Jan 3

Vote Now: People’s Choice Round One

People's Choice Vote

Today marks the beginning of the People’s Choice portion of our Blog Cabin 2013 coverage. We invite you to help us select the paint color palette, siding style and roofing material. Vote up to 10 times per day for building materials and encourage others to participate too!

Once you vote, take time to examine our “after” floor plan slideshow, which features renderings of the renovated home, elevations and first and second floor floor plans. We’re making major changes, while maintaining the Southern charm of this historic home. Enjoy and please post your thoughts below.

• Posted at 10:15 am on January 1, 2013

1. I just love this kitchen. I cant wait to make a new england clam boil and have family and friends over!!!

beverlyjean55 on January 11, 2013 at 2:11 am
  2. " What a great professional work you are doing guys!!! I would be thrilled to live in such a 'spa house'. Keep up the awesome job!!!

jane122 on January 11, 2013 at 1:28 pm
  3. I am so ready to move in. Call me

Jo-Ann Wolsky on January 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm
  4. I think we all can find ourselves day dreaming about living in the beautiful home. I would definately live in this home and not use it as a vacation home. To not have to pay the outrageous amount I pay right now to live where I live would be great and I would be able to retire then. I can't now because I wouldn't be able to afford it but without having to pay what I pay now, yes I can and actually be able to have the surgery I need. I would give anything to be able to have this home. I wish everyone the best of luck because I am sure we all have our own issues and reasons we want to live here. Not to mention what a beautiful place to live. It looks like your own little piece of paradise.

Rebecca on January 11, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    • I think that if I could find a way to pay for the initial tax and yearly costs (maintenance and taxes) I would like to keep it as a vacation home (maybe rent it part of the summer) and then move there in a few years at retirement. I would not think there is a lot of jobs opportunities for teachers around there so it would have to wait.

zulumom on January 12, 2013 at 6:40 am
  5. new to all this but its sounds like its going to be a lot of fun.

susan bedard on January 11, 2013 at 8:14 pm
    • You're right about that. Every round of voting is anticipated by millions of people, I'm sure.

nmdeman on January 14, 2013 at 9:24 am
  6. i WAS WONDERING WHEN THIS WAS COMING. vOTED ONCE & LOVE THE FLOOR PLANS.

CATHY on January 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm
  7. Doing my duty by voting 10X/day! Two of my choices are in the lead, but still hoping that the rough-sawn cream colored will start to make some progress. But like I said before, whatever is chosen will be nice because all of the options are great.

nmdeman on January 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    • I like the creamy yellow also, something about a yellowish house makes me happy.

zulumom on January 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    • I agree. It is a comforting color, and with the Timberline shingles, it really makes a nice contrast.

nmdeman on January 13, 2013 at 1:20 pm
  8. Love this…but this is bug country…much protection from the bugs. Here we go!

fewrae on January 12, 2013 at 4:39 pm
  9. I love the new flor plans. You know the outside looks better than mine. Just moved into a 1950's house on a double lot but there is nothing in it. We sure could use the awesome yard crashes.

Maureen on January 12, 2013 at 11:09 pm
  10. Only a few more days left for voting on this round. I'm remaining true to the cream-colored siding, but it doesn't look like it's going to make it. Oh well, it will still look fabulous. It'll be a treat to see what the next round of voting has in store.

nmdeman on January 14, 2013 at 9:16 am