Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,400 Comments

1. well Im so happy when are we going to get to apply for this house. please till us

joyce smith on December 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm
  2. this is going to a great renovation. husband and i were married not too far from there 23 years ago. can't wait to see what they do with it. a beautiful area to do this in.

sonia portrey on December 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm
  3. I would love to begin by thanking Mary for keeping all of us up to date and I do hope Miss Josephine and her family are enjoying their beautiful new home. Magnificent choice for 2013 Blog Cabin, it has such a charming home feel laying beneath all those fascinating mature trees, I love mature trees. This 1895 1600sq. ft. enchanting cottage has such great character of its own and posseses lots of potential. Please preserve the gorgeous swing :D Beautiful, breath taking views from the cabin in Atlantic, North Carolina. This town is marvelous and has the most marvelous and speechless beaches. Hands down an amazing choice!

nicholex3 on December 7, 2012 at 11:37 pm
  4. I love living near the ocean. This is my first time to participate and I'm excited.

ROCKYTNMOM on December 8, 2012 at 11:23 am
  5. This will be our first Blog Cabin to get involved with – we are so excited!

SusanandDave on December 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm
  6. Looks like an interesting area. I hope the remodel on the home makes it accessible to all and has two bedrooms plus roll in shower on first floor! 1/2 bath for guests on first floor would be great also. Always like open floor plans as that is the way most people live today. I think it seems a bit small. Maybe there is a way to increase the size to 2,400 or 2,600 sq feet? Anyway I am anxious to follow this one and see how it turns out.

Ladny on December 8, 2012 at 8:05 pm
  7. The more and more I look at this old home the more beautiful it becomes. I am about to retire for medical reasons and will have to have back and neck surgery. I can't think of a more beautiful place to recooperate. I have worked all my life and frankly am scared of what the future will hold. I would love to have this home because I think just getting up every morning and looking out the window every morning would give a person a nice and peaceful feeling. Waking up to the sounds of the ocean and seeing the beautiful country surroundings won't take away your problems but would make you stop and smell the roses. Who ever does get this home will be a very lucky person. I can't wait to see the changes you make as you remodel this treasure to it's natural beauty. Good luck guys!

Rebecca on December 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm
    • I hope that they make the plans in such a way that no matter what age or health needs it is comfortable for all. Handicapp etc. I know that it is small in footage but, what a challenge they would have to make it so. Are the designers up for it? Can't wait to see how it all measures out.

SGHorton on December 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm
  8. The stuff of my dreams ! Hope you will keep the charming fireplace surround ! Love love love this 2013 project !

Rainy on December 9, 2012 at 2:42 pm
  9. Can't wait to see the plans on this one. Please find some way to preserve that porch!

Rex Van Alstine on December 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm
  10. OK…am I crazy or what. I can't find anywhere to enter to win the Blog Cabin 2013. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

fiestagal52 on December 9, 2012 at 11:54 pm
    • Hi fiestagal52, First of all go to the top of this page and go to Blog, then scan down to Nov. 16th., the thread is "Your Man on the Ground." Read the paragraph below his photo, that explains when the renovation will begin and More…I hope this helps!

Jennie/Florida on December 13, 2012 at 8:09 pm