Sep 27

Wouldn’t You Like These House Keys?

Blog Cabin 2012 House Keys

Time is running out. The Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway entry period ends tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET. Have you been entering twice online daily? Gosh, I hope so!

Let’s do a little daydreaming today. If the phone happens to ring, you answer it and the voice on the other end of the line says, “You are the new owner of Blog Cabin 2012,” what will you do first? When you are handed the keys (yes, those are the actual house keys shown above) and proceed to unlock the door to your new home, what room will you explore first?

• Posted at 1:20 pm on September 9, 2012

1. This is the last day to enter online to win the great Blog Cabin. No matter who wins, it has been lots of fun. Thank you Mary for keeping us up to date, and Chris Grundy and the talented craftspeople from DIY and HGTV for keeping us informed and amused. Thank you fellow bloggers for making such great choices in design and products. What a dream to win this incredible vacation retreat. It truly is a retreat. Good Luck everyone!

bythebaydreamer on September 28, 2012 at 1:15 am
  2. If I were to get that call the first thing I would do would be pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming then thank god and DIY Blog for picking me. The room I would explore first would be the kitchen so that I could make a big dinner and invite the Blogers.

Carmen Burgos on September 28, 2012 at 1:15 am
  3. A big thank you to Dylan Eastman for coming all the way to Maine from VA, where he had done such great work on the 2011 Blog Cabin. So reassuring that you brought your expertise to help this Maine beauty renew !

LLColeman on September 28, 2012 at 3:35 am
    • You're so right, LL, as always! Yes, Dylan–you did a fab job in Matthews, next door to where I live, in Chesapeake, VA, and I followed you all the way. Thank you for pulling it all together at Waldoboro as well! My maternal ancestry colonized Maine and my heart is drawn to there forever. What a DREAMY place You and DIY staff, Crashers and Contractors Built!!! Pitter Patter goes my heart…!!! Just longing and longing…!!!^_^<3<3<3 Thank you DIY!xD KITTY ZAUGG

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm
  4. my disabled triplets and nine older children grown and husband loves to fish and hunt,he worked over 35 years for ferdral prison and work duty sheriff and retired from prison job..oh jesus this would be like heaven on earth..i just get so excited thinking if i won it ..i would invite everybody to come on over…oh will its just a dream..who ever wins god bless you and happy for who ever..

karen on September 28, 2012 at 5:14 am
  5. Wow, what a dream that would truley be! The phone ringing and you being told that you now are the proud and gifted owner of blog cabin 2012. I guess my first reaction would be to cry tears of joy, a new life and adventure would await, get down on my knees and give thanks. Inform my boys that their dream of a farm has come true. We would definetly have to by winter clothes! Where would we explore first ? hmmmm I don't Think we would know where to start, from the beautiful views to the gorgeous rooms, to the endless posibilities of the barn. Wow what a dream, Thank-you for giving us this moment.

polarbears6cubs on September 28, 2012 at 5:47 am
  6. I have no idea what I would do. I have dreamed of winning as I am sure all the bloggers have. But to find out my dream had became a reality. There would not be enough words to say how thankful I would be. And it is certain that I would cry from joy for many days.

StormyWV on September 28, 2012 at 6:35 am
  7. I would thank my Father, My King for the beautiful gift that He has chosen to bestow upon my family. It would be so wonderful. I would cry with tears of joy and thankfulness and prepare to enjoy this amazing home. The first place that I would check out is the kitchen. I love the openess of the space and the table would easily fit my family of 7 plus our dog (Well he would not actually be sitting at the table) :) . Next I would explore the outdoor space, I can't wait to walk around the property and let our kids loose on the acreage and have adventures. Then I would go back inside and just sit in the living room and enjoy the view of the water while cozying up to the fire.

minnesnowda on September 28, 2012 at 7:12 am
  8. My next stop would be the mega den. My family will enjoy playing games at the amazing table with the former gutters of the home and of course will settle in front of the television to watch their favorite shows. For the readers in my family, (of which there are many), they will enjoy the cozy nook for their favorite book at the moment or taking a nap. Last but not least, I would explore each of the bedrooms. Each space has it's own story to tell and is very tastefully decorated. I love the keeping the old while blending it with the new. Yes, I love this new home and should I be blessed with this gift, my family will enjoy it to the fullest.

minnesnowda on September 28, 2012 at 7:13 am
  9. I would look at the big red barn!!!! Dreams come true….

Gennie on September 28, 2012 at 7:57 am
  10. This is it people! Watched the BC last night made me even more excited to think of winning, Hubby & I both were laughing and talking about if we won this home!! Just entered for the last time, as much as I want this home and live in Maine I wish everyone Good Luck in Winning!! This is going to be a life changing experiance for some lucky person!! Off to work can't wait for a call……

Blaze on September 28, 2012 at 8:26 am