Jan 31

People’s Choice: Vote for Master Bathroom Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Master Bathroom Fixtures

Today, we invite you to vote for fixtures — from the faucet and bathtub to super-cool lighting — we will install in the master bathroom. Vote now and invite friends and family to participate too.

• Posted at 10:12 am on January 1, 2013

1. Hi Jennie, I am not new to reading the blog, but, I do confess, the "screened-in porch" was my first comment! I am aware that it had been discussed, but I had just been on the HGTV's Dream Home site (entering for a chance to win). Each time I look at that house, it confounds me as to why they didn't, at least screen in part of the deck. After all, the house is adjacent to a swamp (Oh, excuse me, a MARSH)! So, I thought, I must state my case before they finish the Blog Cabin. Also, screening in the porch would maintain the look of the original cottage. Hey, those pine stumps from the original foundation would make good scratching posts for my two kitties. Yes, Jennie, there are great people on the blog with marvelous ideas and information. But, as I feared, it's extremely addictive once you get started. Bye, Bye for now. Boo

Boo on February 6, 2013 at 7:37 pm
  2. Hey Boo- funny you should say that about the South Carolina Dream Home- I had the same exact thought when I first saw it. I thought oh my it is going to be tough to sit out there and relax next to the marsh like that- think of all those- what we call "no sees" up here in NJ and other bothersome biting insects… would be great to see the blog cabin get at least a portion of the porch screened in. I vote whole heartedly for that! Thanks for bringing it up again- the more it gets mentioned- maybe the design team will take a listen. :) Enjoy the evening all.

Lizzy on February 6, 2013 at 7:51 pm
  3. I met "no-see-ums" in Fla a few years ago. They are horrible and they ate my husband to bits. At the time I was using Avon's S.S.S. bath oil and they didn't bother me. I don't use that any longer 'cause of the lasting odor in towels, etc. I can't imagine the extraordinary BUG issues on a deck or anywhere outside in a swamp, excuse me as well – a marsh. I also hope for the screened-in porches, otherwise one will be using lots of Skin-so-soft or Deet. Yuck. Rene

Wind Chime Girl on February 7, 2013 at 10:54 pm
    • I forgot to point out that screen for no-see-ums has to be the expensive kind with the teensy size mesh.

Wind Chime Girl on February 8, 2013 at 8:20 pm
    • But no no -see- ums biting…priceless.

zulumom on February 10, 2013 at 8:18 am
    • I think screens would be benificial for anyone who wants to sit out and enjoy the decks. That or deet.=/ Judy

JudyInMich on February 11, 2013 at 10:25 am
  4. My votes are based on what I know of the house. Have many wonderful memories of time spent with my dear friends in this place. Evelyn must be laughing up there…or cussing-I am here to tell ya she would prefer the chairs…she never sat on the swing…I'm just letting you know! ;)

Crystal Barcroft on February 8, 2013 at 3:40 am
    • Thanks for sharing your memories. The photos of the home looked like a lot of fun was had in it!

Lia_M on February 8, 2013 at 9:09 pm
    • You cannot lie down on the chair for a nap on the swing maybe depends on how long it is,

zulumom on February 10, 2013 at 8:16 am
    • Bless your heart, this must be very hard for you to watch.

Wind Chime Girl on February 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm
  5. hahaha I think its so funny people rather have warm toes than a clean bottom. What the heck.

Claudette on February 9, 2013 at 10:36 am
    • There will be a bidet toilet, it's just not going to have a heated seat. Warm feet are much more important, so is cost and bang for your buck. ;)

AnniesOwn on February 9, 2013 at 10:55 am
    • Baby wipes!

Wind Chime Girl on February 11, 2013 at 8:18 pm
  6. I agree with the heated floor you do get more bang for your buck …and a warm toliet seat has nothing to do with a clean bottom:$ I feel if someone or the future owners want a heated toliet seat they can easly put one on but a heated floor would take much more work for the owners to put in themself….with that being said I'm voting for the floor sorry to disagree ….THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS WONDERFUL HOME AND LETTING ALL OF US TO VOTE AND SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT…..THANKS DIY…FOR GIVING US A CHANCE TO WIN THIS HOME

kathyfluta on February 9, 2013 at 4:28 pm
  7. I was wondering if one day they will be doing a self sufficent home out in the middle of nowhere one day..I would love to be part of that voting and love a chance to win something like that..does anybody know if they have done one ? If not DIY please take into consideration on day of doing one or two lol…<3

kathyfluta on February 9, 2013 at 4:34 pm
    • A few of us have been asking for this for many years. Please feel free to join our small chorus. You never know what may happen. :D

Clive on February 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm
  8. Surprised by some of the so far winning Master Suite votes. While the free-standing tub is ooo-la-la to look at…. imagine how not-so-easy getting in & out it will be! Have had a fixed porch swing before; that's one problem – it's fixed, doesn't allow for future flexibility; chairs are easy to re-arrange and tend to squeak a whole lot less. Would love to see the Euro-style raised bath sink a winner; much easier on the back to use and to clean ;) Can you tell? I luv easy!

BeachPip on February 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm
  9. Oh I was so hoping that the nautical lights would win in the kitchen and bathroom since this is a rustic older cabin by the sound and sea. What more would this old house like to have , something to bring me back alive. Old claw freestanding bathtub, old swinging porch swing, rustic ceiling with new beams showing, and also old fashion twin dual handles for the sink. Call me crazy but country and thats way im called big country.

susan on February 10, 2013 at 3:03 pm
    • Add some shiplap siding on walls and ceiling and it is perfect.

zulumom on February 12, 2013 at 6:37 am
  10. After all that voting…..I am ready for a soak in one of those great tubs!

Megan runknrule on February 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm