Sep 27

Wouldn’t You Like These House Keys?

Blog Cabin 2012 House Keys

Time is running out. The Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway entry period ends tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET. Have you been entering twice online daily? Gosh, I hope so!

Let’s do a little daydreaming today. If the phone happens to ring, you answer it and the voice on the other end of the line says, “You are the new owner of Blog Cabin 2012,” what will you do first? When you are handed the keys (yes, those are the actual house keys shown above) and proceed to unlock the door to your new home, what room will you explore first?

• Posted at 1:20 pm on September 9, 2012

1. Oh how exciting! If I am contacted and told that I am the winner of this home, I will most likely jump up and down and scream "YAY!!!!!!" When can I move in?

Summer on September 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm
  2. If I win, I would first explore every room on the first floor of the home including the backyard outdoor living area. Next, I would go upstairs and explore the media room first, then the office, the guest suite, the spare bedroom, and finally the guest bathroom. The loft looks like a great place to use as storage, but that can be determined after I win this home. I love the above photo of the keys! Thanks Mary!

Summer on September 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm
  3. I honestly don't know what I would do if I got that phone call, such luck is just beyond my wildest dreams. I do know that I am already happy and blessed as my life is now, and so I wish that whoever wins will also have a long and happy life in this beautiful home. Thank you so very much DIY, HGTV and sponsors, and especially thank you to my blogger friends. It has truly been a delight sharing the dream with each of you!

SID on September 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm
    • Thank you, Sid! I feel the same way! Good luck to you and I hope you keep on blogging! :) xD<3Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    • Kitty, in case you or I don't win it and you don't become my neighbor, it was wonderful meeting you in person and all the other bloggers on line and I hope you come visit when you're back in Maine next year (assuming we're still here and haven't been raptured yet).

Camac on September 28, 2012 at 1:19 am
    • Sounds like a great arrangement–LOVE to get together around same time next year–if we haven't been Raptured yet–then we'd be together too, come to think of it :D ! What Joy! If the Lord allowed us to be neighbors, at least part of the year, Gary and I could pitch in on stuff for you–like your squirrel- chewed electrical wires, that I am still concerned about–Gary's handy with electrical. Could watch your pet kitty, water plants when you go out of town, etc. We'd have a good ole' time! Well it's lots of dreaming on my part, for, as generous a prize as BC is the ARV Federal tax. City and State taxes, transfer and recording/closing fees are quite high for even the most reasonably resourceful person. Lots of prayer, consulting with experts in their fields and thought needs to go into this, and I understand DIY Gives a 5-day window for the commitment letter. Hope You win.Then you can chose which property to keep and maybe sell the other .Leftovers take care of your retirement. :) <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 am
    • The BC is certainly a better built house than mine, and it does have more room than what I have, but I really like being down in the woods near the river. So . if I won, I think I'd choose to stay where I am- I certainly couldn't afford both, much less the taxes and fees. I think the country is at the point of needing us to fast and pray for the next 40 days and let God do His will with our future. As Chronicles says, “If my people who are called by my name (in other words the Believers) will humble themselves and pray….”

Camac on September 29, 2012 at 12:51 am
    • Here! Here! Mel , You hit the nail on the head! This DIY Blog Cabin is GREEN from the heart, wherever it can be… Good job!xD:*<3Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    • That Scripture comes to heart a lot lately! My Mom had a little plaque in her room that said, "Prayer Changes Things" which I kept after she died–I always loved it! It is so true and we must really pray for our Nation and People for so many are hurting…. That's where much focus needs to be–seeking God's desire for our Country and His solutions for all the brokenness of our systems–may we once again become a Nation who's God is the God of our Forefathers!<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    • City taxes too? Do you know % that would be?

karen on September 29, 2012 at 9:25 am
    • Hi Karen! I don't recall the city property tax % but I understand that it is high. The irony of so many people being Conservationists and putting property under the Conservation of the Non-Profit Medomak Valey Land Trust as a tax incentive (same charity that DIY donated 30 acres of the former Robie family land, which was part of the Blog Cabin original property; is, exactly that: so many people have done so, therefore the city of Waldoboro finds itself desperately trying to locate money for city services and schools. My guess is, based upon similar sized land and houses on Dutch Neck Rd., that annual property taxes are going to run around $8,000+ -. That's a rough guess. I may be way off, but from perusing other real estate for sale properties, that's what I come up with. You can Google the City of Waldoboro and find the Tax assessor's office and probably get much better info there. You would want to make sure your 1st year as winner, that they aren't assessing you for the 30 acres across the street!B)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    • I will most certainly be following the 2013 cabin – if DIY generously provides us another opportunity. I follow all the HGTV builds, but this is the only site where I blog- just because this is such a special, kind and friendly group. Good luck to you as well Kitty!<3:D<3

SID on September 28, 2012 at 10:41 am
    • Come on over to HGTV Dream Home & Smart Home blogs !! Most of us on here are on there too !! You are more than welcome to join in !!

gremol on September 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    • Sid I tried but just couldn't get into the other blogs. I think I shall try again. I've been invested in the BC blog. You're right about this group being kind and friendly. and we've had some fun parties and story telling too. Wishing you the best of luck.!!! xD^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 am
  4. I would thank God, thank DIY, run to the shoreline, jump in the water w/ dog, run back and then invite all the neighbors & bloggers over for a party :)

victoria on September 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm
    • Ditto victoria! Gotta break in that beautiful grill! Mmmmmm, I can just smell the burgers and grilled chicken now : )

Equestrian591 on September 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm
    • yummy!

i'll bake that chocolate cake for the diy crew.

victoria on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 pm
    • You know that Grundy would LOVE that!!

Equestrian591 on September 28, 2012 at 9:15 am
    • Water in Maine is very cold this time of year! Maybe you should make sure there is a towel warmer in the house first lol

MEah@heart on October 4, 2012 at 12:04 pm
    • lol – Sounds like a plan, but having been to Waldoboro I'd caution that the water is so cold. Still, it's a beautiful shoreline and property.

Geoff Meissner on October 9, 2012 at 10:35 am
  5. Don't forget to watch the DIY hour long special tonight – 9:00 pm eastern time!:D

SID on September 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm
    • I was surprised that Victoria Lesser never appeared in any of the shows- unless I missed her appearance.

Camac on September 28, 2012 at 1:20 am
    • Best to you, Carole!!! :) Today's last day to enter. May you be blessed! Victoria did appear last night in a couple of places and made comments. The show was interesting, yet it did pull in some of the earlier Crasher show clips, which was understandable. What I did catch twice was an emphatic comment that a Blogger may win this. I've been saying that since the beginning, may a Blogger win! Others have said it too! I'm so privileged to have gotten to meet you personally when I was up in Maine! Keep on blogging with us in the NEXT DIY Blog Cabin–You've been GREAT to have along!!! :D ;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    • Big grin. I think you have the right answer/idea!

kimberly on September 29, 2012 at 7:12 pm
    • I can't even imagine! What a dream! I think our boys would run down to the water first with our two dogs! It would probably take us an hour to get them inside to see everything! I would love to see all the cousins playing cards in that play area. Such a great remodel! I just love seeing all the special touches that went into this house. It's a perfect place for family gatherings. What a blessing it will be for one lucky family….hopefully mine!

Amanda on October 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm
  6. My bags are already packed and I am ready to make a trip to the airport. Maine, here I come!

Summer on September 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm
  7. This is so exciting!

Angela on September 27, 2012 at 5:18 pm
  8. I would jump up and down and run out of breath with OMGs! I've been living in this dream since the Blog Cabin began. I've explored the house and grounds both on line and on the tv recordings so many times, I can walk through each room in my mind as if I live there already. I've dreamed of being in every room and every space on the property. My husband would do his stained glass work in the barn; I would read a book in the nook upstairs; I would write my stories in the spare bedroom sitting room; we would sit and chat with friends in the kitchen; my son would want to visit us more; my granddaughter would play in the loft and game room and explore the barn; my dogs would run around in the vast back yard; my husband would fish off the river; we would sit on the bench at the river edge and hold hands and watch the World go by. I would sleep soundly in the bed and listen to the stillness of the night with a happy heart and know that it doesn't get better than this. Thank you DIY for giving me these memories.

My Happy Place on September 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm
  9. Mary I would SCREAM, CRY, JUMP for JOY!!!! Taking the keys and opening the door to this beautiful home I would touch every fiber of that house as I walked through it…smelling the smell only a new home has…enjoying every view of all the beautiful items old and new that was chosen for this home…Wish me luck!

Blaze on September 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm
  10. I really don't know what I would do, but I would check out the master bedroom and the master bath first, then run to the kitchen, check out all the goodies, then the living room, then the Guest bedroom and guest bath, then check out the patio area and the outside patios…. Then when it gets dark, I can't wait to turn all the outside lights on and go outside and look at the house!! :-)

bevmontana on September 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm