Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. Love it. Love watching the progress and feeling as though I am part of it through the voting. Thanks.

jkcarter on January 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm
  2. HEY ! ! ! It's mid-February 2013 in the midst of the winter's cccccoldest week, so who in their right mind would want to call southeast Michigan home, when, injust a month, that gorgeous Carolina coast will be calling my name? I'd move in a second and my grown family would be happy to call this lovely coastal getaway their permanent summer home any time they could get away. They love that coast and spend every get away day there anyway — while I stay home up north and dog sit for them all. Move over sunshine, sandy beaches and wild horses, I'm movin' on down . . .

LULU'S MOM on January 22, 2013 at 8:41 pm
    • Hi LuLu's mom I so love the cold air but not that cold. How about a house swap for a week in upstate SC?

Karen on January 23, 2013 at 12:59 am
  3. I am ready for the Blog home to be build in the famous Greenbrier resort, White Sulfur Springs , WV

Jim Szarko

jim Szarko on January 22, 2013 at 9:56 pm
  4. Talk about a diamond in the rough. What a beautiful location too! I cannot wait to see what my fellow bloggers help to design.

camrycapri on January 22, 2013 at 11:48 pm
    • I'am with you on this Camry Capri. It is a diamond in the rough.but after the renovation it will be a light house shining from sea to sea. I so love the old world charm of the cabin, there is so much history to every room. I do hope they keep some of the details like the fireplace but of course some TLC , also refinish those hard word floors I can't believe they painted them. How in the world did they except to keep it white? I do eagerly wait to see how we all make this a dream come true for some body. Karen Smith

Karen on January 23, 2013 at 12:57 am
  5. Love the waterfront location. My husband and I both were sailors. Eye Eye caption. the sailors life for me.

carol on January 23, 2013 at 2:24 pm
  6. I'm enjoying the voting on the style for the Blog Cabin retreat. Can't wait for another room.

Marie on January 24, 2013 at 11:26 pm
  7. Having fun voting too! I love the rustic look and keeping it a cabin or 'cottage by the sea' makes it so much more appealing! It reminds me of what we had growing up in a cottage during the summer in Old Saybrook, CT!
    Carol

Carol on January 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm
  8. Beautiful home, beautiful location. Love it.

Lisa Jones on January 25, 2013 at 3:11 pm
  9. I love this cabin!!!!! We have a brother and sister in law living in New Bern and I love it down there. We live in Tennesseeand go visit when we can.

June H. Pair on January 25, 2013 at 4:15 pm
  10. how do I enter to win the cabin?

rosie on January 25, 2013 at 7:35 pm