Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,400 Comments

1. This home has great bones, I can't wait to see it get its meat!

Pam in New England on March 9, 2013 at 4:06 pm
  2. You did such a good job, I'am ready to pack up the grandkids and family and swim at the beach.

D. Mermilliod on March 12, 2013 at 11:12 am
  3. New Bern is where I grew up and you couldn't have picked a better place. Just like viedo says it is a little
    slice of heaven. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes out. Love it like it is but I know I'll want it when it's finished. Diane

diane morton on March 12, 2013 at 7:42 pm
  4. I enjoyed voting on the last Blog Cabin. I know I'll enjoy voting on this one. I'm so excited it's on the beach. That was my choice. I hope I win it.

inanaclay on March 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm
  5. Retiring soon would love to make this my retirement home….

sapmartin on March 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm
  6. Norma: I just love this cottage, can't wait to see it finished.

Norma on March 13, 2013 at 4:07 pm
  7. Oh! My bags are packed. What more can you ask for. A home locacted near the beach where the weather is warm and not as cold as up here in the nNorth East. A beautiful cottage under beautiful matured trees, wild horese roanming free, wonderful food. A cottage to sit on the porch and enjoy the beauty God has given us. Time to smell the sweet breeze and have a lemonade. Oh! I am waiting for that call or email. I will be as fast as lightning. Let it be me!!!

Lillian Antoci on March 13, 2013 at 10:33 pm
  8. Hello Again! I keep coming back and looking at this wonderful house. All the windows that let the sunlight in, the wide open space. I live in a tiny, tiny house. No room to roam, always bumping into one another, oH I cannot dream of a house with so much room. I can imagine myself sitting on the Adirondac chairs near the fire pit watching the sunset with my lemonade in hand. My see the wild horese. That really blew my mind. I thought that was only in the west. The smell of the ocean wave, the sand between my little toes. Oh! I am crying to think someone else may have my dream come true. Never won a thing in my life, maybe a dollar on a lottery ticket but not big enough for a dream house. My dog would love his own little space to run around. My son would enjoy swimming with the fish. One can only imagine you have to be blessed in life to have such luck. I know! I know! I am a dreamer like John Lennon.. My husband always says I live in La, La land. I alway say its nice to dream. My bags are still packed just wishing and hoping that I will this time be blessed with a miracle.

Lillian Antoci on March 14, 2013 at 9:11 pm
  9. Hello Again Friends! Oh yeah! did I tell you I love fishing and gardenign too! I love investigating little hidden shops. I love nature and animals thats why I am amazed with the wild horese, all creature great and small found along the beach front. I fish but throw them back. I plant for it beautiful colors. I can see myself living the rest of my life here. Peaceful and quite among the seagulls. I am amazed at all the work these wonderful builders have put into this house. Such talent, such beauty. I am just waiting for the call or email to tell me to come on down. Who needs to win the lottery with a beautiful home and location such as this.

Lillian Antoci on March 14, 2013 at 9:20 pm
  10. I would like to add to suggestions for this years blog cabin. In my mind, to make this project complete…This Retreat needs a retreat!!!!

It still needs a boat dock with a "teeny house" and screened in porch built right on the end of the dock over the water so the blog cabin owner can fish,cook the fist and eat the fish without having to walk back and forth to the house to get every little thing.

The " teeny little house" idea can be researched on the internet. I think all the Bloggers would enjoy an episode showing building a sturdy wide dock and showing a "Teeny house" right on the dock. I feel certain there is a "Teeny house" designer/ manufacturer who would consult with Blog Cabin.

Joyce Longo on March 15, 2013 at 1:58 pm