Oct 24

Explore the Blog Cabin 2013 Location

The time has finally arrived: To announce the location of Blog Cabin 2013. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then explore a gallery of gorgeous “before the renovation” photos and the “as is” floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 9:13 am on October 10, 2012

1,399 Comments

1. I could go on & on (and probably will !!) about this one !!! That large living room could be split into living/media rooms. Going back to look at old floor plans again, (warning !!) back soon !!!

gremol on October 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm
    • Although I enjoy sitting down and watching my favorite DIY & HGTV shows I really don’t want to stare at a blank TV especially while I could be watching the surf. So how about an armoire to hide the TV when it is not in use.

Eugenia27 on October 25, 2012 at 7:43 pm
    • Why not have a mirror TV? Mirror by day; TV by night. ;)

Clive on October 25, 2012 at 8:15 pm
    • Wonderful idea !! Maybe I could hide it from the kids so it's not on all the time !!!

gremol on October 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm
    • It's funny that you say that because the photos really do make the house look HUGE! It's a good sized house, but there's not a ton of room in the living room. Although … I wouldn't put it past the BC team to find the space for just about anything!

Alicia9981 on October 28, 2012 at 8:46 pm
    • Nope! My mistake! I didn't realize how they had marked off the "living room" in the floor plan! Their "living room" incorporates the actual living room with the "keeping room" (with the unpainted wooden floors). When you look at it that way, there IS a lot of space!

Alicia9981 on October 28, 2012 at 10:52 pm
  2. Oh !! In real Cabin tradition……..how about some treatments on at least some of the windows ?? !!! Nothing says 'homey' like curtains/drapes !!!

gremol on October 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm
  3. I'm so excited & I just can't hide it !!!! I'll try to not lose control !!!

gremol on October 24, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    • You are too funny, Gremol ! Glad you are enjoying this new possibility. <3

LLColeman on October 25, 2012 at 4:26 am
  4. I'm ready!! :) YaHoo!! :)

Michele Bernier on October 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm
  5. So Happy and Excited!! :)

Michele Bernier on October 24, 2012 at 4:11 pm
    • Bring it on. I'm ready!!!!!!!

Sharon Chapman on November 1, 2012 at 1:23 pm
    • It's everything I want and more. Let's Go!

Linda Kay on November 20, 2012 at 6:59 pm
  6. Mary, Thank you to and DIY for listening to the bloggers and finding such a beautifully serene location. The 2013 Blog Cabin is a true diamond in the rough.

bythebaydreamer on October 24, 2012 at 4:12 pm
  7. I'm SO Happy and Excited!! Lets' Go :)

Michele Bernier on October 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm
  8. I'm Ready to Relocate to N.C. :)

Michele Bernier on October 24, 2012 at 4:20 pm
  9. Now this is a cabin…Hope they keep the fireplace this time. Love the beach. That's the only thing I miss about California. The beach's… Can't wait toget started.

vicki_in_Utah on October 24, 2012 at 4:40 pm
  10. The beauty is evident in the "before" state, it's gonna be spectacular after!!!

Dee on October 24, 2012 at 4:43 pm