Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,400 Comments

1. So ecited for this new Blog Cabbin can't wait to start voting!!!!!

amber E on October 25, 2012 at 5:01 pm
  2. beautiful

NATALIE on October 25, 2012 at 5:53 pm
  3. Oh Happy Day!! My daughter is in N.C. :) I am counting the days! :)

Michele Bernier on October 25, 2012 at 6:58 pm
  4. IT
    ENEAT I BET IT WILL BE GREAT CANT WAIT TO SEE THE RESULTS

ELIZ CARPENTER on October 25, 2012 at 7:16 pm
  5. I will be praying for the opportunity. Thank you for all the excitement.

Lydia Roman on October 25, 2012 at 7:28 pm
  6. Great place to choose.

munchy1 on October 25, 2012 at 8:20 pm
  7. I hope they don't do the hack job on this floor plan that they did on the 2012 floor plan. However, the overall footprint is very much the same as the last one. Let's pray they've found a better architect for this reno. It'd be a shame to waste another 1700 sq ft (+/-) retreat, especially in such an awesome location. I'll bet the humidity in that place is killer. I'm interested to see what kind of moisture resistant materials they'll be using. Same as the dream home in South Carolina???

Rebecca6T on October 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm
  8. Would love to know the address of the new cabin. New Bern, Crystal Coast, and Atlantic are all mentioned….Dying to know which of these areas the cabin is!!!

Kim on October 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm
    • Kim
      Not to worry-someone always finds out where the home is:) I am surprised someone hasn't already stated the address and posted pics?:) It never stays a mystery for too long-we have very good slueths that blog:)

ruffybc on October 27, 2012 at 9:59 am
    • Am I allowed to say where it is? Can I give hints? The Crystal Coast describes the whole area. New Bern is about an hour and a half away. So it must be … B)

Alicia9981 on October 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm
    • May I ask you to confirm the address as 448 Seashore Drive? From info, maps and real estate transfers…that's what I found…so beautiful Alicia! It must have been wonderful growing up with such wondrous nature around you. I'd love to hear more….

QHMom on October 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm
    • I'm not going to say no! That's some pretty good detective work! B)

Alicia9981 on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm
    • Thank You, Alicia! I might be able to sleep tonight !…until "Sandy aka FrankenStorm" comes knocking on our door. The winds and rain have just begun here in SE Penna. Got the barn and horses secured and just praying we don't sustain damage like we did last year with Irene! Hoping and praying everyone in Sandy's path stays safe and secure!

QHMom on October 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm
    • Good luck with Sandy! I know what you mean about Irene last year – that's the hurricane that tossed the dock around and popped a lot of the cedar shakes of the house. It even knocked over a few of the hundred-year-old cedar trees on the property! Best wishes during the storm! And especially for your horses!!

Alicia9981 on October 28, 2012 at 9:51 pm
  9. I was looking thru the the pictures again and noticed the creative bathroom vanity in #42, the whistle on the light in the bedroom #25, and the seatrunks in the bedroom picture 53. If these walls could talk what would they say. What brought the Robinson family to NC? What a great amount of history this house has. Can't wait to find out more!<3:)

bythebaydreamer on October 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm