Nov 16

Your Man on the Ground

Blog Cabin 2013Dylan Eastman examines the original Blog Cabin 2013 foundation after the home is lifted.

Hi all and happy Friday!

Pretty soon, we will begin coverage of the Blog Cabin 2013 remodeling process. Starting the week of November 26, project manager Dylan Eastman will offer up regular reports from the home site and, in late 2012 or early 2013, we will launch our “Remodeling of Blog Cabin” package on HGTVRemodels.com. It will be packed with behind-the-scenes details: how we handled the home’s many additions, made allowances for harsh coastal weather conditions and more.

So pull up a seat and plan to stick around — tons of photos and exclusive details are just around the corner!

• Posted at 3:38 pm on November 11, 2012

1. NEW Thread from Mary!!!!!

Jennie/Florida on November 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm
  2. LOVE ENTERING DIY Blog cabin sweepstakes ,Cannot wait to enter this one ,it is way COOL LOVE the location. Lynda

LYNDA YOUNG on December 3, 2012 at 10:06 am
  3. Fabulous little cabin, sunrise should be breath taking, but I'm sure that there will be lots of creative challenges involved in order to get this cabin in shape.

Reasons For Being on December 3, 2012 at 5:21 pm
  4. Lets get started already. Can't wait!

isojames on December 8, 2012 at 9:35 am
  5. I am so excited about this project that words can not express. I am checking in everyday now to see what is going on and to see your progress and challenges. I am sure there will be many challenges as you go along. I hope the weather holds up and your team stays safe as they work hard on the project. I will be waiting patiently for the next update!

Rebecca on December 8, 2012 at 9:56 pm
  6. I know this is not the "I WANT THAT" show but I WANT THAT HOUSE!!!! lol I have fell in love with this site. I am sure you will bring this home back to it's beautiful glory. Your team is just amazing. This home is on it's own paradise island! Who wouldn't love it? I love it for the above reasons but mostly because it reminds me of my Granny. I miss her so much but this brings out so many happy memories. The only difference is she didn't have inside plumbing. lol She had an outhouse. I was so scared to go outside and she would take me and tell me stories as we walked to the outhouse.

Rebecca on December 17, 2012 at 11:46 am
  7. I am waiting so patiently for this to begin! I can not wait to see what you have in store for us. I am sure the new design will be amazing. When will you at least show the new layout? I am sooooo curious about what you will do with this natural beauty. What ever you do I am sure it will be spectacular!!!! I love DIY!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca on December 18, 2012 at 8:26 am
  8. first time on here..how and when can I vote?

c.mckinnon on December 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    • exactly what i would like to know.

crazylilgrams on December 28, 2012 at 10:56 pm
  9. You have a job on your hands this year, but I always think that and y'all change it to a mansion right before my eyes. Good Luck!!

Rhonda Price on December 31, 2012 at 1:56 am
  10. The first time that I went into this original home was around 1986-87. The owner was a friend of mine. I remember going up those narrow stairs…my butt was almost to big ….During the late 80's, I would wear the "Spuds McKenzie" costume for the local Bud distributor…I wore the costume for my freinds Mother's Birthday party at this home sometime in that time frame.
    Then sometimes just would go for a visit and sit and have a glass of wine looking out over Core Sound…very excited about this project….I am sure that my friend is looking down from the Heavens…she will have a say in this project…Trust Me !!!

Oysterella on January 1, 2013 at 10:03 pm