Jan 18

Friday Construction Update

Blog Cabin 2013 Reconstructed Staircase

According to project manager Dylan Eastman, the construction crew at the Blog Cabin 2013 home site completed wall framing and sheathing, poured footings for the porch and began deck framing and interior stair construction this week.

Next week, the team will focus on main roof framing, a task that will transform this charming little cabin.

• Posted at 9:00 am on January 1, 2013

1. Ok, now the stairs are less like treehouse stairs!

Megan runknrule on February 10, 2013 at 2:33 pm
  2. I love the new staircase, but am rather fascinated by the old stairs. I have never seen stairs like that and I think they would be a neat idea for the entrance to a kid's hideaway or something like that..;)

densie66 on February 12, 2013 at 8:10 am
  3. I must be getting old! I look for the stairs with a "turn". The original looks like treehouse steps! :$

Jen_in_nc on February 20, 2013 at 9:40 pm
  4. The place looks like it's coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing what the finished house looks like.

Colin Braddock on March 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm
  5. I really like that they are using so much material from the original house in the renovations. I really like the old support posts they are making into tables and such. Keep up the good work.

inanaclay on April 3, 2013 at 12:56 am