Sep 27

Wouldn’t You Like These House Keys?

Blog Cabin 2012 House Keys

Time is running out. The Blog Cabin 2012 Giveaway entry period ends tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET. Have you been entering twice online daily? Gosh, I hope so!

Let’s do a little daydreaming today. If the phone happens to ring, you answer it and the voice on the other end of the line says, “You are the new owner of Blog Cabin 2012,” what will you do first? When you are handed the keys (yes, those are the actual house keys shown above) and proceed to unlock the door to your new home, what room will you explore first?

• Posted at 1:20 pm on September 9, 2012

1. The first thing I will do is thank God, that I was picked. The second thing I would do is Thank DIY. The first room I will explore will probably be the kitchen and that area in the corner by the window. I really love this house; it was done up real good! Grundy makes me laugh… Please call me.

ladybyrd on September 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    • I could not agree more, but would have trouble deciding which room to check first; they are all awesume. As a descendant of settlers of Old Broad Bay, present day Waldoboro, in the 1700's, it would be fantastic to return there. What about the view and have you ever had the chocolate cream pie at Moody's diner?

OldBroadBay1 on October 1, 2012 at 6:10 am
    • I have never had chocolate cream pie or any other pie at Moody's diner. Sounds yummy! Good Luck!

bythebaydreamer on October 1, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    • Their pies are wicked good!

OldBroadBay1 on October 2, 2012 at 6:17 am
    • The view is the icing on the cake. I can really see myself out on the deck or down at that bench that Matt Blashaw made writing poetry. Never been to Maine so I haven't had the chocolate cream pie. I am wondering if I can try my hand at making some blueberry cobbler.

ladybyrd on October 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm
    • Moody's definitely has the best chocolate cream pie, but it's also hard to pass up their 4 berry pie.

Camac on October 4, 2012 at 10:44 pm
    • It's amazing what can be done to an old structure and the location is beautiful. I too would be giving thanks to God for this opportunity. I have been supporting my daughter and grandson for the elast few years because of the terrible economy. Her friend, who got cancer and had a mastectomy, was evicted so I took her and her 2 little girls in as well. My primary job is working with people struggling with substance abuse. I had to get a second job to help with the bills but am still falling behind every month. I am also going to school full time, and at almost 62 it is a lot for me. Winning this house would be a dream come true for me….a miracle actually.
      Patty

Patty on October 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm
    • Patty, it is so wonderful of you to have such a giving and loving heart. Whether or not you win this prize, may the Lord grant you favor and good success. May He give increase to you that you have more than enough . May He grant you miracles upon miracles that you lack not. May it overflow even to those in your household.

ladybyrd on October 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm
  2. I can't wait!!

xocoholic on September 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm
  3. I would scream first, so as soon as the person calling says that to me, please hold the phone away from your ear!! When I open the door, I think I might just stand for a moment without moving and take it in. I know it will be a bit overwhelming but I am ready! : )

Deanna G. on September 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm
  4. I love the cabin but I really want to see what's behind it and what kind of wild life is around. I would spend some time in the kitchen and then go see the nook. It looks so comfy!

xocoholic on September 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    • I wish they would walk the Prop. with a camara

GidgetandLucy on September 27, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    • I do too, but I am thinking it would be a long video as there is so much to see.

bythebaydreamer on October 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    • I was there this weekend and saw 12 wild turkeys crossing the field behind blog cabin. :)

Day Dreamer on October 2, 2012 at 7:48 am
  5. I'd First jump up and down, the best that I can under my physical issues, breathe deeply and go check out the oven! Gotta be big enough for a 24 pound turkey!!! :D Then I'd Go to the GORGEOUS Master Bedroom and jump up on the Bed that Matt and Chris built! Gotta' check it out for sleepin' needs… Then I'd run to the back deck and patio area, absorb the fresh Maine air, Praise God and Thank Matty Blah Blah and Chris for the MAGNIFICENT Back Yard Crash!!! Oh Gee! I'd thank everyone! <3<3<3xD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    • BTW – Thank you. I have no idea why either but, Thanks

StellaF on September 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    • I think that over would fit a 24lb. turkey. You could put it in the oven and have plenty of room to make the fixings. How is that money tree doing out back? Has it grown any more "fruit"? I was looking over the pictures that you put online again and every time I see them I fall in love with this house. I bet it is even more beautiful in person. Thank you again. God bless and good luck.

bythebaydreamer on October 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm
  6. It would be very exciting! I have never been to Maine.

Angie on September 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm
  7. Been dreaming about it! I'd start with the kitchen – checking out all the Blog Cabin projects. Then slowly make my way through the whole house. After that – the barn. I'd love to explore that! Then a hike down to the water's edge.
    I'd fill the place with family for a HUGE Thanksgiving feast because I sure would be thankful to be the winner!

mjbcs_49 on September 27, 2012 at 2:31 pm
  8. I would like to think that I would thank the Lord Jesus first, then thank the DIY people, next I know, I would be shaking like a leaf. If I was blessed to have keys in hand, I would unlock the beautiful door with such a big smile on my face! the biggest one eve,r most likely!!! than I would start right in the beautiful entry, than most likely the kitchen, than make my way towards the master bedroom first stopping to look at that awesome back yard, with that Amazing Water View that the Lord has now, blessed me and my husband with. What a awesome daydream I just had!!! Thank you DIY for making my day a much brighter one. God Bless Everyone!

Michele on September 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm
  9. I have been entering daily since the beginning of the contest. I have shared the Blog Cabin videos, photos and blogs with my husband who is a bit more pessimistic about our changes for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so hope I can make him a believer and get that call! Oh my, what would I do if I received the call?– I'd have to sit down and the first thing I'd want to know is how soon can we move…:) Once the house keys were handed to us, I certainly would go straight to the kitchen, show our son his new room, and our dog his new dog house! I'd explore room by room, then the property and barn. I am very excited and want to thank you in advance for this opportunity. Hope to hear from DIY!

RAC on September 27, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    • Oh I know full well about entering everyday, watching the videos, going through the house room by room, hoping and praying that this house, this time, is going to be mine…I havent given up yet and I will never give up the dream!!! God Bless you and good luck!

daddysdarlin on September 28, 2012 at 10:42 pm
  10. Two keys? Hmm. Can hardly wait for tonight. Work done, jammies on, laying on the couch watching Blog Cabin! Lots to do before then… must get back to work! :) Oh, I'd let our daughter and dogs lead the way!!!

MarleneD on September 27, 2012 at 3:40 pm