Dec 21

Something Old Attached to Something New

Blog Cabin 2013 original first floor

Wondering where the original first floor ends and additions begin? Project manager Dylan Eastman doctored photos to show you just that. And don’t worry: We’ve got plans for that battered dock!

• Posted at 12:00 pm on December 12, 2012

1. DIY you've done a wonderful job in locating this area and right by the water as well. From what I've seen so far there is quite a lot of work to get this up running again as a great place to get away to. The house does most definity need enlarging and put together right this time and also the senery is really nice but is going to be really nice when the dock area is completed and I'm certain that you'll be glad when this job is done.

I really love watching you take something that needs a lot of work and turning it into a great place to get away from everything and enjoying being way. Please do give us lots of photos and keep me posted as to what's next in the renovations.

Thank you, it's looking good already.
    mrsopolka

SharonOpolka on December 24, 2012 at 11:15 am
  2. Merry Christmas everyone!

Hazelnut Deb on December 24, 2012 at 11:46 am
    • Merry Christmas, Deb!

SID on December 24, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    • I was not online in time to return the good wishes, Deb… hugs to you, <3

LLColeman on December 29, 2012 at 5:39 am
  3. Merry Christmas ALL

A really cute story- my friend who recently moved into the newly built home with the touch sensitive kitchen faucet- has disconnected it. It seems that the cat figured out how to trigger the tap. He thinks water faucets are toys……She keeps saying $850 for a cat toy?

Nebraska on December 24, 2012 at 1:27 pm
    • I can just picture the cat and the faucet,,,,, oh,wait I was imagining my younger cat in the role of your friend's cat; yep, I'll never own one of those fancy faucets.

DGustaf on December 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm
    • Nebraska, thanks for sharing another funny story! Having two cats myself that sure purr-suaded me against that kitchen update! Merry Christmas!

SID on December 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    • LOL! I could never have one of those faucets, either. My cat Molly, (also my avatar) only drinks water from the faucet. I could see her burning up the pump or running the well dry!xD

Merry Christmas to you also.

Dghawk4 on December 24, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    • Somebody asked me ahow she got it so cheap- a brother in law is a plumber and they got most of the items for the house at cost. The only items not was the luxury set of fixtures they got from the Habitat Restore. And that was a $5K set for $500.

Nebraska on December 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    • Happy Holidays to you, Charlotte, as well as Don, Dghawk and SID !

LLColeman on December 29, 2012 at 5:41 am
  4. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!

With Love and Best Wishes for Joy, Good Health, and all Good Things from Above in 2013 and Always!

May ONE from our Bloggie Family WIN THIS BLOG CABIN –That is my Christmas Wish! Love, Kitty<3<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on December 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm
    • Merry Christmas to you too, Kitty, also good cheer, much love and good health to you in the new year! Hugs, Sid<3

SID on December 24, 2012 at 5:19 pm
    • Kitty, Thank you for your kind, caring words and wisdom. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2013. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Becky :) <3

bythebaydreamer on December 25, 2012 at 1:39 am
    • Becky, You are SO thoughtful and sweet to me and I appreciate your kind encouragement beyond expression! Thank You! Have a Wonderful, Healthy, Blessed, Happy and Prosperous New Year! xD:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    • <3 <3 <3 <3

LLColeman on December 28, 2012 at 5:54 am
    • ((<3<3 Back at Ya LL!<3<3)) Happy New Year To ALL! Love, Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on December 28, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    • Happy New Year Kitty!

StellaF on January 3, 2013 at 2:42 am
    • What wonderful history. I know Blog Cabin will repurpose, reuse, restore and save so much that is truly wonderful about this place I was SO EXCITED to see the wonderful things just inside the house that would lend their selves to maintaining the history and integrity of such a historic piece of property. Won't someone (maybe me!) be honored to keep this property for generations forward.

Cat on January 3, 2013 at 4:19 pm
  5. Wishing everyone a Christmas filled with peace, joy and love. And may I second Kitty's wish for a blogger to win the cabin in 2013!

SID on December 24, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    • <3

LLColeman on December 29, 2012 at 5:41 am
  6. Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day! HO, HO, HO!!!!

MGYinSC on December 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm
  7. And I heard him exclaim ere he drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

Dghawk4 on December 24, 2012 at 11:20 pm
    • Glad you are still on CBW's blog…she is just too much ! Happy Holidays ! <3

LLColeman on December 29, 2012 at 5:43 am
  8. I can only imagine what plans you have in store! It is funny when you start to take things apart so you can rebuild them what the first version really looked like. I can image there were MANY changes, additions and changes to changes were made since the 1800's! It also makes you see if the person who did it really knew what they were doing or just slapping it together. I can not wait for the unvailing of the new design layout.

Rebecca on December 25, 2012 at 1:16 am
  9. I would like to wish the entire DIY team and their families a happy holiday and a wish for bigger, brighter and better new year than the years that have past! Be safe and take care!

Rebecca on December 25, 2012 at 1:19 am
  10. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! May you take time to ponder the Christ child who is Jesus, and may He fill you and your families with His Peace and Joy! Christmas blessings to all! :-)

Heading South on December 25, 2012 at 10:13 am
    • Thank you, Heading South! The Reason for the Season IS my PEACE. Hope You and All Bloggies and DIY Folks had a Wonderful Christmas Day with Loved Ones and made Special Memories too! It is a unique year for me as we contemplate our blessings, relish the fact of eternal joys ahead, and thank God for all things. I want all my Bloggie Friends to know how thankful I am for each and every one of YOU!;)xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on December 25, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    • Thank you Kitty :-) amen! you are so so right….eternal Joys ahead. Now it's time to wish all the bloggies and very Happy New Year 2013!!!!! May we all draw closer to God and seek Him in all things for the new year……HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-)

Heading South on December 26, 2012 at 10:43 am