Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. why not put a full solar pv and thermal combination roof to take care of the radiant heated floor and the electricity for the house to make it zero energy effecient blog cabin

michael howell on February 19, 2013 at 11:26 pm
  2. a warm floor in the windy wintery months…and more electrictricity to keep the air conditioners running to keep you cool in the summer…combo solar pv and thermal roof could make this blog cabin very attractive..

michael howell on February 19, 2013 at 11:33 pm
  3. Beautiful, Please don"t take all the old charm from the cottage. Yes I'am voting for the designs in this home to be. Love it, hope it will be mine but whoever wins will be well blessed. Beautiful beach area have never been, would love to see it. Have my boat ready, my canoe, and the family. Thanks for the hard work, great job!

sandra loft on February 20, 2013 at 7:03 pm
  4. Love the location. I'm a fisherman and this site perfectly fits my life style. I'll help design the blog cabin 2013!

Chip Schild on February 23, 2013 at 4:09 pm
  5. I Really Love VOTING for my favs and checking out everything I can about the house and the area. It's a dream. I WANT it!!

fayedlight on February 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm
  6. A Gem in the Rough! Love the pre-renovation pics.. Unbelievable! 3 acres of beach front property.. this house is going to be the best EVER!…

Sherx on February 23, 2013 at 7:31 pm
  7. "Beach front property" what a joke, it's on the Core Sound, Stryon's Bay to be exact. You see that marsh, that's part of the three acres, do you know how many green flies are going to be there in the summer. I am very familiar with the location. The beach they were showing everyone surfing, and fishing, that's about an hour drive, and forget about shopping, one little grocery store with half empty shelves, you'll survive but that is about it. Yeah go ahead bring the wife and children, they'll love it. Ha Ha Ha. Oh yeah go ahead and put a boat on that dock, wait until the wind blows south west 25 every summer afternoon. That place should have been bulldozed long ago. Have they mentioned how deep the water was inside the old house during hurricane Isabell? Charming with endless possibilities you all need to stop taking LSD.

Usedtolivethere on February 24, 2013 at 10:02 am
  8. Great potential in paradise

Lee Dixon on February 24, 2013 at 5:13 pm
  9. Ready to move in, boat and canoe also need a new home.Blessed that this crew is so talented . I would love to be the one to call this cottage my home. All is welcome if I win. Bring it on, one big party, love to have all sorts of gathering.All will be welcomed, one great party. I't dosen't bother me that grocery store's and neighbors are far away. I how live so far out I'am lucky I have electric anything. This beautiful cottage would look great with oil lamps went needed. This place is free, no need to complain. Great location, Iam all for it.

sandra loft on February 24, 2013 at 8:31 pm
  10. I live in Morehead City, NC the closest BIG City to Atlantic…LOL and about 1.5 hours away. This is a perfect vacation spot. I love the design and always happy to see homes re-done and love that they chose this spot. It can be very relaxing for the right family.

I would love to see solar panels or a vertical wind turbine on this home with backup batteries & a generator. Anyone who will be living in it will need them after a storm. Atlantic is the always the last place to get electricity back after a hurricane and having lived down east it can easily be a couple of weeks without power.

Christie on February 25, 2013 at 3:58 pm