Oct 11

The Blog Cabin 2012 Winner Drawing

Yes, indeed, fans. We randomly selected the winner of the Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway! For those curious about the drawing process, please watch the following video. Just a note: Lottery balls numbered one through five designate mail-in entries and lottery balls numbered six through 542 designate online entries. When the representative selects the ball, she reads its batch number to know whether to head to a specific bin, dump its contents on the floor and pull out one mail-in entry or head to the computer to type in the batch number and let the computer randomly select one online entry. It’s all pretty serious business!

We will announce the name of the winner in late October. Keep checking back here for details!

• Posted at 5:29 pm on October 10, 2012

1. Almost forgot.. Thank you, Mary for the video. It was great to see how this drawing played out. I can hardly wait to see who the winner was. Also I would like to thank everyone at Diy Network for giving us the chance to win this amazing home.

StormyWV on October 13, 2012 at 6:48 pm
  2. I began feeling depressed until I continued reading thru the blogs. It appears there is a "split of opinion" going on. Since I like to have "hope", I'm going to side with the folks who believe the call was from last year and not this year's winner. Other wise it takes all the fun & excitement out of it. A girl's gotta' dream…

StellaF on October 13, 2012 at 7:51 pm
  3. Does this mean that the winner has already been notified?

audwanna on October 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm
  4. I can't hardly breathe! Oh to be so lucky. I would SOO cherish this home.

Cynthia on October 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm
  5. It wasn't meant to be for me. However, I do wish the winner many years of joy & continued blessings!

chewag01 on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 pm
  6. Glad to see the process of the selection of the winner. Congratulations to the winner, whomever they may be!!! This home is beautiful and will give great blessings to whomever the winner is. :)

minnesnowda on October 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  7. I am super excited for whom ever wins this house. I so hope it is me and my daughter, lots of luck to you all and congratulations to the winner.

jessyizhere on October 13, 2012 at 10:33 pm
  8. It's time to move on but I'm not giving up. I'll continue searching for my little slice of heaven. Next stop, Union Maine. Has anyone ever been there and how does it compare to Waldoboro? Here's a link to the home I'll be looking at. It's not as grand as BC 2012 but still has that old world charm. :)

Day Dreamer on October 14, 2012 at 8:13 am
    • Union is nice, it's more farm country, and only ten minutes from Waldoboro!

Stephanie on October 14, 2012 at 10:18 am
    • Thanky you! If the land warratns a garden,I'll be in 7th heaven. :)

Day Dreamer on October 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    • enjoyed perusing the real estate site – thank you!

MLMcK on October 14, 2012 at 10:54 am
    • I don't know anything about Union, but the house is very nice. It looks comfortable and cozy. The other thing about it being so new is that it won't (shouldn't) need any work. The grounds around the house are pretty. Good luck with this.:)

bythebaydreamer on October 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm
    • Nice Home! Union a nice town, it has the blueberry fair there, good place for kids in 4-H.
      Here's a nice house in Windsor a little on the high side for the price, but look what you get for your money. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/

Here's another nice place, gives you 2 seasons to view it in, house is in Jefferson. http://www.trulia.com/property/3014165970-37-Caro

home_girl on October 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm
    • Very nice Home_girl, I'd take either one.

vicki_in_Utah on October 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    • I particularly liked the 2nd one, Day Dreamer! Take a peek! Thanks, Rhonda!:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    • Ken
      we have a fair here called the command ground fair in Unity Maine that teaches about back to nature kind of things. Very interesting fair, draws folks from around the world to it. Link below. It happens in Sept you just missed it, unless you already know about it and been there. We work in the poultry barn for years now. Go check it out if you are interested in gardening & farming. http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/tabid/135/Default.as

home_girl on October 15, 2012 at 10:47 am
    • Day Dreamer here's a farm that I always thought I would like to have one day in Jefferson. Check it out….

Fabulous hillside farm or campus property. Orchards, fields, woods plus house and three major out buildings on 23 south facing acres. Many updates and well maintained. All for $355,000

home_girl on October 15, 2012 at 8:29 pm
  9. On to HGTV and the Urban Oasis entry until tomorrow at 5. You could take the proceeds from there and buy your own Maine cabin.

Nebraska on October 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm
    • Hi Nebraska! how you feeling? So sorry you didn't win! Bummer! Thanks for the UO reminder! There's the $100,000 sweepstakes too–that's not too shabby. good luck to you ALWAYS!!!xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm
  10. :pHmmm…. Womans' voice…. Bloggie missing in Action! Hmmmm…Again? :pRUFFY??? Where are you? :pAshtabulannie, please report? :p WINDEE??? Ahem!!! Where have you been lately? Could one of you be EXPECTING–A SET OF KEYS??? :*B):p Kitty the Kurious!

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    • We haven't heard from Lily lately either….HMMMM. Could it be her?

bythebaydreamer on October 14, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    • I saw that Lily did write a blog response. Could still be her though….I wish whoever the winner is lots of happiness in their new Maine home.<3

bythebaydreamer on October 14, 2012 at 7:02 pm
    • Yes, Lily poked her head in, I think I recall.:) Sorry Hokiemom! Good ideas on new Blog Cabin! Pokonos or Earie, PA are nice. Some awesome, pristine, mountain lakes in New Mexico! Gee, we have a GREAT COUNTRY!!! :D xDB)<3 Kitty

P.S. Ruffy??? Windee??? Did you get THE ring-a-ding-ding? Please chime in! We Bloggies are wonderin'…yay, nay, are you OK? We love you!!!:*<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm
    • Oh wouldn't that be just great if one of the bloggers won the BC? I would be so happy for them.

vicki_in_Utah on October 14, 2012 at 11:13 pm
    • Windee :) Checking in……wasn't me they called :( Could it be Mel?…..didn't see a post from her. Well, to ever it was "Best Wishes to you with your new BC!" Congratulations!….Wishing you God's Best and the financial assistance to be able to keep it should you need it!…
      Would also like to say, even though I haven't been blogging on a regular basis, I have enjoyed being part of the process and enjoyed everyones bloggs when here. Can't tell you how many times you all have made me laugh and smile and have given me food for thought with your kind ideas to help others should you have won!…….A heart felt "Thank You" to all the BC bloggers and DIY for making this all possible, it was fun :) ……………………………………………………………………………. <3 Windee :)

Windee :) on October 15, 2012 at 7:16 pm
    • Hey not me! Must be someone else again! I'm off to start tracking down clues to the next blog cabin! Had clue withdrawal over the early announcement of the new smart home. I live for those clues!!! Like the idea of Pennsylvania. I suspect Mary might have some fondness for that neck of the woods. I adore Bucks county, and New Hope area. Nice to do something in Washington State for sure!!!! Give the west coast some love! How about Ohio, Wisconsin or the UP? JA! I just got back from Rhinelander, Wisconsin. OMG!!!! It was absolutely beautiful! Trees at the peak of purrrrfection! Areas totally ignored by DIY and Scripps.

Kudos Mary! Loved your info on how prize winners were selected. I hope this puts to rest all those negative speculations etc. You have a wonderful stage presence. Why are you not doing more in front of the camera! HEY DIY CEO give that gal a promotion!!! I assume Mary of the blogs and Mary of the selection process are both the same? Keep up the great work Mary! Hokiemom

Ashtabulannie on October 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm
    • We live 80 miles from Rhinelander and we have had days of the winds and lots of drizzles! We were up in Copper Country week end before last and it was GEORGEOUS.

karen on October 15, 2012 at 6:50 am
    • Hi Karen, It is beautiful country up there for sure! Great food, great people, ran into the Hoedag! Wow what an awesome beast. The day we left it started to get windy. Sad about all the Birch trees dying. Devastating. Meredith Lake was pretty low and guess they've had a lot of drought conditions. Really enjoyed the Cranberry Bog tour! That was absolutely one of the highlights. Very educational and now I have 20 lbs of cranberries. However I did not especially like the cranberry wine. I think it is an acquired taste. Loved the fresh honey with the light tart taste. Again wonderful friendly engaging people. You are a lucky gal to live in such a beautiful place. Get those snow shoes out and cross country skies. We then went down to Chicago to see the Notre Dame/Miami game. Poor Miami team froze their you know what off. ND won. Great drive home.

Ashtabulannie on October 15, 2012 at 11:21 am
    • Kind of sad it wasn't me. I would have loved to host you for a visit!

Nebraska on October 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm
    • That is Sooooo thoughtful, Charlotte! I would have definitely wanted to do the same with you! It is so bittersweet. That Maine place really became very special. May the winner enjoy it immensely and make countless dreams there….

Have you thought of any new places you would like for BC? I've begun tossing out ideas. Best to you always Good Luck on Urban Oasis!!! !xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm