Jan 29

Reframing and Roofing Process

Blog Cabin 2013 Structural Framing

Exciting things are happening at the home site. Have you checked the cabin cam? The home is starting to take shape and assume the silhouette shown in our floor plan slideshow rendering.

Today, I’d like to share new photos snapped by project manager Dylan Eastman. I can’t wait to see that cupola, casting a soft glow on the south lawn.

• Posted at 6:40 pm on January 1, 2013

1. The lowered floor on the west side in the pictures is the location of the shower and tub and will allow for the pan and plumbing.

Guest on February 6, 2013 at 3:36 am
    • No, it's where they will install the sunken tub if it wins, which it's not. The drawings show the tub, not shower, is there.

Ally on February 9, 2013 at 10:58 am
    • The entire area from the original wall area to the new outer wall area is lowered, but only about 8 inches. That is the area that shows the shower (closest to the original wall) and the tub (closest to the outer wall).

Guest on February 15, 2013 at 4:41 am
  2. Surprised the building code allows for floor framing 24" on center rather than 16". Anybody know subfloor requirements to eliminate sag with the 24" joist spacing?

Guest on February 6, 2013 at 3:39 am
    • That was the 'before' layout. The new is 16 on center.:)

AnniesOwn on February 9, 2013 at 10:57 am
    • Nope: "New second-floor joists are 11 7/8" deep, spaced 24" on center and 8' above finished floor. These replace the former ceiling joists turned floor joists that were roughly 5" deep, spaced up to 36" on center and 7' above finished floor. " (Caption from photo 8/15)

Guest on February 15, 2013 at 4:35 am
  3. I am in such awe of this house, how it is coming along so beautifully, and the location!!! I eagerly log on every morning just to see the transformation come to life! Every day I notice something new (aside from the cottage's progress) – just yesterday I noticed the two swings on the tree branch and immediately pictured my grandchildren swinging side-by-side! I can't imagine a better place to be! For years I have longed to live by the ocean, to experience such peace and tranquility, to have my own little slice of paradise to hang my hammock and just reflect on life and focus on my writing. I hope to someday publish a book or two, and I think how wonderful and inspiring it would be to sit on this porch with this gorgeous view, a glass of sweet tea and my journals and just write. The very thought brings tears to my eyes! I pan the camera towards the ocean and I check the weather, and I can picture myself sitting on the dock listening to the water lapping against the shore and the birds calling out to one another. I can now feel the ocean breeze against my skin, and I can smell the fresh air purifying my lungs.

Shelly313 on February 6, 2013 at 12:19 pm
  4. I am so thankful to the generations of Robinsons who have tended to this property, sad to see it leave their family's possession, but immensely grateful for the opportunity that lies ahead to possibly be chosen as the new future owner of such an amazing blessing of a gift of home. This is one blessing I know I would not take for granted. I pray the guys continue to be safe as they continue with their work, and I hope they take moments out of their day to take in the beautiful sights and sounds around them!

Shelly313 on February 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm
  5. Love to watch the whole process!

Megan runknrule on February 10, 2013 at 2:24 pm
  6. wow great image! looks like things are coming alon nicely!

Roofing Sheffield on February 13, 2013 at 6:41 am
  7. Great post. I have been doing research on alternative heating for a paper that I am writing. This was very interesting and helpful. Thanks so much for sharing.

lauren on February 27, 2013 at 11:56 am
  8. South Hills Builders are extremely proud of their reputation. They are more than qualified to work on our house and service all of your roofing needs!

South Hills Builders on March 26, 2013 at 4:58 pm
  9. Looks like perfect structure, I hope it will be a lovely house when it will be complete, Do show your completed house pictuers.

Liquid Roof on June 6, 2013 at 4:42 am
  10. I have been looking for Oklahoma City roofers because my roof got a little dinged up during a recent storm. Is there anything that I would need to know before taking the plunge? I am due for some repairs.

jcarter5752 on June 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm