Jan 31

People’s Choice: Vote for Master Bathroom Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Master Bathroom Fixtures

Today, we invite you to vote for fixtures — from the faucet and bathtub to super-cool lighting — we will install in the master bathroom. Vote now and invite friends and family to participate too.

• Posted at 10:12 am on January 1, 2013

1. I am so in love with where the home is and that bathtub omg .I hope they put some color in the rooms not just white.

Lisa on February 1, 2013 at 2:11 am
  2. OMG i love that tub,i hope they put some color in the rooms and not such a stark white.

Lisa on February 1, 2013 at 2:13 am
  3. We <3 Bathcrashers <3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 7:40 am
  4. Good morning guys!!!! How is everyone doing this cold morning??? Wow the house is moving along so fast now. I am afraid to blink I might miss something. Already did my voting. Looked at the cam and been looking through all the pictures. I am amazed at the new ones just posted. I keep coming back to the view on the porch! I am soooo excited just watching. It sounds crazy but I can't wait until I get to my computer in the morning to turn it on and vote and see what is new. I <3 DIY Teams!!!

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 7:43 am
  5. Wake up Woodworker and Gail!!!! Time to make the doughnuts!!! For Gail it's time to make the coffee!! hahahaha

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 7:46 am
    • Good morning Rebecca.

vicki_in_Utah on February 1, 2013 at 8:11 am
    • Good afternoon!! How are you today???

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    • Rebecca, I am up and around, too, enjoying (?) this -20.6 degrees this morning. Growing up, my dad always talked about the winter where it NEVER got ABOVE zero for over 30 days? Now, that was one COLD winter. Enjoy your warm climate. :)

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 8:22 am
    • Like I said, I wouldn't be able to take that cold cold weather! My old bones would freeze! haha

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    • You people need to get a room and leave the blog to the Blog Cabin Bloggers.

Migi on February 1, 2013 at 10:55 pm
  6. Good morning! I see the single-handle faucet has pulled ahead…. not my choice, but the one illustrated looks kinda like the old well pump that was there… if that's the one they actually use, at least it's cute.

Mimitheminer on February 1, 2013 at 7:50 am
    • Mimi, I haven't voted yet, but I ,too, like that single style faucet.

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 8:24 am
    • Looks nice, but will be harder to clean.

Larree on February 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm
  7. oooh, pretty colors on the clouds…. I didn't completely miss sunrise this morning!

Mimitheminer on February 1, 2013 at 7:54 am
  8. OK I see non of my buddies are up yet to chat with so I will start singing until you get here. Don't make fun cause I know I can't carry a tune but here it goes anyway. On the good ship lollipop, it's a sweet trip to the candy shop….. hahaha feel free to join cause lord knows I don't know all the words. haha Much Love! <3<3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 8:06 am
    • I see the workers are just getting to work this morning.

vicki_in_Utah on February 1, 2013 at 8:10 am
    • Yes they are and the temp down there is in the 40's so they should have a good day today.

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 9:59 am
    • How about this one> Sittin' on the dock of the bay…. watchin' the tiiiide roll away…. OK, so it's not a bay so much, but close enough :)

Mimitheminer on February 1, 2013 at 8:40 am
    • I like it!!!! :)

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 9:59 am
    • Mimi- I think you and Rebecca should form a singing group, called the "Sunshine Girl's Blog Cabin Gang."

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 10:55 am
    • Rebecca–
      Do you want me to play drums, while you are singing? I was a drummer in high school, many, many, many years ago. :) I will keep the beat going, while you sing. Okay, everyone join in with Rebecca, as she sings. :)

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 9:18 am
    • HAHAHA Woodworker you are of many talents I see! I hope your drumming is better than my singing!!!! How are you feeling today? :*<3<3

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 10:01 am
    • lol…You gave me my first good laugh this morning! Is there a part for me in there somewhere? I have to warn you, a singer I am not…lol. Maybe I could play the tambourine?:p

Mindy_Lou on February 1, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    • Of course, all are welcome! We can have our little bloggers band! haha

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    • Isn't this kind of silly? Wastes time and space?

donna on February 1, 2013 at 10:46 pm
    • Silly it may be, but some of us are on our days off, and are not required to be serious and businesslike at this time. For that matter, this is a blog for entertainment purposes, and if we choose to "waste" our time here, joking with other bloggers, it hurts no one. If you feel it is a waste of space, collapse the replies :)

Mimitheminer on February 2, 2013 at 1:20 am
    • Donna, bloggies have freedom here to build camaraderie, exchange and build upon ideas for the BC, share stories, laugh and even cry together. Because life goes one as we are watching DIY work upon the BC, things can and sometimes do happen to members of our blogging community. If and when such happens, we have by then become more familiar with our counterparts on this blog; we have learned about their childrem sometimes about their hobbies, where they think DIY should build next year's BC, we become comfortable with one another. Having good communication and mutual understanding is a good thing—it helps us work through differences of perceptions and opinions, when DIY questions come up. You're correct that we sometimes act silly too. Sometimes we find ourselves being creative with time, while we are awaiting a new thread, since we have commented ourselves thoroughly. Some lapses have been so long in the past, that some of us, gave ourselves some imaginary search responsibilities, for we were sure that Mary had been abducted by Camac's gianf squirell twin babies that moved into her attic, just down the road from BC 2012 around Fall, when they had done nothing much to the Blog Cabin yet and we were hearing zip! Well, a crazy, passing storyline developed from one Bloggie to another, as each member continued to create and embelish the storyline. Reality has it that then, the house was not ready for construction, we were wanting to hear and blog and we had no communication and subject to discus–so we made up our own… It turned into loads of fun! Other stories followed.. We have to be flexible as are builders, because they deal with supplies, timing, temperatures, sequences, and so on. So, whatever we do we just try to keep open-minded and try to keep our sense of humor, cheer each other up and don't sweat the small stuff… hope this makes sense to you! B);):p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 2, 2013 at 2:15 am
  9. Good morning everyone! The water on the sound is as rough as I have seen it since I started watching! It looks like actual rollers coming in.
    Are those critter holes I see in the trench line this morning?

Grammagail on February 1, 2013 at 9:16 am
    • It was rough yesterday too, Boy I hope those are not critter holes LOL

vicki_in_Utah on February 1, 2013 at 9:36 am
    • Vicki, we share this earth with critters! It is just nice to catch them moving in before they set up permanent headquarters and invite their friends to go forth and multiply! A gentle and persistent hint that this is not available real estate at the very start usually works. Peppermint oil and water sprayed around foundations in the fall stops mice trying to move into warm, dry climes. It actually makes them sick without making me sick. I don't know what the deterrent for snakes would be. And the toughest I deal with here are rabbits and deer after my outdoor garden. That takes stinky, dirty gym socks. The human smell seems to work (even on humans!LOL).

Grammagail on February 1, 2013 at 9:59 am
    • That is too funny! I never heard of stinky gym socks!!! haha

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 10:26 am
    • I have tried all those things(even mouth balls, and commet) on these little critters they call Chizzlers, (They look kind of like mice and chipmunks mixed up) But nothing works, I wont use poisen because of the owls, if they eat one that has been poisened it would kill them. And owls are our frinds up in the woods LOL. I have seen big owls flying with rattle snakes in their mouths, it looks awsome.

vicki_in_Utah on February 1, 2013 at 11:43 am
    • Oh, you reminded me how to deter snakes! That is why people use those plastic owls around their garden! We don't have to worry about snakes in Maine since once you get up past the border a bit there are no poisonous snakes in Maine. The snakes that do live here usually are helpful in keeping those other critters under control. It is really hard to even see one.
      Just looked up chizzlers and they are ground squirrels looking a lot like prairie dogs! Wow, don't know what I'd use on them! We have red squirrels that cause way more damage than gray squirrels especially if they get into an attic. For that we call animal control to bring their traps.

Grammagail on February 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    • Prairie dogs are pertected here, they make such a mess, they have distroyed the golf course, and the airport and the baseball fields, and there is nothing you can do to them. Those little chizzlers keep digging up our pavers at our cabin, and doing a lot of damage to things.

vicki_in_Utah on February 1, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    • Gail, I have seen powdered (sort of grainy) lime sold in hardware stores as snake determent. Bought some years ago, when I lived on 7.5 acres, to dissuade snakes from crossing a line up close to my house and pool. Problem was, I 1st needed to be sure the snakes–any snakes–which might be close in to house and pool area had moved themselves away. The lime is supposed to be harmless, but raspy to snake bellies, so they won't cross it. Grass loves lime. Ergo my problem.! If my close in snakes weren't proved gone, and I circled the house with lime, the snakes might just settle in and stay! I already had a family of blacksnakes living in/around the barn, having had one giant long one fallen on my head and down my back once, soon after we moved in! Of course, he was harmless and good protection against poisonous snakes, so while I was shaken up, I let him run one way while I took off the other! LOL! Back to the Lime: It is said to work without harming nature or them in any way, but I just never got round to using the cans I bought, for i never figured out, living then in the country, whether or not I would be "walling" the long slithery things IN or OUT! :$:D;)o.0 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 2, 2013 at 10:04 pm
    • Well I need a couple owls in my trees then! haha

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 3:44 pm
  10. How are you doing this morning?

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 9:53 am
    • Much better today. Must be the nice sunshine, even though it is still over -20 degrees outside.

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 10:56 am
    • Well at least there is sunshine my friend!

Rebecca on February 1, 2013 at 3:45 pm