Dec 21

Something Old Attached to Something New

Blog Cabin 2013 original first floor

Wondering where the original first floor ends and additions begin? Project manager Dylan Eastman doctored photos to show you just that. And don’t worry: We’ve got plans for that battered dock!

• Posted at 12:00 pm on December 12, 2012

1. Boy, I don't know if I can pull myself away from watching the cabin cam today. Looks like they are really pulling down all the windows and doors. I hope the cabin will keep standing.

vicki_in_Utah on December 31, 2012 at 10:47 am
  2. Good "New Years Eve" Morning to all…It's 35 degrees at the Cottage and the guys must have gotten an early start, they have already stripped the shingle siding off the exterior walls and cleaning up…It's nice and sunny today, I wonder what they will do next…Soon we will get the revised Floor Plans, I can't wait to see what they are adding to the Cottage…
    I, as well as other bloggers would like to see them do something to the foundation to make it look more Coastal instead of formal. The red brick is a good solid foundation but not the looks for a Coastal Cottage, maybe they are adding a finish on the brick, I hope so, if not, I suggested to someone maybe they could white wash the red brick to look more weathered and coastal…Just a thought! Back to the Camera Cam!!!

Jennie/Florida on December 31, 2012 at 10:49 am
    • Hi Jennie,
      At 8:17 EST they were at work this morning! They seem to have quit for lunch around 11:30. There has also been a portable potty added this morning and the Andrew Roby/coastal trailer has left the scene today.
      Now we have a better view of the Simmons Construction trailer! I captured a great picture this morning looking in the front at the "jump".

grammagail on December 31, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    • I curious to know what a "jump" is!!

Jennie/Florida on December 31, 2012 at 2:44 pm
    • If you go to the oictures of the cottage you will see a picture of the steep stairs leading to the second floor and a sign saying "The jump". I think it was in an early post from Alicia she gave a description of how it got its name. It was in the first or second thread. Is there a search for the blog to find things that went on in previous threads?

grammagail on December 31, 2012 at 5:48 pm
    • Yes, I would go to the top of this page and go to Blog.That will give you all the Threads. Scan down each Thread til you get to the Thread you are looking for..click on theTitle..Then it's searching for the statement you're looking for…good luck!!!

Jennie/Florida on December 31, 2012 at 6:26 pm
  3. Happy New Years Eve to everyone! Be safe and please don't drink and drive. Wishing everyone the best for 2013 and many more years to come. I checked out the cam this morning and was shocked to actually see the guys hard at work on New Years eve! Now that's dedication. Be safe out there guys!

Rebecca on December 31, 2012 at 11:30 am
    • All the best to you too, Rebecca ! Happy New Year to the crew working in the cold today !

LLColeman on January 1, 2013 at 5:44 am
    • Thanks LLColeman, wishing you the best in 2013 and many more years to come!

Rebecca on January 4, 2013 at 1:43 am
  4. There are lots of blocks and bricks remaining at the site. Maybe these will be the foundation of the entrance porch or steps.

Sally on December 31, 2012 at 11:31 am
    • Sally I think you are right. I wanted a beachy rustic reno, but I've resigned myself to expect a formal looking home when everything is finished.
      You know what goes well with a formal red brick exterior? Painted sheetrock walls.

I don't think we'll see much of the original whitewash cladding used on the interior walls in the end, sadly.

Mel on January 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm
  5. I am so excited about 2013 Blog Cabin! Looking forward to reading all the posts! Happy New Year All!

MipiMissy on December 31, 2012 at 3:46 pm
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! Don't party too hearty except for you pirates out there. Pass the grog!

grammagail on December 31, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    • Raising a tankard to you, grammagail …( I actually do not drink, but my pirate alter-ego does, LOL)

LLColeman on January 1, 2013 at 2:05 am
  7. I wish Everyone Good Health, Wealth and Happiness for 2013 and Hope All Your Dreams come true!
    "Happy New Year" to all……Be Safe this New Years Eve!

OH, I also wish you Happy Blogging during this next Journey, Remodeling the Beach Cottage by the Sea!!
    Mary and Mr. Eastman should turn up Soon….Can't wait to get started….Love to all….See you next Year!!!

Jennie/Florida on December 31, 2012 at 6:09 pm
    • Jennie, the best year ever to you and yours ! <3

LLColeman on January 1, 2013 at 2:03 am
    • Thank you LL, wouldn't that be great…We all have good times and bad times, but most of the time, the good out weighs the bad. Having a wonderful Family gets us through and Thank God above!!!

Jennie/Florida on January 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm
  8. <3To All My Dear DIY Blog Cabin Bloggie Friends~ God's Blessings upon One and All Families Represented on this Blog as well as on the DIY /Scripps Network Family! Here's wishing one and all a wonderful, happy, healthy, prosperous New Year~filled with joys and laughter, surprises and enlightenment, and precious moments to remember!!! Thank you all for making my 2012 special, full of giggles and wonderful warm smiles! Here's the Celtic version of the New Year's Favorite: Lift a glass and sing along!
    http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10046934 Love Always, Kitty <3

DwnSoDwnEaster on December 31, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    • Beautiful ! Just lie you, our dear friend ! All good things and miracles sent your way. <3

LLColeman on January 1, 2013 at 2:03 am
    • Thank you, sweet Friend! I'll work hard, eat right, follow doctor's orders, lean on my Lord, and do my best–and be most thankful for all those prayers and kind wishes! God Bless You One and All! Lovingly Always, Kitty ^_^:)<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on January 2, 2013 at 1:36 am
    • So very lovely Kitty, thank you. Sending lots of love and prayers your way dear friend.<3<3

SID on January 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    • Thank you, Sid! Your love and prayers are felt and so appreciated Have a wonderful 2013! Love, KittyxD<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on January 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    • I wish you all the best in 2013 and many more to come! God Bless!!!

Rebecca on January 4, 2013 at 1:09 am
  9. Happy New Year to all DIY bloggie Friends….That includes you BlognBob….miss you!….just incase your lurking here somewhere. May you and your family have a wonderful New Year with all Good Things!!! :-) Bob You contributed so much energy, laughter :-) , and knowledge here on the DIY blog in all the past years. I miss that. …Clive, Happy New Year to You and your family my friend, may you explore new things with joy and laughter! with a sense of learning to share with others. To Mary from Texas and all the oldies but goodies bloggies that are not here. Happy New Year to you, may God bless you all. :-)

Heading South on January 1, 2013 at 9:21 am
    • I miss Kathy AKA Sherlock, she always came up with great stuff. Happy new year to all our bloggie friends.

vicki_in_Utah on January 1, 2013 at 9:25 am
    • Yes Vicki Kathy AKA Sherlock, too…. I miss them all. There are too many to mention. I learned so much from everyone! All the Bloggies that are here now are wonderful too! :-) Wishing you a Happy New Year too Vickie :-) may your new year bring you all of the Best! :-)

Heading South on January 1, 2013 at 10:09 am
    • We do have a good group this year too.

vicki_in_Utah on January 1, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    • I so agree with you, Vicki! This should be an especially fun year. I just hope the weather patterns will be kinder to Bloggies across America, such as you and others who were affected by the drought, forest fires, floods, gosh! So many Bloggies hurting last year! Work situations… Oh, God, may this be a better year for everyone, I pray!!! Kitty <3 <3 <3

DwnSoDwnEaster on January 1, 2013 at 11:53 pm
    • Best wishes for 2013 and many more years to come!

Rebecca on January 4, 2013 at 1:11 am
  10. Boy what a dedicated group at the BC, on the Cabin Cam this morning, they are working hard, getting the rest of the shingles down. Even on a holiday..thanks guys.

vicki_in_Utah on January 1, 2013 at 9:26 am
    • I think they are removing the roof too. I saw two or three guys up there working. Before long, we will have higher ceiling and a new roof! :-) This cottage is going to be great!

Heading South on January 1, 2013 at 10:11 am
    • You can see the inside now with out the doors, boy it sure looks bare in there.

vicki_in_Utah on January 1, 2013 at 1:38 pm