Nov 16

Your Man on the Ground

Blog Cabin 2013Dylan Eastman examines the original Blog Cabin 2013 foundation after the home is lifted.

Hi all and happy Friday!

Pretty soon, we will begin coverage of the Blog Cabin 2013 remodeling process. Starting the week of November 26, project manager Dylan Eastman will offer up regular reports from the home site and, in late 2012 or early 2013, we will launch our “Remodeling of Blog Cabin” package on HGTVRemodels.com. It will be packed with behind-the-scenes details: how we handled the home’s many additions, made allowances for harsh coastal weather conditions and more.

So pull up a seat and plan to stick around — tons of photos and exclusive details are just around the corner!

• Posted at 3:38 pm on November 11, 2012

1. Looking forward to it. The 2008 floods here in Iowa took out our cabin and we had to redo the whole thing. It is a lot nicer now, but I miss the old cabin and all the memories we had there.

Randy in Iowa on November 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    • Oh that is so sad Randy. I know our little rustic cabin is just a memorie cabin. The grand kids painting it ,and all the rock and arrowhead collections all over the place.

vicki_in_Utah on November 27, 2012 at 10:10 pm
    • Randy, I am so sad for your flood losses–and I understand very well how you feel. My home was destroyed by an unprecedented 7.5 ft. flood and the upstream sewerage treatment plant breaking loose

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 29, 2012 at 7:51 pm
    • Oooops–don't know how that posted before I was finished–sorry! My home and its contents remained under water for 8 days. Like you it was rebuilt, looked nice, but all the warmth and memories were overwhelmed with visions of the horrid, surprise flood and the emotions of rescue from the attic 3 days after the disaster; and, then the unbelievably poor response by the predecessor of FEMA, SBA Disaster Relief Office, which withheld any financial relief for over 10 months, while president Carter tinkered with re writing and raising disaster aid interest from 1% to 7% for families and 13% for small businesses that were destroyed! this happened in 1979, in Jackson, MS, where I formerly lived. My heart has been very broken for victims of natural disasters around our Nation and how badly the victims have been treated since then! I do hope this wasn't your experience, Randy! I wish you continued healing from the painful experience!xD^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 29, 2012 at 8:23 pm
  2. Is there an update? Because I can't wait for the result.

Cody Whidbee on November 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm
  3. Dear Mary, We are patiently waiting for the Remodeling Process to begin. This is the week of November 26th and looking forward to hear from Mr. Eastman and His first report from the Homesite….Please don't keep us Anxious and Excited Bloggers waiting much longer!!! This Beautiful Cozy Cottage is waiting to get an Updated Makeover, but She really needs to keep "Her Charm"!!!!! We Bloggers can't wait to get started!!!!
    Thank you for all that you do Mary, we know that you are a busy Lady and we really appreciate your updates! Have a Good Day!

Jennie/Florida on November 28, 2012 at 11:31 am
    • Hear, Hear!!!
      The boredom begins to set in quickly and then bloggers go elsewhere. The live cam helps but it is not a substitute for updated information. We know you all are hard at work in the background doing all the planning and paperwork that comes before anything concrete can be done and we really appreciate all the efforts but just a sentence or two will keep us going for a week or two. It may also attract more bloggers if there is activity going on.

grammagail on November 28, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    • Hope you don’t mind that I cut & pasted your post and put it over on HGTV Smart Home blog. You worded our need for new thread to keep interest going beautifully. It has been over 15 weeks over there. Mid-August. We bloggers tried to keep it going but it has completely died.

Eugenia27 on November 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm
  4. Another beautiful Blog Cabin sunset. Sigh! :)

Anniesown on November 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm
    • Hi Anniesown, I just saw the Cottage Sunset a few minutes ago!!! Just Beautiful!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to see that view every evening from the Front porch of this Cottage??? So calming and relaxing..aah, just Love it!

Jennie/Florida on November 28, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    • Agreed 100% :D

Anniesown on November 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    • I missed it. What time does the sun set?

Eugenia27 on November 28, 2012 at 8:26 pm
    • Locally at the cabin between 4.30 – 5.00pm

Anniesown on November 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Eugenia27 on November 29, 2012 at 2:27 pm
  5. I am ready to see and be a part of this cabin blossoming into a beautiful Blog cabin!

Laura on November 28, 2012 at 11:20 pm
  6. LL
    Batten down yer hatches and hold on to your jibo.0! me mattie!
    I hear you guys are going to be getting some stormy skies and seas with high, high winds. I hope you are prepared and are in a safe harbour? Take care and be safe. I know you will heed warnings.
    All kidding aside esp after what we saw with "Sandy" I hope everyone takes care and heeds the warnings and prepares for this very strange weather we are experiencing. God Bless and be safe.

ruffybc on November 29, 2012 at 10:39 am
    • I second that LL, Please be prepared for the worst and hunker down in a safe place…We will say prayers for you during this storm event in California…Crazy weather everywhere and so unpredictable..Hope you have family to hunker down with…..Please stay safe!!!

Jennie/Florida on November 29, 2012 at 11:17 am
    • I THIRD Ruffy and Jennie, LLColeman!! Praying for your safety and that of your Family and Friends! xo <3 KITTY

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 29, 2012 at 6:54 pm
    • Thank you, kitty–your prayers have special weight to them ! <3

LLColeman on November 30, 2012 at 5:03 am
    • I will be hunkered down, Jennie–and your prayers mean a lot. Thank you for thinking of me. <3

LLColeman on November 30, 2012 at 5:04 am
    • Arrrgghh me ruffy…no fear–I be on the other side of a mountain and neither near the coast or in flood distance from the bay . Me first mate hubbster is a tree trimmer and very accustomed to workin in the wildest weather…he has a dare-devil streak in him that loves the howling , driving rain. So I hope he makes it back to home port in safety at the end of the day. As for me, I can't stand being the tiniest bit cold or wet–I made sure to do all my errrands today…arrgggh
      Time for a Hot Toddy.. .;)

LLColeman on November 30, 2012 at 5:02 am
    • LL<3 Enjoy that Hot Toddy-that would be with rum? good! You stay on the job!LOL!
      You and your husband be safe and God Bless

ruffybc on November 30, 2012 at 9:12 am
    • A Hot Buttered Rum (or Toddy), a cozy quilt and a fireplace; are the best ways to enjoy a heavy rain storm.

Eugenia27 on November 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm
  7. I will be watching all the way from Montanta where its cold and crisp right now. Cant wait to watch it all come together

bigred7878 on November 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm
  8. I finally saw the sun set. I could watch that every night and never tire of it.

Eugenia27 on November 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm
  9. OOOh–new post on the HGTV Dream Home site ! Photos, also.

LLColeman on November 30, 2012 at 5:08 am
    • LLColeman thanks for the reminder! :-)

Heading South on November 30, 2012 at 9:01 am
  10. Ready To Start YEEHAWW!!! :)
    Heavenly Father, In The Name of Your Son Jesus, I ask You To Pour Your Blessings Out Onto This Project, Like Rain, Bless All who are present, Bless All who read this, In Jesus' Name, Amen Amen
    Hallelujah!!