Nov 16

Your Man on the Ground

Blog Cabin 2013Dylan Eastman examines the original Blog Cabin 2013 foundation after the home is lifted.

Hi all and happy Friday!

Pretty soon, we will begin coverage of the Blog Cabin 2013 remodeling process. Starting the week of November 26, project manager Dylan Eastman will offer up regular reports from the home site and, in late 2012 or early 2013, we will launch our “Remodeling of Blog Cabin” package on HGTVRemodels.com. It will be packed with behind-the-scenes details: how we handled the home’s many additions, made allowances for harsh coastal weather conditions and more.

So pull up a seat and plan to stick around — tons of photos and exclusive details are just around the corner!

• Posted at 3:38 pm on November 11, 2012

1. To all of you out there in Bloggie-land, have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. Or as I like to say, ….Happy Turkey, Turkey!xD

Dghawk4 on November 21, 2012 at 6:47 pm
    • Dghawk
      Thanks so much-we are having our Thanksgiving get together this Sat. due to schedules. Hope you had a joyful day and you are now full of Turkey Turkey!
      God Bless

ruffybc on November 23, 2012 at 10:25 am
  2. "Happy Thanksgiving to All"…Enjoy your day with your family and friends…If driving, be safe on your journey !!!

Next week we get our first report from the Homesite ..Mr. Eastman hopefully will give us some heads up on the revised floor plans..Wishful thinking! Can't wait to see what the first report is!

Jennie/Florida on November 21, 2012 at 7:27 pm
    • Jennie, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you as well ; I hope it will be memorable.

LLColeman on November 22, 2012 at 6:01 am
  3. I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to ALL of you wonderful Bloggies who have expressed concern, thoughts and been praying for me during this time of uncertainty, medical testing and illness. My latest round of test results indicate that they need to dig deeper, so more tests are on the horizon. I am thankful for a thorough physician team! I have so much to be thankful for! This Blog is a gift! I want to wish each one of you and your families and loved ones a bounty of blessings from Above Thanksgiving Day and everyday!!! God Bless all of you and keep you safe in His loving Care and Provision! ^_^<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 21, 2012 at 10:44 pm
    • Happy Thanksgiving to you too Kitty. I hope your future tests are productive and positive.
      ,Ed

EdinOregon on November 22, 2012 at 2:54 am
    • :) Thank you so much, Ed!!! You are always such a trouper and encourager to me and I appreciate you so much! Hope that you and yours had a very special Thanksgiving and that the weekend good times are still rolling on…. I appreciate your well wishes too and am counting upon positive results, no matter what they are. In everything, I give thanks and hope to be a positive instrument through whatever happens. Life is good! Best to you and yours always! :D ^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 24, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    • I am sorry you must endure tests but I know you are grateful that your physicians want to have definitive answers for you. I agree that this blog is a Godsend; it keeps many of us connected and cheered up.
      Thanks for your eloquent post to us all. <3

LLColeman on November 22, 2012 at 6:05 am
    • Kitty
      I to am sorry you must go through all this testing:( I pray for you and your Drs that they have wisdom and they will uncover any thing that needs addressing and will restore your health. God is with you through this and you have been blessed with a wonderful spirit. Keep your faith.
      Loving wishes for your speedy recovery and strength.<3

ruffybc on November 23, 2012 at 10:29 am
    • Thank you, dear Ruffy, for your continued encouraging thoughts. I am full of gratitude and peace that God has provided me with one of the top internationally respected neuroendocrinologists–and that is more than just a miracle–he actually has his practice based here–in Norfolk, VA! That he accepted my case, that he's accessible is amazing! (He's lecturing in Japan right now–I understand he researches all over the place and it is the strange and rare manifestation of my symptoms that caused him to take my case== I'm a guinea pig???) Truthfully though, God is faithful and good all the time! My life Bible verse is from the Book of Isaiah 12:2. "For I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my song; He has also become my salvation" (well I paraphrased a bit, but that's essentially it). I draw much peace from there. And now, I'm so pumped and looking forward to this new Blog Cabin!! I have LOVE, LOVED the Pirate tales!!! Just a bit concerned if any modern day pirates or Bloggies go there now with their metal detectors and dig up under the elevated cabin and render it a holy foundation!!! More work for Dylan…. HEHE!B);)xD<3 Love Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 24, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    • Kitty, Sounds like your neuroendocrinologist is a God send. Even as a guinea pig, you should do very well.

Eugenia27 on November 24, 2012 at 8:06 pm
    • I agree, Eugenia! My Hubby, Gary and I were really praying, because I have had so many disjointed and seemingly unrelated serious things going on; saw lots of MDs, and suddenly it was like, "eureka!" "that's where it's going!" and we were referred by my endocrinologist. I don't mind being a guinea pig at a teaching hospital/medical college. If they can isolate something and prevent just one person from falling into the years I've been searching for answers and relief—wow! what a blessing! We're partially there too! Very optimistic! Happy Sunday!:*:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 24, 2012 at 10:15 pm
    • Hi Kitty,
      I'm so sorry to read that you still need further testing and I agree with you that God has provided you with the medical team you need to find the answers and to help you. Scripture tells us not to worry and to trust God for all things. I also agree with you when you said this Blog is a gift. I have learned so much and really value everyone's thoughts and opinions. I too have really enjoyed reading about the Pirate tales! Wishing you and yours a Blessed Thanksgiving weekend. ~Sue from Illinois

Peacefurpets on November 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    • Dear Sue,
      Thank you so much for your heartfelt encouragement! No question that God has His hand in this and He controls my life and I am His. He has had His hand on my entire medical team,and they are now working together, which is good–and important. I think we're getting close to final diagnosis, which will, whatever it is, bring peace to me, because, then we know next steps. My prayer through it is simple: let me be an instrument to bless others, to touch lives and be a witness. I joined this blog at the outset of BC 2012. What an adventure! Wonderful people! I've been inspired, laughed till my sides practically split, learned new perspectives, and made lifetime friends! What more could one ask of a TV Network DIY Blog??? :) Perfectly Delightful gift! I hope you have been enjoying and making memories this Thanksgiving Celebratory Weekend, Sue! May your Sunday be especially wonderful! Thank you again for your encouraging words. In His Peace… Kitty (Chesapeake, VA) <3

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 24, 2012 at 10:46 pm
    • Kitty
      I am so happy you are receiving the very best care and that is what God gives:) I love the scripture you sent:)<3 That has gotten me through many a trial. He will get you through and give the wisdom your Drs need to help you. The very best wishes to you and I know you are in the best hands.
      God Bless<3

ruffybc on November 25, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    • He has you in His Hand. I am so blessed to intercede for you
      -Doug

ormondalliance on November 23, 2012 at 11:16 am
    • Dear Ormondalliance, Yes, He DOES have me in His Hand! I love and serve a tender, loving and understanding Father God. He gives my days joy through it all and I have peace. I also appreciate all the good humor that is uplifting in this world and fill my spare time with as much of that as I dare, without becoming a lazy lomax. :) Humor is good medicine and this blog is very good at it! I'm so glad you have joined our Blog and Intense Debate. Welcome! we have a good time and I can tell that you are already a wonderful contribution to the BC "family." Thank you so much for interceeding on my behalf! That means so much to me, Doug. I Found it interesting and special, too, that your name is the same as that of my Father, a pastor and missionary in Brasil for over 17 years, Rev. Doug Charles, MDiv, who now resides in Heaven with the Lord. Thank you! You made my day!^_^:D Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm
  4. (clearing throat and singing…hopefully not to far off key.)

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
    He chastens and hastens His will to make known;…..

Aw, shucks, this sounds better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7M4RNi024

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Live, Laugh, Love.

Dghawk4 on November 22, 2012 at 9:36 am
    • Dghawk4, Wishing you the same! :) <3

bythebaydreamer on November 22, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    • Dghawk
      You were just perfect:)
      I love this hymn also:)^_^<3 Thanks for sharing and God Bless you!

ruffybc on November 23, 2012 at 10:33 am
    • I have always loved that hymn, Dghawk4! :) Its melody is so upbeat and pleasant, it seems to almost take me into the fields to gather the bounty from the fields. Yes! Live, Laugh, Love! Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving dinner!xD^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    • I'd have sung along if I thought I could have carried the tune in something other than a strong basket, with a stout handle.

DGustaf on November 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    • I tried a 5 gallon rubber feed bucket one time, and that didn't even help! The really bad part was my horse turned his back to me and "tooted".xD

Dghawk4 on November 26, 2012 at 12:21 am
    • HaHaHa LOL! Everyone has an opinion! too funny:p<3o.0

ruffybc on November 27, 2012 at 10:38 am
    • Funny Dghawk4! ^_^ I guess it could have been something worse instead of a "Toot"!

EdinOregon on November 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm
    • Well, he's done that, too….. Not for my singing, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.o.0

Dghawk4 on November 28, 2012 at 7:49 pm
    • lol! DID HE TOOT IN TUNE? :$:*:o HOPE HE SANG ALONG WITH YOU!xD<3 kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 28, 2012 at 12:05 am
    • Not really. It was more of a "pfffffffffff".xD

Dghawk4 on November 28, 2012 at 7:51 pm
    • Oh, THAT kind! LOL! I FEEL your pain! I've experience similar "gifts" from generous animals. The worst, I think was at Christmastime, when I was performing in Norfolk, VA, Chrysler Hall during a serene moment onstage, the Nativity scene, with actors, the wise men, a score of animals; and, I -a shepherdess was managing a cow on a rope. A camel stood next to us, meaning, no moving space. The Orchestra, choir, flying angels and all shepherds were worshiping the Babe to the tune of "Silent Night" when my cow swished her tail and started going and going and going. I wanted to laugh as the shower soaked me and the wood stage and stu_nk like strong ammonia, but I couldn't break character, we were singing very softly and I was imagining whether the mikes were picking up the sound of us or that of this cow's gift to Baby Jesus. That part I'll never know.;)^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 28, 2012 at 8:32 pm
    • Ha! Ha! Ha! xDxD LOL xDxD HOLEY COW! (sorry) xDxD What a trooper you are. I would have probably cracked up!

Dghawk4 on November 29, 2012 at 5:49 pm
    • Besides singing, I was vibrating, holding my breath so as to not break into laughter, I could hear my daughter behind me in the choir,snickering and she wasn't doing too well holding back the laughter, which wasn't very helpful for me, But we were on the stage, being filmed, and everybody tends to like the huge camels–I had one of those next to me, so I knew I'd be caught red-handed if I broke character. Hahaha–I still crack up over the scene. Ya do what Ya gotta do! :D xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm
  5. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! :)
    May your day be filled with love and food filling both the body and soul.
    Giving thanks for all we have and thanks to those who help make it possible.

grammagail on November 22, 2012 at 10:42 am
    • grammagil, The same to you! Holiday Blessings to you and yours.:)<3

bythebaydreamer on November 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm
  6. Yea! Now I can relax and enjoy Thanksgiving. Someone has come and moved the ladder and shut the banging door. Blog cabin is safe again!

Pat Green on November 22, 2012 at 11:36 am
    • I wonder if it was Mary, who lives next door.

Eugenia27 on November 23, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    • I wondered the sAme thing, Eugenia. A great big thanks to whomever did it. Pat

Pat Green on November 24, 2012 at 12:19 pm
  7. I am new to this but I agree with pam, I really feel this is going to be very special. Someone is going to be very blessed by the peace and beauty of this place. Good luck to all.

Nese on November 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm
  8. Thanks, LL. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving also.

Dghawk4 on November 22, 2012 at 11:10 pm
  9. we bloggies have been connecting coast to coast and all states in between, I have been very grateful for camaraderie and laughter that we have shared…and support to those who may need it. Happy Thanksgiving to you all; I hope it's been a memorable day. <3

LLColeman on November 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm
  10. May your Thanksgiving day have been one Happy and Blessed Day! The Lord has provided for us with His provision for our salvation, family, friends, food His creation and even the air that we breath. For that and more I am grateful. Beautiful weather for hunting season and a great harvest! We already have tenderloins, hamburger, ect. in the freezer. Lots of work, but great family time together sharing and laughing. Then celebrating Thanksgiving with delicious food. Still have more deer tags to fill, so off we go. Beautiful sunrise at the cabin, with the water calling me. Happy Day! :-)

Heading South on November 23, 2012 at 9:21 am
    • Thank you and it was a Blessed Day! Hope it was the same for you! Just wanted to post a note to affirm what you shared. It is always nice to hear! xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm
    • DwnSoDwnEaster, thanks for your affirmation :-) I have a verse for you, to encourage your heart during your medical testing. It is Isaiah 26:3, – You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.- :-)

Heading South on November 28, 2012 at 9:48 am
    • Dear Heading South! I love that scripture too!!! His Word is replete with Promise and encouragement and I cherish its Truth, cover to cover! Next neuroendocrinologist meeting is this Friday. I believe we're getting closer to to complete diagnosis, while we do have partials. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a witness through all this! Whatever happens, may He be glorified! Thank you for your Spiritual walk with me–it is precious!!! <3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 28, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    • Dear Kitty, I will lift you up in prayer to the throne of Grace on Friday, forHis healing, and His peace which I know is carrying you today. 2Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2Tim 1:12 For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that HE is able to keep what I have committed to HIM until that Day. :-) Kitty the word is sharper than a two edged sword :-) Psalm 91:14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. (read through verse 16) This is for you. Keep looking up :-)

Heading South on November 28, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    • Those are such great reminders of God's Grace! Thank you so much for your prayers! My eyes are fixed on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my Faith! Looking forward to each day and how He will use me in it for His purposes and Glory. May His Blessings be yours! Love, KittyxD<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 29, 2012 at 7:23 pm