Dec 18

Additions, Subtracted

Today I am happy to share a new slideshow, created with photos and notes shared by our man on the scene, project manager Dylan Eastman. He explains why certain additions had to be removed and what we plan to do with the salvaged material from those spaces. Take a peek at the photos and share your thoughts below.

• Posted at 11:28 am on December 12, 2012

1. OMG I can not believe what the new plans look like! I love every inch of it!!!! I am so in love with this home. IT IS GOING TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOME!!!! Good job design team!!!!!:*:*:*<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on January 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm
  2. I'm sad that the house had so much damage, but I guess that is expected with a beach house with this much age and history. I'm happy to see the new plans and I love that the garlic and the persimmons trees are likely to be saved!!

Lia_M on January 4, 2013 at 7:08 pm
  3. Thanks to Jennie/Florida I've been able to keep up with the progress of this BC. I am curious as to the height of the foundation wall above high tide sea level. The house seems to be perfectly located on this great lot with all the beautiful trees.

Jimbo on January 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm
  4. I can't stop looking at the photos of this old home. Although it seems that you guys have so much work to do and it is going to be a big challenge, it is so worth it. It has so much history and I am sure the family that use to own it will be so happy. The design layout that have created is so fitting for this old gem. I love it!

Rebecca on January 6, 2013 at 8:18 am
  5. Just watched the live cam for 1st time. Neat watching the crew remove outer wall from left side of cabin. Cute 4 legged crew that was sniffing around and making sure everything was done correctly. Can the live cam move to show a 360 degree view? I wasn't able to get it to do that if it does.

NanaBella on January 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    • Oh I love looking at the cam. I go to it all day long. lol Trust me you will get addicted to it! <3

Rebecca on January 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  6. I knew the termite damage was bad, but when you take the house apart and really get in there … I'm not sure I ever realized it was THAT bad! It's nice seeing the open door frames and pieces of the house in the photos, knowing all of the hard work that's going into the house. It's heartbreaking, however, to see the house as a whole: gutted and ripped to pieces and falling apart. I wish they'd just rip the bandage off and get the reno over with so I don't have to watch this part!

Alicia9981 on January 6, 2013 at 10:48 pm
  7. Wow the BC team really get into the nitty gritty of making sure that they remove any structually damage. I'm glad to see the studding going up and the demo done. Being a country boy the area looks perfect, and after some checking about tides of just over two feet, I estimated the top of the house foundation is about six to seven feet above the mean tide. I would appreciate some feed back on my estimates, if anyone has that information. The pictures and floor plans add another level of anticipation to this process

Jimbo on January 7, 2013 at 6:42 am
  8. Still amazed at what was there and what it looks like now on the cam.:*

Rebecca on January 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm
  9. Its like making a new pair shoes sitch by sitch a house is room by room board board,each design works for each room the place is beautiful its just the way it should be,

B.Dumas on January 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm
  10. I must admit I look forward to voting on each new part of this beautiful home. While watching the framing progress on the Cabin Cam I noticed that the exterior wall appear to be 2x6s, sturdier while allowing a higher R value in the walls. This Cabin Cam is a great idea, it is nice to be able to see the details hidden from view in the final product.

Jimbo on January 18, 2013 at 7:49 am