeling better soon Rebecca. We are baking bread here today and checking the cabin cam when we can. They were there working earlier today but looks as though they quit for now. It's raining here too.

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    • Thanks! What kind of bread are you baking? I love homemade bread! Do you bake a lot? Who is we? Your children? I hope you have fun. I keep looking at the cam too. Not much going on today, rainy and nasty.

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 7:38 pm
    • We made honey wheat and rye breads. Yes My husband and I bake once a week. Our children are all grown, so we bake for our own use and give out a loaf here and there to the neighbors. The remainder we put in the freezer then take out when frozen and use our Foodsaver to vacuum seal them. We don't have a bread machine so yes we do have fun.:D

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 7:54 pm
  6. Hey guys! I have just been panning on the cam and I tell you, this place will just make your mind wonder and take away all of your problems if just for a bit! I love this property and the house. I think I could just get a tent and live on the property it is so beautiful. I can't do much of anything else today but lay in bed. I wish it wasn't raining and I could at least watch the guys work a bit. Much Love!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm
  7. Sure enjoy watching the progress.
    Interesting seeing the crew set up on the old dock yesterday. One poor fella stepped back to far and fell off! He appeared no worse for wear however.
    Can't wait to what they have in store for the new dock and boathouse. Perhaps they can out-do the HGTV crew's lake boathouse, and do the same on the Down East Seaside Cottage.
    Nothing like a boat lift, floating dock and deck for lounging over the water, and of course the Tiki bar.
    Go for it guys!

JJmck on February 11, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    • I missed that yesterday. Had to work. Can't wait to see them work on the dock.

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 4:09 pm
  8. Well I have captured around 20 photos today from the Cabin Cam. I have them all posted on Pintrest to share with everyone. It appeared that it was a brain storming session and now all of the cars have left the site. Maybe we will have a working crew in tomorrow. Here is the link for my Pintrest page. http://pinterest.com/christinambruns/blog-cabin-2
    Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.
    Chris – IN

chris50555 on February 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    • Thanks Chris! You have a great one as well.
      Judy

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 4:05 pm
  9. I just want to take a moment to thank Chris50555 for the pics, I enjoyed the.

Jimbo on February 11, 2013 at 2:30 pm
  10. Hello Bloggers….I am new to the Blog but not to the Cabin…I have been following all the interesting blogs from you folks and feel the excitement building as we get closer to the inside of the house…I live here in Fayetteville, NC.. maybe a couple of hours from the coast…would love to win this Cabin like everyone else…love the selection of items for the rooms so far….would love to see the porch screened in…cannot wait for the dock to be done…love the Camera Cam….

dotdinero on February 11, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    • Welcome, I'm pretty new here too, and totally addicted to it.. can't stay away from that camera, even when it's rainy ;-)

karenlin91 on February 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    • I know what you mean, karenlin91…thanks for your nice welcome!

dotdinero on February 11, 2013 at 6:05 pm
    • Hi. I'm new to blogging but not new to the sight. Have been watching (we use to call it lurking on various nets) but am loving it. As Karen says it is addicting. :D

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 4:02 pm
    • Hello to you, too, JudyinMich…..

dotdinero on February 11, 2013 at 6:06 pm
    • Welcome aboard the crazy train! "joking" Welcome, you will find some great people on here! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on February 11, 2013 at 7:26 pm
    • Welcome dotdinero, this is my first Blog Cabin to post with. Everyone here makes you feel very welcome and valued.
      Chris – IN