Dec 21

Something Old Attached to Something New

Blog Cabin 2013 original first floor

Wondering where the original first floor ends and additions begin? Project manager Dylan Eastman doctored photos to show you just that. And don’t worry: We’ve got plans for that battered dock!

• Posted at 12:00 pm on December 12, 2012

1. any new floor plans yet?

shylo57 on January 2, 2013 at 12:09 pm
  2. Now it is the New Year so let's get on with the reno. Love the area of the cabin and love the interior as it was. Sure hope they keep to the beach cottage feel of the cabin! Love all the old antiques too! Do they come with the house? Just wondering.

lesjars on January 2, 2013 at 12:35 pm
  3. It's been a while since I've blogged on the site. Exactly why are they rebuilding a house with OBVIOUS structural issues instead of just clearing the site and building a new house like they did for the first 5 (?) years of this show? Ever since the fiasco in NC a couple of years ago it seems like the show has changed almost completely. Seems like they should rename it "blog-rebuild" instead of blogcabin.

DebiKaye on January 2, 2013 at 4:26 pm
    • The last three (not counting 2013) have been BR blog remodel, only the first 3 were real Blog Cabins new builds. But I think this one was in worse shape then they thought, so it is pretty much a re build. IMO Not much is left of the original house. .

vicki_in_Utah on January 2, 2013 at 4:52 pm
    • There could be grandfathering issues being on the shore. I know here in Maine you must leave one wall and the chimney to consider it grandfathered and not a new build. A new build requires a whole new set of permits and would disallow several setbacks. I have no idea what the grandfathering clauses are in NC.

grammagail on January 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm
    • I actually think it is amazing to watch the transformation from what it is to what it can be. I happen to love history and this home clearly has a history in this community and with a family. That alone is worth rebuilding. Personally in watching the DIY Network I have been able to fix things will little to no money and work with what I have. This is a blessing for people who do not have the means to just throw things out and buy new.

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 11:15 pm
  4. A nice fishing deck with wooden benches at the end of the weathered old dock would be great! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it. It's funny how as you start to take the home down to bare bones to rebuild it all the different add on's and things that start to appear right before your very eyes. You start to see the many many years of history. If only the walls could talk. I love it! You couldn't have found a better home to remodel. ;)

Rebecca on January 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm
  5. Really excited to see what they do with the dock…..that was the first thing that caught my eye…just cant help but wonder how much fun was spent on that dock. It's great that they are going to find a way to keep it and work it in.

neeckster2003 on January 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm
    • I hope they make it a fishing pier and a boat dock as well. That would be really nice.

Rebecca on January 5, 2013 at 12:05 am
  6. Can't wait to see the updated blueprints for this coastal treasure. A tent on this lot would be a coastal retreat! :) <3

bythebaydreamer on January 3, 2013 at 1:15 am
  7. New Thread we have been waiting for is here…Yeah

Jennie/Florida on January 3, 2013 at 10:30 am
  8. Just looked at the cam and I see the guys are hard at work at usual! wooo hoooo! It won't be long now for things to really start taking shape as long as the weather holds up. Stay safe guys!

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 10:38 am
  9. Just went back to look at "Our Poor Little Wet Cottage" and the guys have taken away more, pretty soon it will be down to ground floor and all the History will be gone..I guess they do, what they have to do, to get it ready for it's new transformation…No Cute, Cozy little Cottage anymore..But we will have a Grand Beachside House to decorate…Mixed emotions!!!

Jennie/Florida on January 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm
  10. I Don't Care How or it is Built of I Just Want to Live in It.

Donna T. on January 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    • Ditto!!!! lol It is so beautiful!

Rebecca on January 5, 2013 at 12:04 am