Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. boy this is so nice ….I have all of my grandchildren with me I know they would love to live here and I am tired of renting…it would be nice to have a perment place to put our heads down. and those trees are wonderful.I cant wait to see what this one will turn out like I am sure it is going to be special for one lucky winner.

kathy fluta on January 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm
  2. I'm ready to see the" Magic" transformation………..excited!

Marie Talton on January 16, 2013 at 5:24 pm
  3. I'm sooo ready. Bring it!

ZorinaR on January 16, 2013 at 7:40 pm
  4. This will be a great year round escape cabin.

looker19 on January 16, 2013 at 11:43 pm
  5. This would be an answer to a prayer. My husband and I have repeatedly discussed, planned and dreamed of moving to the Outer Banks of North Carolina! We travel to the NC beaches every summer every chance we have! My family and I absolutely love the area, the friendly people and the majestic beauty of mother ocean.
    The 2013 Blog Cabin is going to be gorgeous! I can just picture my husband and I sipping coffee on that breath-taking porch feeling those salt-air breezes! This home has it all!
    The clean lines of new design and the nostalgia of a quaint, lovely cottage. Congratulations DIY…..simply grand!
    Respectfully, Jean E Carter

JeanE Carter on January 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm
  6. This place looks amazing and I look forward to seeing the fabulous job DIY does refurbishing this beach front property. I can't wait to move in, always wanted to live on the beach :)

Shelly T on January 17, 2013 at 1:41 pm
  7. nothing could be finer then to be in carolina

barbie on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 pm
  8. The one problem with any structure by the sea is that you have to specially treat the entire structure to protect it from the salty air. Otherwise, even the most durable wood flooring perth won't last very long.

Oliver on January 18, 2013 at 2:54 am
  9. Great Job DIY I love the location I'd love to retire there with my husband of 44 years. The children and grand children and great grandchildren would also love this great escape. I just might stay year round love it!!!

Faye Wilkerson on January 18, 2013 at 11:15 am
  10. Great looking place. Great place to retire to.

Bill Rowe on January 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm