Jan 17

People’s Choice: Vote for Kitchen Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Kitchen Vote

Greetings!

Today, I invite you to vote for the kitchen floor plan, decorative accessories, flooring and more.
This is your chance to define what Blog Cabin’s cooking space will look and feel like. Remember, you can vote up to 10 times per day. And please invite your friends and family to participate!

• Posted at 11:11 am on January 1, 2013

1. need instant hot water tap..refrigerator with large bottom freeezer

elizabeth draper on January 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm
  2. do not like that split sink, so many homes that we are looking at for our retirement n NC have that kind of sink in the kitchen…I hate it, so glad that the apron one is ahead.

maria_w_in_nj on January 18, 2013 at 6:31 pm
  3. I am fairly new to Blog Cabin blogging. I did it a tiny bit with the Ashville NC cabin- but haven't since then. I was just wondering about the floor plan- I guess there was an earlier one and now there is this final one. My question- if I am seeing this correctly- is the kitchen buried in the center of the house? Does it have any view of the water at all? I hope the answer is yes- I grew up in lake communities. I know it was a long time ago-and no I will not say how long ago- :) but no one would have ever build a house with a kitchen that had no view of the water and/or a window that could be opened for the wonderful breeze. Hopefully I am missing something. Thanks.

Lizzy on January 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm
    • Yes, there is a view of the water through the entry doors onto the surround deck. I do not know where people get the idea that this kitchen is buried in the dark. This home has a very open concept, more than most people realize. Some people cannot visualize what the end product will look like. This will be one fantastic home, when finished. Just be patient, and let the house grow and grow. :) It will not take much convincing to make me live there. :) :)

Woodworker from MN on January 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm
    • It will be but that kitchen is quite small. I cannot see two cooks working at the same time because of the u shape. Opening it to the stairs(see previous blogs) would change that it would even allow a mini rolling cart island in the middle

zulumom on January 19, 2013 at 8:06 am
  4. Thank you for the great choices! I am so excited! The new home is going to be fabulous!

Mindy_Lou on January 18, 2013 at 9:14 pm
  5. I love reading the blog because it gives you many differentpros and cons that could arise, that one might not think of on their own.

ssjrmr66 on January 18, 2013 at 11:54 pm
  6. I had fun voting for the kitchen options, it's great that Blog Cabin gives bloggers the opportunity!
    I voted for the fixed island, I thought I would be more stable with people who have my kind of knife skills and and a blender that dances around my counter- while in use. :)
    I HAD to vote for the tobacco finish flooring- this is in North Carolina, Tobacco Road- Blue Devils versus Tarheels! And Wolfpack if you insist.
    I prefer the subway tile, I like a light colored back splash. It's a classic, won't go out of style and if you want to change the paint color, it's easier with a neutral back ground.
    I love the look of the apron sink but I don't thinks it's practical if it's the only sink in the kitchen, we had one in the house I grew up in- it's charming but difficult to use for food prep and wash dishes and rinse things in the sink at the same time. Double sinks are much more functional.
    I voted for the shell chandelier, I thought it looked like something made from found objects from day trips to local beaches.
    I'm not that excited by the cabinet choices but I think the shaker cabinet would be better, depending on the color and the knobs/drawer pulls they choose.

Lia_M on January 18, 2013 at 11:59 pm
    • SHAker for me too

Bree on January 22, 2013 at 5:16 am
  7. Still looking at the before pics in awww of the entire house and property. I love the country look and it just seems soooooo peaceful. Nice quiet place to relax and go fishing whenever you feel like it. Yes that is the best of the best! Someone will have their own little paradise! What a beautiful place to live!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on January 19, 2013 at 12:31 am
  8. I voted for the maple floor because it will last forever, it does have a coastal look, and I can't stand how scraped floors feel on bare feet! Love the multicolored backsplash –it, too, looks like it belongs at the beach.

Sherdi114 on January 19, 2013 at 12:32 am
  9. It looks like we are going to have a microwave shelf; I was hoping they would put a microwave/fan combination to save space.

zulumom on January 19, 2013 at 10:21 am
    • They have not installed a microwave in the past , at least 2-3 Blog cabins. Anyone recall before that?B):S Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on January 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm
    • WIsh they do a microwave under the cabinet mount ..
      I dont like seeing a microwave out in the middle of plain view. Old houses back then neverhad them.. I personally dont have one either..

Bree on January 22, 2013 at 5:17 am
  10. Really would love some maple flooring,it is beautiful as well as traditinal .I also like natural light in the bathroom but some privacy shades would be nice, especially since I am very modest . Everything else I honestle <3 . You always pull it so beautifully together .

PatsyQ56 on January 19, 2013 at 2:46 pm