Dec 21

Something Old Attached to Something New

Blog Cabin 2013 original first floor

Wondering where the original first floor ends and additions begin? Project manager Dylan Eastman doctored photos to show you just that. And don’t worry: We’ve got plans for that battered dock!

• Posted at 12:00 pm on December 12, 2012

1. AWESOME!!!! Ready to vote!!!! Looks like some interesting choices to look at!!! Fun stuff!!!! :)

Lorrie on January 3, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    • I think this is my favorite part, the voting and seeing what types of materials they are using. Plus the fact that you can see the chart on the calculated votes.

Rebecca on January 6, 2013 at 9:37 am
  2. Well looks like they have taken off the entire back side of the house and are ready to start reframing. I wonder since they are having to rebuild part of the house if they are going to add additional space? I would love to see a nice fishing pier and boat dock when they redo do that part. I tell you this is just going to be such a beautiful dream house.<3

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    • I was very sad to see that they had ripped so much out and off of the house. I was thrown when I saw they had ripped the porches and kitchen off of the house with pictures still hanging on the wall. In one of the demolition photos, there is a door space open with pictures still on the wall, making me wonder if the furniture was even removed from the property before destruction. I must say I am very pleased with the new floor plan and can see easily why they have made the choices that they have. However, I must ask: Are they going to replace the fireplaces? The Carolinas are such an area that a foggy seaside morning might need a warm fire and a cup of Coffee, even if the fire was gas generated. The new floor plans don't show a fireplace and this house used to have a fireplace!

wildhairedchild on January 6, 2013 at 3:31 am
    • Well I am sure they took the boards out that they had to due to safety and to ensure the house is done correctly. They probably took out the furniture and things that they will use and just tossed what they didn't want (the pictures you saw in the trash pile). Who knows some of the pictures might have had damage on them also (cracks, water damage, etc). You never know. I know from watching the shows that they do try to save what they can. I mean you have to think it is less costly if they do use what they can. I agree with the fire place and I do believe there will be one but it will probably be one of the newer more efficient ones and safer.

Rebecca on January 6, 2013 at 9:35 am
  3. OMG it is soooooo beautiful!!!!! Design team you are AMAZING!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this house!!! :*:*:*:*<3<3<3<3<3 Honestly I have never seen a more beautiful design!!!!

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    • This IS a beautiful design! No offense, Rebecca, but I also hope I get to win it as well! It is a wonderful location! It is fabulous that they are going to salvage that great dock too.

wildhairedchild on January 6, 2013 at 3:35 am
    • No offense taken! lol Someone has to win, right. Honestly there are so many people that do want this home I really don't think I have a chance but hey it doesn't hurt to try right? ;) Who ever wins this home will be very lucky and blessed. Good luck wildhairedchild! <3

Rebecca on January 6, 2013 at 9:28 am
  4. I think the design team have really out done themselves with this one!!!! Did I say I want this yet??? lol I know it is not the "I want this" program but I WANT THIS SOOOO BAD. I am handicapped and should retire right now but I can't because of what I have to pay where I live right now. If I had this home I would be able to retire and live a less stressful life. Who ever gets this home I hope you enjoy every inch of it. It is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen. To me this would be a blessing and a dream come true. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 7:28 pm
  5. I am in agreement about the small elevator, if you want to think about the elderly and disabled.

Rhonda Price on January 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm
  6. One thing that I really like is that the laundry room is on the first floor. I am one that has problems going up and down stairs and I am sure that many others have the same problems as me.

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 10:43 pm
  7. The balcony on the 2nd floor is awesome as well. You will really be able to look out to the ocean in the morning and maybe just sit, sip a cup of hot tea and enjoy nature at it's best! Wow I am still in awwww of this house!

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 11:03 pm
  8. In reply to DebiKaye ..I actually think it is amazing to watch the transformation from what it is to what it can be. I happen to love history and this home clearly has a history in this community and with a family. That alone is worth rebuilding. Personally in watching the DIY Network I have been able to fix things will little to no money and work with what I have. This is a blessing for people who do not have the means to just throw things out and buy new…..

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 11:16 pm
  9. I hope a new dock goes in that the old boards end up as a feature wall in the media room! Gotta get this right for my new weekend home! :)

Lia_M on January 4, 2013 at 7:10 pm
  10. I think in my first life I was a mermaid, I love the water.

Rhonda Price on January 5, 2013 at 12:23 am