Jan 3

Vote Now: People’s Choice Round One

People's Choice Vote

Today marks the beginning of the People’s Choice portion of our Blog Cabin 2013 coverage. We invite you to help us select the paint color palette, siding style and roofing material. Vote up to 10 times per day for building materials and encourage others to participate too!

Once you vote, take time to examine our “after” floor plan slideshow, which features renderings of the renovated home, elevations and first and second floor floor plans. We’re making major changes, while maintaining the Southern charm of this historic home. Enjoy and please post your thoughts below.

• Posted at 10:15 am on January 1, 2013

1. I love natural light! I hope there are going to be windows in the rooms where we spend the majority of our time.

Diane on January 29, 2013 at 9:18 pm
  2. Hey, Blogcabineers,
    This is my first year voting on the Blog Cabin. But, what I want to know is – in regard to the kitchen island – why would anyone choose a fixed island, which means, to NOT have versatility over HAVING versatility, ie, anything on wheels that is able to be moved here or there, or out of the way, is a GOOD thing!

rusty on January 29, 2013 at 9:37 pm
  3. it would be nice to see all american made appliances the retro ones from BIG CHILL, they look great and come in all kinds of colors. …lets do it right, keep it made in america and keep it retro

ellie on January 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm
  4. I love natural light! I hope there are going to be windows in the rooms where we spend the majority of our time.

Diane on February 1, 2013 at 11:32 pm
  5. I ove the floor plan!

Diane on February 7, 2013 at 1:07 am
  6. Hello Bloggers…here are links that I thought you all would be interested in: http://moreheadcity.insiderinfo.us/home/ http://www.blackbeardthepirate.com/

dotdinero on February 25, 2013 at 1:24 pm
    • These 2 links give you info about surrounding areas including Atlantic Beach and a little bit of pirate history of the Moorehead CIty area….:D

dotdinero on February 25, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    • I am going to correct myself, Queen Anne's Revenge was Blackbeard's & found in Beaufort, NC. I believe Blackbeard came from Bath, NC. Anyway, he frequented sailing from Topsail Island, NC up north to Beaufort & Moorehead City, NC area. Legend has it that there is buried or hidden treasure from his plundering somewhere on the coast. Ahoy, Mateys!!!!:@

dotdinero on February 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm
  7. Good to see that there's enough storage places in the house. It would ruin the overall design if there was a lot of clutter scattered everywhere.

Steve Morales on March 19, 2013 at 11:05 pm
  8. I am glad to read your article.
    Thanks for the share.

Dia on June 3, 2013 at 7:30 am
  9. This setting so perfect! I love this house – there's nothing I would change. And our last name is Robinson, so we could just keep the family name going. This is the only blog cabin my husband actually agrees to pick up stakes and move to!. Let's keep the Robinson name alive!!

The Robinsons on June 23, 2013 at 9:55 am
  10. i love this open kitcvhen design. The green color wall is quite relaxing and refreshing.

Dream Bedrooms on November 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm