Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. Can't wait to see how they change the square footage. 1600 is a bit small. Not greedy mind you, a won lottery is still …Yippeeee! I just cant seem to see how the projects will materialize. All these projects … so many dreams. I want to see design that draws the outside… in.

ormondalliance on December 10, 2012 at 12:16 am
  2. I can not wait for this to start! I hope you use a lot of the old rustic furniture and trunks. They are amazing. I don't know if you have already budgeted for everything yet but it would be cool to try to incorporate some solar energy panels. This is something that I am very interested in and would love to watch how it is done. If not I am sure you will have it on the show another time.

Rebecca on December 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm
    • I agree. Using solar power would enhance the desirability and of course the finances of upkeep. Imagine using those rays for more than a great suntan.
      And wouldn't it be great to have on that pier a solar powered gazebo retreat with small cooking area to cookup those fish.
      Imagine the ceiling fans resembling palm fronds waving the breeze as we stretch out enjoying the water all around. BLISS!

SGHorton on December 12, 2012 at 1:07 pm
  3. There is only one problem………..Oh wait – no there isn't!

Doug on December 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm
  4. I love the idea of having a cabin on the ocean. Man, what a great place this is going to be.

woodworkingdiagrams on December 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm
  5. helped with the voting on the last cabin,cant wait to start on this one!would love to win it.

tonya justus on December 10, 2012 at 10:49 pm
  6. It would be sweet for my wife and i retry. And have kid and grandkids come.

Robert SMITH on December 11, 2012 at 10:56 am
  7. The location for this project is such a beautiful place. Really cant wait to see the transformation.

neeckster2003 on December 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm
  8. true cabin feel to this one

David Morgan on December 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm
  9. I love the location. Does the plans include a safe haven during storms a SAFE room especially reinforced to withstand hurricane winds? Also flooding how does this effect the safety of occupants. Beauty is great but knowing that you will live to enjoy it is even better. Makes the joy more intense if peace of mind is its partner.

SGHorton on December 12, 2012 at 12:56 pm
  10. This is great that they have cabin(house) in NC this time. I have family living out there, and what I've seen of pictures posted, it's a nice state/area. Would be nice to have a nice get away/vacation house like that. It's nice that there's been all these kinda water front homes and such, but will you folks every make it further out to the midwest or further than that to have cabins else where then the cost lines? Just wondering, but definently looking forward to this cabin. I love the beach and ocean scene.

Lady Green on December 12, 2012 at 1:23 pm