Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. I LOVE LOVE this LOCATION, THE HOME, THE FLOORING, THE PORCH & I'm SURE DYI will do a GREAT job on it!!!!! Can't wait for more to see!!!! Thank you HGTV !!!!!!

Teresa on January 18, 2013 at 4:27 pm
  2. WOW, so exciting! Makes me want to check out the East coast!

taylormade4 on January 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm
  3. So much fun watching "The Log Cabin 2013" it's only a 2 hr. drive fom where we live . Love to vacation in the Charleston area every year and would be awesome if we won it.

Bebe on January 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm
  4. I am so excited to see how that drab old house transforms into a beautiful getaway retreat!! I'm already dreaming that I'll be living there taking in the view- ahhhh:) lol

Audrey on January 19, 2013 at 8:03 pm
  5. Perfect location, perfect house! Can't wait!!!

Kathy on January 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm
  6. This location looks like an ideal get away home. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out!

Betty on January 19, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  7. Can't wait for this new cabin!

Shelby Adamson on January 19, 2013 at 11:10 pm
  8. This cabin is not on the beach. It is on the mainland. The beach, at Atlantic, NC, is a narrow strip of sand about a mile across the sound from the land. It is only accessible by boat.
    I believe I have located the property on Google Earth. 34degrees 52'26.51N 76degrees 21'35.90"W. To see it on Google earth, you will have to move the clock back to 1009, because in the current picture, there is cloud cover over the property.
    On a different page on the DIY blog cabin site. I learned that the property is 3 acres, and has a 173 foot dock. This property fits that description.

Tom Kline on January 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm
  9. One problem I see with living so close to nature like that is you'd probably need reinforced wooden doors perth. You can't exactly have the wildlife barging in unexpectedly, now do you?

Wade on January 20, 2013 at 11:58 pm
  10. This is my first time doing this and since I grew up on Core Sound, I am looking forward to seeing the progress of the 2013 Blog Cabin.

core sounder on January 21, 2013 at 10:26 am