Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. This is very exciting I cant wait to see the turn out!!!!! :D

katie on January 7, 2013 at 1:11 pm
  2. This old house brings many memories from my child hood.Old screen doors that slam behind us as we went out to play,climb a tree,play in the creek,catch frogs,run to grand parents for a honey comb to chew on,no T.V. only a radio to listen to Grand ole Opra,or grandpa,s ball games. The front porch with chairs to sit and visit or rock as the wind gently cooled us off(no A.C).No Electric and an out house to shelter us while we took care of the necessities of life.I love the old house please save as much as possible for a future generation to enjoy.

Mary on January 7, 2013 at 1:33 pm
  3. Yeah , we love the coast. Can't wait

Jean on January 7, 2013 at 1:37 pm
  4. Beautiful location. Maine was gorgeous but I could not have afforded the property taxes, most people would not have. This place, yes, thank you so much, giving us a place to try and win and want and be able to keep for our families.

Pamela on January 7, 2013 at 4:04 pm
  5. Dreamy location! What could be better than this place on the coast of North Carolina? I would never want to leave.

Dorothy on January 7, 2013 at 4:10 pm
  6. The ocean on the beach and your own beach what else could you ask for.

Diane Lareau on January 7, 2013 at 11:37 pm
  7. This home is something that I could never anticipate owning, and actually living in without thinking of making payments,and losing it because I could't afford it. I am so close to losing everything I own, due to my wife's disability, and my own injury/accident that I was involved in since May of 2011, I do believe in miracles,and given this opportunity to live in peace and tranquility, would definetly be the biggest miracle we could ever imagine. We've had alot of hardship in our lives with losing 2 daughters (Gabrielle and Ezra), along with our latest loss of Jeremiah, who looked so much like me at birth, I could only say that if we indeed did win this precious prize, that God is real, and that He really does loves us. The hands that build it are blessed, not only with the Log Cabin blog, DIY network , and all the hands involved in such a wonderfull adventure,but also with the kind hearted people behind the scenes. Having lived just west of the North Carolina/Tennessee border for 5 years, I can actually see more than just a magnificent home. If you haven't been there,all you can really do is look at some pictures.

Robert Stalowski on January 8, 2013 at 12:16 am
  8. Wow!

Vinnie on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 am
  9. Hey … I thought the house was pretty cool prior to the reno start., and would have been happy to enter a contest to win it then. Watching the progress and still liking it.

Jo-Ann on January 8, 2013 at 12:36 pm
  10. I miss the charm of the old home but L-O-V-E the new floor plan! I agree with a previous poster that requested a sleeping porch and would also like to see access to the potential storage area under the stairs for stashing seasonal items. While the original structure was deemed unsafe can you please reuse non-home quality materials in yard structures/projects to keep them part of the property? Maybe birdhouses using materials from each room. Even better, make multiple purple martin houses as martins feed on mosquitoes and they literally swarm this area in the warmer months!!!

Simona on January 8, 2013 at 3:34 pm