Sep 27

Wouldn’t You Like These House Keys?

Blog Cabin 2012 House Keys

Time is running out. The Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway entry period ends tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET. Have you been entering twice online daily? Gosh, I hope so!

Let’s do a little daydreaming today. If the phone happens to ring, you answer it and the voice on the other end of the line says, “You are the new owner of Blog Cabin 2012,” what will you do first? When you are handed the keys (yes, those are the actual house keys shown above) and proceed to unlock the door to your new home, what room will you explore first?

• Posted at 1:20 pm on September 9, 2012

1. just looking at those keys my stomach gets quezy and my heart begins to race breath alittle faster and bite my lower lips first i would thank the Lord Jesus in which all things are possible if you come to my door i would diffently start with my seeing the keys i would scream cry jump have to sit down (it is a beautiful thing to say you won ) i would get up and hug and thank everyone -they are of course in my house down south then ill have to convince myself its real -my dreams have come true the first place id visit is master bath i may even close door and try it out who knows then i think i would go to the beautiful outside front -back doesnt matter and breathe in air and smell the medomak river i just cannot wait sad in a way signing up for contest over but good luck to everyone ps i want to make maine and home my home not just summer home orto sell it i am ready for myy move

bogeyandbacall on September 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm
  2. I would be estatic, probably dancing a little and my dog looking at me like I'm crazy, until he finds out that he's got a big new yard to play in!! This house would be the greatest gift that I know all my friends and family will appreciate. How could anyone choose which room to look at first? All of them were crafted so well by each of the designers and their dedicated team members, I think I would be a bit overwhemled! But if I had to choose JUST one room, it would definitly be the kitchen because that's where I love to try out new recipes for myself and my furry critters. My fingers, toes, and even Moose's paws are crossed too. God luck to you all and whoever recieves this precious gift is in for a wonderful suprise tomorrow.

Equestrian591 on September 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm
  3. I grew up in a house with a staircase that I slid down as a kid, so my first thing to check out would be the bannister!!!! Silly, I know, but I've always been fascinated with them. Love reading the posts you all have put on here, will miss talking about this beautiful place!! God bless all and good luck in the drawing!! And Mary, thank you and the diy team and all the crashers of blog cabin!!!! I know you poured a lot of sweat into all the hard work you all did, it WAS worth it!!! Take care and stay healthy!!!

Penginsmomina on September 27, 2012 at 7:47 pm
    • I used to slide down my Maine Grandparent's staircase! Thanks for reminding me! Happy Memories!<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 27, 2012 at 8:21 pm
    • that was when I was a kid in Ohio, Canton area, we lived in a big house that had this awesome staircase, so I slid down the bannister all the time, I was such a tomboy!!!!LOL My dad's family is still there, but we moved from there after the divorce, so didn't get to see them again until 30 years later!!!! Want to go back n visit again, but u know how the money goes!!! Glad to hear someone else remember that as much as me!! take care:D

Penginsmomina on October 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm
    • Oh, I was also a tom boy! loved that stair rail! Didn't get to do the slide often, because my parents were overseas missionaries and we were gone and lived much more simply in Brazil. Wonderful memories made with imagination though, if not money…it's the best.:DxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on October 4, 2012 at 11:07 pm
    • sorry for not gettin back sooner, but have been working alot of overtime!!!=/ sounds like u got to be in some cool places growing up, me just in the U. S.!! hope u all r doin ok!!!:D

Penginsmomina on October 29, 2012 at 5:52 pm
  4. I would probably think it wasn't true and when reality set in I would probably start crying so hard then drop to my knees and THANK MY LORD & SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST because I have prayed about this house many times!! then when I finally stopped crying and could talk I would call my husband and tell him to get home, RIGHT NOW!
    Drive as fast as I could to Waldoboro and run around to the back deck and start screaming and dancing, then sit down and enjoy that breathtaking view and Praise God again :) ^_^^_^<3 then run over to the barn and start planning that barn dance for all the bloggers ^_^<3

heaven-bound23 on September 27, 2012 at 7:48 pm
    • Amen! ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm
    • Good Luck Kitty!! I have enjoyed all of your entries and look forward to many more on the next project. Wishing you all the best ^_^<3

heaven-bound23 on September 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm
  5. If I am the one to get "the call" telling me that I just won the Blog Cabin 2012 and the first thing I would do is say "OMG, OMG, is it true, did I really win the Blog Cabin 2012? My dreams have come true"!!! My husband hearing the noise comes into the room and wonders what is going on. He can't believe that I won. I have been entering twice a day,and talking nonstop about the Blog Cabin. I would have to call my sister who has been entering too and tell her that I won, and she will still has a "place at the beach" to come and stay. My whole family would be so excited. How my life would change! Prayers will be answered. I would be so thankful.

With keys in hand, shaking, I would open the new front entrance way and first enter the mudroom, then the living room, taking in all the sights, sounds, smells of a newly renovated home. I would peer out the windows in the living room to the field and the water…..pinch me, I must be dreaming..

Thank you Mary for bringing this to us. We have all had lots of fun blogging and dreaming of being the luckiest person to win. HGTV and DIY rock!!!

bythebaydreamer on September 27, 2012 at 9:11 pm
  6. 10 item to-do list:
    1. Take time off from work
    2. Put my own "ready to sell" house on market.
    3. Fly 1000 miles north & have mom and family meet me at airport.
    4. Buy a pumpkin for front stoop of BC, and apples & flour for a pie, and coffee
    5. Bake pie in new oven, and eat pie while planning new life. (Mom at 76 is a mean baker, she'll help)
    6. Go out for lobstah dinnah and continue life planning
    7. Look at the stah filled sky, and go to bed
    8. Wake up to new life and left-over apple pie for breakfast
    9. Count my luck stahs and give thanks for all things great and small
    10. Decide how to give back to community that is my new home. Home sweet coastal home.
    Dreams come true

idplacemaker on September 27, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    • Greetings Fellow Bloggers! Would probably add a "Grundy" chocolate cake to the pie since he asked for that as well as some steaks :) Truly Lilly

Lilly on September 28, 2012 at 11:02 am
    • What a great list!!! LOVE IT :)

heaven-bound23 on September 28, 2012 at 12:29 pm
  7. The kitchen. Can't wait to have coffee and cake with some new neighbors ! The barn . How cool is that !
    I've never been in a barn before. My family and I could have some great Halloween parties in there !

yecartleknes on September 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm
  8. I wanted to be the last post although I know others stay up past my bedtime. I'll miss this ritual. Good night and good luck!

ksboiko on September 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm
  9. If i got the call I’d think it was a joke from fiance. Then if they told me it wasnt I’d probably be speachless and then thank the lord that dreams do come true. Winning this beautiful home, would be a sign, that everything happens for a reason. My future mother inlaw always wanted to visit Maine. The views are awesome, overlooking the water, it would be a great place for a wedding and a great way to get her out there. I’ll be wishfully waiting for the call DIY :)

Erin on September 27, 2012 at 10:20 pm
  10. I'm thinking the very first thing I would have to do is call for help from real estate people and tax people because we could NEVER afford the taxes and insurance. We would have to sell the place as quickly as possible and try to come out a wee bit ahead of the game. It is very nice but we don't have that kind of money.

karen on September 27, 2012 at 10:24 pm
    • As much as I could only dream of ever living in a home so nice, I'd have to do the same. I've been out of work since March and couldn't even afford to fly to Maine at this point.

It's a shame that the sweeps aren't really set up to where an average American with debt, living paycheck to paycheck could realistically move into the home.
      In fact they'd be hard pressed to find a winner with the savings ready to jump into that! Also the location is too remote to easily find work in the area to sustain the home.
      It would be a great space to start your own business, provided you have the start up capitol.

AmbushMe2 on October 20, 2012 at 10:14 pm