Jan 31

People’s Choice: Vote for Master Bathroom Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Master Bathroom Fixtures

Today, we invite you to vote for fixtures — from the faucet and bathtub to super-cool lighting — we will install in the master bathroom. Vote now and invite friends and family to participate too.

• Posted at 10:12 am on January 1, 2013

1. Hi Bloggers, I have noticed on the Second floor of the Mega Den Roof, there are 2 openings on each side of the porch roof that haven't been boarded..They look like cutouts for skylights..I wonder if they are going to install Skylights on both sides of the second floor in the M/Den …that would bring in a lot of light on the second floor M/D…Just wondering, I keep watching for them to installed all the plywood in those areas!!!! That would be a surprise! I would rather they screened in the porch, who knows maybe they have listened to all of us who want a Screened in Porch and maybe we will get that too!!! So much to look forward to….It's like Christmas every day watching these Guys adding more things to this Wonderful little Cottage!! So glad they are having a Nice Sunny day!!! We will be getting some much needed rain this afternoon…Have a great Day!

Jennie/Florida on February 6, 2013 at 11:45 am
  2. I love this – I love all the choices so far! And of course I would LOVE to win!

earthyoga on February 6, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  3. I love this place and the free standing tub will be beautiful in the master suite. No bathroom would be complete with heated floors. Can't wait to see the rest of the options for this house.

NYDEB on February 6, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    • I meant without heated floors :)

NYDEB on February 6, 2013 at 1:36 pm
  4. In case some of you haven't noticed: NEW THREAD! :D B):p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm
  5. I don't mind a one-handled faucet, but I hope it will not be the one shown. That one looks like a mini urinal. What is that outer part for anyway?

Boo on February 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm
    • It does! :( It is also winning… UGH! I would really prefer a single lever–but that one is horrible looking IMHO! :S:x Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on February 6, 2013 at 8:32 pm
  6. Thank you all bloggers for your information and comments regarding a screened in porch and privacy on the east and west sides of the house. With so much square footage of porch area, and such great views, it would be a shame not to be able to enjoy it at sunset because of the mosquitoes!. Let's bombard them with that suggestion. Boo

Boo on February 6, 2013 at 4:02 pm
    • OOPS! Sorry Boo, I sent you a comment "below" and meant to reply under your post!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm
  7. yahoo I finally got to see the cam boy they got alot done I'm so excited can't wait to see how everything will turn out .I still can't back down from the rustic master bedroom but not to many people agree but I'm still going to post and vote the way I feel ..I think the rustic just fits better in this house but most of you do not agree lol it's ok with me both are ok I guess… so many people so many opions that is what makes this so exciting to see what gets and what does not…and talking about why they feel the way they do I myself at times have had some strong opions on options but really they have given us no wrong choices on anything we voted on would be wonderful and anyone of us would be excited happy and proud to own ,so there are really no complaints or nor there be …I love to blog with the fellow bloggers and vote with them too everyone enjoy your day ……….Kathy

kathyfluta on February 6, 2013 at 6:27 pm
    • I also like the rustic look, however I felt it might have been a bit overwhelming for the space alotted for the master suite. I believe the cottage is around 1600sq; while that is a great comfortable size, the rustic beams would have made the bedroom space feel a bit cramped.

Shelly313 on February 6, 2013 at 8:09 pm
    • It was 1600, it's now 2100 sq ft with nearly another 500 sq ft of porches. :)

I agree that the rustic makes the rooms look smaller. Clean lines is Carolina coastal (IMO).

AnniesOwn on February 6, 2013 at 11:04 pm
    • Hi Annie, thanks for the correction. For whatever reason I had the original sqft stuck in my head! :)

I also agree "Clean lines is Carolina coastal". Anything other than simple, light and airy for this beautiful coastal cottage would just detract from the focal point (ocean) and location/history/tradition (NC and coast line).

Shelly313 on February 7, 2013 at 11:04 pm
    • may be I'm just a rustic type of girl ..just alittle tired of clean line bein that is the types of home that are mainly out there meaning mot homes have clean line not to many have the rustic look except for the older homes..and I don't think anything could take away from that view however I do agree with the idea it will make the room look alittle smaller , but like I said before both are very nice and I for one would not be diapointed when the clean line master bedroom wins and it will win the way the votes are going …..no worries from me this is a sweet home thank you for your comments and talking to me …^_^<3

kathyfluta on February 9, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  8. Hi Boo, you must be new to this Blog!! Welcome….We Bloggers who have been here from the start of this Renovation or Rebuild it is now, have asked for Screened in Porches from the start.. If you're interested in reading all the blogs from the very first thread..It will give you an insight as to what has happened from the start of this Blog Cabin and you will get to know all the bloggers from their comments…Just in case you don't know how to retrieve the threads, go to the top of this page and click on Blog and then the Threads will come up, click on each title to read..For each Title and date just scroll down each Thread. You can go back to the start, when the Blog Cabin was first introduced to us…Interesting Reading if you have the time!!!
    Lot of reading but you will get caught up on everything from the start..Great people on this Blog!!! Enjoy

Jennie/Florida on February 6, 2013 at 6:47 pm
  9. How about a remote controlled gate where the driveway meets the road. This would discourage curiosity seekers as well as kids looking for a "lover's lane."

Boo on February 6, 2013 at 6:51 pm
    • Very good Idea!!!!

Jennie/Florida on February 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm
  10. Just a weird question- I was wondering how there could be approx 8,000 to 9,000 more total votes for the bathtub. When I voted- a couple of times I thought I had clicked on my choice and missed and it would not let me porceed with the next item to vote on until I completed that one. The other selections at this moment in time are running right around 211,000 – almost 213,000 total votes and I understand that people are voting and it changes sec by sec but that doesn't explain an almost 8.000- 9,000 difference in the total number votes for the tub choice… how could 8,000 more people be voting for the tub but for nothing else? Or am I missing something? I am only doing this for the 2nd time- I voted during the Ashville NC blog cabin- so don't know all the ins and outs- But this seems odd to me….

Lizzy on February 6, 2013 at 7:04 pm
    • It could be computer problems. When I logged on the other day to cast my votes it was stuck only on the ceiling choice, so I logged off and logged back on – either a glitch with the computer or internet connections, or with the voting app itself, not sure. Could explain some of the differences in numbers. It is the only time I have had that problem.

Shelly313 on February 6, 2013 at 8:14 pm
    • You are prob right Shelly. Prob a computer glitch. It was just a curious question- it was actually my husband (the stats and math guy) who pointed it out to me. He was watching over my shoulder. My hubby doesn't like when things "don't make sense". I on the other hand am just dreaming of the big "what if"…..

Lizzy on February 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    • LOL Lizzy! The numbers threw me off too until I encountered the glitch I had, but not being a math girl it didn't really bother me – haha!

I am also just dreaming of the big "what if"!!! After some of the things that have happened in my life, I am just dreaming of the day I get to finally have a house of my own where I can retreat to and focus on my writing and just reflect. And I can't help but picture my grandchildren swinging on those tree swings! What a blessing this cottage would be! And the location is perfect. My mom is from Beaufort and I have a lot of family in NC that I have not seen since I was a child, or have never met…it sure would be nice to be near family and get to know them.

Shelly313 on February 7, 2013 at 11:18 pm
    • Hi Lizzy,
      There could be many explanations for the differences in the numbers. People could not have used all the 10 votes everyday , maybe not go through the entire voting process,they could have changed their minds after reading the blogs (I know I did on several items) and some bloggers had some issues getting their votes logged at the beginning .
      This is my first BC that I have participated in as well. Definitely a learning process. LOL

Paradise68 on February 6, 2013 at 8:26 pm
    • thx for reply..just very odd that it is only the tub… No worries- no biggy just a curiousity. You can't cast a vote for one group without completing all the groups- to get to end where your votes are all counted you have to vote in each category… be it one time or ten. That is what makes it odd. Prob a computer glitch as one blogger noted. It was just a curious question- it was actually my husband (the stats and math guy) who pointed it out to me. He was watching over my shoulder. My hubby doesn't like when things "don't make sense". I on the other hand am just dreaming of the big "what if"…..

Lizzy on February 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm