Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. I'm excited about this renovation, I have been waiting to vote on this cabin, This is paradise on earth I hope I win this, I love N.C. Hope you keep the rustic wood furniture, there hard to find. It just needs updating but keep the character of the home.

Barbara on January 5, 2013 at 7:27 pm
  2. The next family crest should say FRANKLIN.

Barbara on January 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm
  3. I Don't Believe That the DIY Team could have chosen a better place then this location. To transform this old
    farmhouse into a beautiful, nice new cabin for some lucky person to own and to enjoy for the rest of their lives!

I know, that I would definitely stay there for as long as I could before I died. I love the fact that it is in a private and seclusive area all to itself and has it own water front propriety and pier. And to think that I could go fishing any time I wanted too, would just be like being in heaven.

No wonder the Robinson Family passed this family home down from generation to generation. They knew
    it was a perfect place to live and raise a family. What more could you ask for, then peace of mind and a peaceful location to live it out on.

Lin on January 6, 2013 at 12:34 am
  4. Love it, thank you hgtv .let me win this time.

sumita biswas on January 6, 2013 at 12:40 pm
  5. Love, love, love this new blog cabin!!! :) Reminds me of Nicholas Sparks novels! Hope 2 win! :) :)

MassachusettsMom5 on January 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm
  6. so sad, another absolutely wonderful old house being 'destroyed'. when this house is done it will have NONE of it's old charm !! . today was the first time i saw this one and was so excited when i first looked at it. maybe some day everyone will appreciate all the old workmanship and strive to keep the reno as true to the house as it should be….

teri on January 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    • It survived many storms including Bertha, Fran, Floyd, Bonnie, Dennis twice (2 weekends in a row) and many more with the most recent bing Sandy. So why was a total tear down and rebuild totally necessary?

Sam on January 8, 2013 at 3:22 pm
  7. I am so excited about this rustic cabin on the water. I am looking forward to retirement in the next coupe of years and am looking forward to a beach somewhere, fishing, sunshine… I am a carpenter's daught and will be watching your progress!

biessy on January 6, 2013 at 10:41 pm
  8. The house has so many salvageable antiques, dishes, books, and beds. I hope to see so many of the furniture pieces reused. These pieces give the house so much history. What a find! Good job!

Sharla on January 7, 2013 at 1:28 am
  9. Beautiful!!!!!! I know this will be as great as the previous blog cabins. Can`t wait.
    :p