Sep 27

Wouldn’t You Like These House Keys?

Blog Cabin 2012 House Keys

Time is running out. The Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway entry period ends tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET. Have you been entering twice online daily? Gosh, I hope so!

Let’s do a little daydreaming today. If the phone happens to ring, you answer it and the voice on the other end of the line says, “You are the new owner of Blog Cabin 2012,” what will you do first? When you are handed the keys (yes, those are the actual house keys shown above) and proceed to unlock the door to your new home, what room will you explore first?

• Posted at 1:20 pm on September 9, 2012

1. I don't have any idea !! If I got a phone call saying I had won, I'd probably think someone was pulling my leg !!! If it were true & had keys in hand, opening front door, I'd probably just meander from room to room looking at whatever caught my eye first !! Of course, I'd have to meander several times & hope that the plumbing worked 'cause I'd really need it !!!

gremol on September 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm
  2. I would scream and jump in excitement like a little kid in Christmas day!

The first room I'd visit is… gosh so hard to decide… probably the living room or the backyard!

I'm soooooo hoping I win, we so need a new beginning in our life

Gina on September 27, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    • so do i

breezy on October 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm
  3. I would have my house packed in a week and never look back.
    Kiss the keys.
    Probably before entering any room I would sit on the back deck and just look at the beauty, thank God, and Sigh. ….
    then commence to locating the area where I will set up my writing desk. Maine in winter..a writers dream!

AngelWolff on September 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm
  4. I would say, "I am truly blessed and one very lucky person! Thank you, God and DYI Blog Cabin Crew!" I will be exploring the kitchen first and then the rest of this wonderful Maine Blog Cabin. Waiting to hear from you soon!<3

Lori S. on September 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm
  5. The kitchen and dining area for sure!

Lindy on September 27, 2012 at 4:08 pm
  6. Is it wrong that I would like to use the door knocker and knock to have Grundy open the door with keys in hand and say "Welcome Home" ?

That would just be so awesome. I will probably cry….I hate to cry in front of people but it would truly be tears of Joy with a lot of Praising being behind it.

Donna on September 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm
  7. I say Yes Lord Yes to thy will and to to thy way. ……and my answer will be Yes Lord Yes

Donna on September 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm
  8. I would wander to the kitchen to see how much trouble I will have putting in my 60 inch copper colored double oven range (and cabinets) and XL hood- where the "coffee bar" is! The coffee bar is going where the current range is.

Nebraska on September 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    • That sounds like a good plan Nebraska. There is already a pot filler for filling the coffee maker! Good luck to you.

SweetLiz on October 2, 2012 at 3:28 pm
  9. I'm thinking a little screaming and dancing around would be in order!!!!! :D I would probably explore every room and check out all the awesome personal touches we watched Grundy and the crew put into this amazing place!!!! So excited!!!!!

Lorrie on September 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm
  10. Like LadyByrd, the first thing I would do was Thank God! The next thing, I would Thank everyone at the DIY Network invoved in creating and presenting this incredible Blog Cabin! The first room I would explore is, obviously, the one on the other side of the door that the keys open. However, I would very quickly and happily explore the whole of this unbelievably perfect 'new' home – enjoying looking at all that was accomplished by the amazingly talented DIY teams! You truly have created a perfect Blog Cabin Daydream for us all to participate in enjoying. Good Luck to Everyone!

Lester B. on September 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm