Jan 3

Vote Now: People’s Choice Round One

People's Choice Vote

Today marks the beginning of the People’s Choice portion of our Blog Cabin 2013 coverage. We invite you to help us select the paint color palette, siding style and roofing material. Vote up to 10 times per day for building materials and encourage others to participate too!

Once you vote, take time to examine our “after” floor plan slideshow, which features renderings of the renovated home, elevations and first and second floor floor plans. We’re making major changes, while maintaining the Southern charm of this historic home. Enjoy and please post your thoughts below.

• Posted at 10:15 am on January 1, 2013

1. It appears that a large part of the house is dedicated to the staircase. When do the Blog Cabin TV shows air?

Mamie on January 15, 2013 at 10:39 am
  2. OK round one is just about over!!!!! wooohooooo Waiting patiently for round two to begin!!! Come on Jan 17th!!!!

Rebecca on January 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm
  3. I love how the photos of the house are coming together. The choices of colors for the exterior and the coastal colors for the interior are going to a beautiful addition to the area. Great job DIY!

Katherine A. on January 15, 2013 at 11:34 pm
  4. Mary this is really exciting. Selecting a master bedroom and kitchen cabinets color is really exciting. I love bedroom and kitchen cabinets texture which is prefect for every home. This designs are most beautiful and delightful this year and everyone want to be in their home.

DIY Kitchen Cabinets on January 16, 2013 at 1:58 am
  5. I've himmed and hawed over the front porch. Normally I like an open porch, but if the bugs are as bad as everyone says they are, then a screened porch seems the way to go. Are the mosquitos really bad on the coast? I just assumed they were not because of the salt water.

nmdeman on January 18, 2013 at 2:54 pm
  6. Evrything is starting to fall into place and is starting to look real good.
    I am starting to feel like I am already the winner and that I am ready to move in, but I think that everyone is thinking the same thing and I don't blame them , not one bit.

Eln\mer Rhoten on January 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm
  7. keep it simple and open.

mart blanton on January 21, 2013 at 11:22 am
  8. THE PROCEDURE FOR ENTERING THIS DRAWING IS A BIT CONFUSING, UNLIKE PREVIOUS VENTURES
    PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO ENTER

VALENTINE PESCATORE on January 21, 2013 at 10:48 pm
    • Can we enter the drawing yet? I must have missed something.

Mamie on January 22, 2013 at 12:52 pm
    • It is not time; first they build it. We vote on selections for the house as they build. When it is finished you enter to win it.

zulumom on January 25, 2013 at 5:24 pm
  9. Where did all the bloggers go?

Mamie on January 24, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    • To the most recent threads

zulumom on January 25, 2013 at 5:23 pm
  10. I'm a first timer – this is sooooooo exciting to have a part in selecting all the "stuff" for MY new home right here in the south – so I won't have to move back up north!!!! Love the farmhouse sink! So far everybody is selecting all the things I like- thanks !

Carol Kay on January 27, 2013 at 6:25 pm