Nov 1

Standing Up to Superstorm Sandy

Blog Cabin 2013 Hurricane Sandy

Blog Cabin 2013 was lifted in preparation for the construction of a new, sturdy foundation. And then news of Superstorm Sandy hit the airwaves. Before the hurricane came ashore with tropical storm-force winds, the Blog Cabin 2013 general contractor strapped the home down to the ground and then built a sand berm around the structure to keep tidal waters from washing away the cribbings. Sandy moved inland, leaving our circa-1892 coastal cottage virtually unscathed.

Take a few moments to watch the amazing time-lapse video of the home lifting process and discover more about the history of this fascinating coastal North Carolina home, lovingly cared for and tended by members of the Robinson family.

• Posted at 10:40 am on November 11, 2012

1. OPEN CONCEPT will be great and move the kitchen to have an eat in bar with dinning area close by. open concept.

Linda on November 16, 2012 at 2:00 pm
  2. Yeah Bloggers……New Thread!!!!!

Jennie/Florida on November 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    • All about Dylan Eastman..busy man–bless him for taking on blog updates ! ;) B) <3

LLColeman on November 17, 2012 at 3:47 am
  3. Great video of lifting the house. This is just the beginning. I can't wait to see the progress after this. Love to see an old home that was precious to someone in the earlier years be renovated.

Got-er-done…LOL

Thomas Lowe on November 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm
  4. I am so releaved that Blog Cabin2013 took the time in elevating for stroms.Now I feel for myself and the other viewers piece of mind that the house will be safer to live in.I'm sure you won't procrastinate on building this house the safest you can;for whoever wins it.Looking forward in the next step.Your teams always do awsome work.

Pat Aronson on November 17, 2012 at 7:07 am
  5. Great to see expert work on such a special treasure. I was concerned about the home when I heard about the storm's path. I have already fallen in love with the house and the location.

Marilee on November 20, 2012 at 10:31 am
  6. I loved the video – and by the info on the home it looks like it is close to stacy,nc – does anyone know the address of this polace

elvin lackey on November 20, 2012 at 11:29 am
    • 448 Seashore Dr, Atlantic, NC

grammagail on November 24, 2012 at 1:08 pm
  7. Fantastic video. I had no idea something like that could be done. It was very professional as well!

LARRY_J58 on November 20, 2012 at 11:53 am
  8. I am so excited about this location, as I am from Down East aka the crystal coast!! I cannot wait to see this cabin cottage built, I feel as if I am viewing a dream I had about this beautiful cottage.

Debra H Jones on November 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm
  9. This one is going to be what I think as the ultimate fun house. Swimming, fishing, and just having friends and family come will be great for anyone who will get the change to win this new one. I've been watching you guys do some of the most wonderful renovations and of course new one's as well and your all great minds working together to create something wonderful for someone and that's really nice.
    I alway try to keep up with what's about to happen, to it's reconstruction and all the way to watching who is the new winner. Hopefully one day it might be me but all in all your all really great at using your minds to create something really nice and I love to watch you do such great work.

Sharon

SharonOpolka on December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am
  10. Wow that was amazing. I didn't even know you could do that! I would think it would just really start to crumble as it was being lifted due to the age. Seems I learn something new everyday watching DIY! I can't wait for the next step. Great job guys, be safe!

Rebecca on December 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm