Jan 31

People’s Choice: Vote for Master Bathroom Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Master Bathroom Fixtures

Today, we invite you to vote for fixtures — from the faucet and bathtub to super-cool lighting — we will install in the master bathroom. Vote now and invite friends and family to participate too.

• Posted at 10:12 am on January 1, 2013

1. Wow!!!! I am just loving the choices that we are being given!!!! I was also glad to see the nautical theme in some of the choices and hope it continues throughout the rest of the project!!!

Lorrie on January 31, 2013 at 3:45 pm
  2. Loved the choices!!! I am so glad to see a nautical theme emerging, as this is a beach cottage. Love the undermount sinks and the drop in tub. They are so much easier to keep clean, and no dust bunnies under the tub. I would have loved to see an undermount sink in the kitchen also. Heated floors, great!! They were also something I was thinking about for the kitchen, since you usually pad around there in your bare or stocking feet. Voted for the classical ceiling, as this is a beach cottage. It goes more with the feel. I feel the rustic is more for a wooded cabin. Love seeing the progess!!

ceddinger on January 31, 2013 at 3:55 pm
  3. Hey, I finally see a carpenter, working under the porch roof, probably installing the joist hangers, while I can see another worker just inside that window. Guess we will just have to wait until Friday to see much outside action. Still a nice day, at 56 degrees. We just barely made it above zero today, waiting for the big plunge tonight.

Woodworker from MN on January 31, 2013 at 4:42 pm
  4. OK. I cast my votes! Actually, how can you lose? All of the choices are fantastic! But thanks for giving us some input!! Lovin' it.

ncsheepfarmer on January 31, 2013 at 4:49 pm
  5. I've been looking forward to this all day. I love the beamed ceiling! I've read the previous posts about the claw-foot tub, but I like it, although the sunken tub is cool, too. I also went with the nautical light fixture. The heated bidet seat was my choice for the luxury item. Of course whatever choices ultimately win, the place is going to look great!

nmdeman on January 31, 2013 at 5:17 pm
  6. I voted and really loved the choices. The claw foot tub is pretty but as many of you have stated will be harder to keep dust bunnies away.

jkcarter on January 31, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    • Hi jkcarter, It would take just 10 minutes with a Swifter under your tub to get rid of the dust bunnies!! The Tub is very nice and children love to bathe in these tubs..dogs too…Something about them that looks inviting and would add style to the M/B and it doesn't take up too much room….I'm pretty sure a walk-in Shower will also be installed, at least they have added both tub and separate shower the past Blog Cabins…..We shall see!!!

Jennie/Florida on January 31, 2013 at 7:15 pm
    • Jennie, ditto on the swiffer from me, too. I use one all the time. If a person could afford one, those automatic I-Robot sweepers would be great. I saw some of them on display at a store once, and they will go everywhere, all by themselves. They are even made as lawnmowers, and go all by themselves, and are programed to return to their "garage" every night.

Woodworker from MN on January 31, 2013 at 8:02 pm
    • Woodworker, where can I get one of those Smart Little Critters, I could really use one of those…I get so tired of cutting my grass. I cut almost a half acre..Usually.In the winter the grass doesn't grow that fast so I cut every other week, but this winter has been really crazy with real warm days and the grass thinks it's spring, so I've had to cut more often. In the summer with all the rain we get, I have to cut weekly and if I don't cut, it gets so high it's too hard to cut. The rider died so I have a push mower…One good thing about that is I really get in my exercise and I have to say once I'm out there, I really do enjoy it…just getting motivated sometimes is hard especially when I think I'm going to miss something at the Cottage on the beach in NC… LOL I bet those Mowers are pretty expensive. I will do a search and see what I can find. Do you happen to know the name brand or where you saw them?? Probably cost more than a rider!!
      Tonight is going to be a REALLY COLD night for you and your Family so stay warm and be careful.

Jennie/Florida on January 31, 2013 at 9:23 pm
    • Jennie- I saw one at a the Minnesota State Fair a few years ago. It was the neatest thing I ever saw. it was all self propelled, and went under most anything, because it was only a few inches tall, just like the sweepers you see on TV ads. With that robot mower, there is a buried wire around your yard that protects it from running astray. You can program it, so it will always return to a given point every night, like having its' own parking spot, like GPS :) It mows all the time with spinning blades, and does not miss a blade of grass. Not sure where they are available, but I am sure you can find something on the internet. I will do some research on it for you tomorrow.

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 12:01 am
    • Jennie- It is -9.4 degrees right now, and headed down, down, down, and down some more, with wind chill warnings out for -41 by morning. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Gotta turn in to an eskimo, or a penguin, I guess. :)

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 12:05 am
    • Woodworker, your Weather is just really getting Stupid now!!! Is this the "norm" for your Minnesota's Winters???? If so, I think I would be looking to relocate further South to a nicer climate…Now I understand why "Snowbirds" come South for the Winters…I have Friends who live in Michigan and Canada and they come South after the their fall season up there and stays in Florida until March or April…Smart thinking…I would think the weather you are having is totally critical to your health! Is it hard to breath in those temperatures??? I have never been in that kind of weather with temps so low.. I'm just curious to know how you can function…I was born in Alabama and remember us having cold weather with snow and I remember ice on the walkway but I don't remember ever getting really cold..Of course my Mother and Father protected us…I remember having fireplaces in all the bedrooms rooms and dining room and I remember my Mother letting me go play and roll in the snow for a short period of time and I would make snowballs and throw them at my dog "Laddie"….He was so big or I was so little, I could get on his back and ride him like a horse…He was a Collie/Chow mixed, he was my Pal and protector ….So many good Memories…
      Woodworker, I hope you win the Cottage so you can get your family out of FreezingSota !!!
      It was 39 here this morning and will go up to Hi 60's today, then one more cold night before we get back to the 50's at night and 70's high…It was colder here yesterday and the day before than it was at the Cottage…Go figure!!! Have a Safe day!

Jennie/Florida on February 1, 2013 at 11:29 am
    • Jennie- I left you a note on the previous thread, concerning the robot mower. I did a little research this morning. There may be more mowers from other companies, too.

Woodworker from MN on February 1, 2013 at 11:42 am
  7. Wow – new stuff to choose from – Y'all are choosing everything I want. Keep it up! I can't wait to move in.
    Opt for easier to clean however the claw foot tub is more decorative. Love nautical theme because it just makes sense if the house is near the water.

Carol Kay on January 31, 2013 at 5:31 pm
  8. Okay, I've already changed some of my votes. Although I really like a claw-foot tub, based on the picture shown, I'm not a real big fan of the metal legs and feet (they would be hard to polish, and rust would be a concern), so I voted for the sunken tub. This led me to change my vote to the drop-in sink since I think it coordinates well with the tub. Then I changed the faucet fixture to the single handled choice since, based on the picture, it looked like it went well with the sink I've voted for. A bit of a domino effect.

nmdeman on January 31, 2013 at 5:48 pm
  9. Howdy, everyone. Really glad to see our cabin didn't sustain any damage. Not much in my neck of the woods (literally), except for a few expected downed trees in the area and half the county lost power. Power's back on and all's well.

Wonderful choices for the new vote. I think any and/or all of them would work. Now if DIY would just……… FIX THE LINK!!!!!;):p:$

Dghawk4 on January 31, 2013 at 6:05 pm
  10. Just watched a beautiful sunset, with scattered multi colored prism spectrum reflectings from the cam lens on to the ground. Very beautiful and peaceful setting.

Heading South on January 31, 2013 at 6:35 pm