Sep 14

Front Yard Landscape: The Final Touch

Our final Blog Cabin 2012 episode airs on Monday evening. Check tune-in details so you don’t miss a beat. And mark your calendar for the one-hour special, which airs on September 27 at 9 p.m. ET.

Today, I share a special sneak peek with you: an exclusive vlog starring Blog Cabin 2012 show host Chris Grundy and Desperate Landscapes show host Jason Cameron. I love the insider details they share here. Can you imagine transforming a front yard in just eight hours?

• Posted at 3:08 pm on September 9, 2012

1. My husband and I leave Friday for our anniversary trip to Maine!!!!!! We are hoping to drive through Waldoboro and get a chance to see the HOUSE!!!! So excited!!! Love all the beautiful personal touches the designers have added and the landscaping is perfect!!!! Grundy and his crew have truly outdone themselves!!!! :D

Lorrie on September 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm
    • HAPPY ANNIVERSARY<3 Have a great trip….Send pics back if you make it to BC…
      Lisa in TN

LISAFOS on September 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm
    • Lorrie, you and Hubby enjoy your Maine Anniversary trip!!! My Hubby and I go back annually and can't get enough of our beloved Maine! May God give you traveling mercies and a safe and memorably happy time! May God give you traveling mercies and a safe and memorably happy time! All the best, Kitty^_^

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 11:00 pm
    • Oops– don't know how the duplicate happened but suppose you may consider it a double dose of good wishes, since you are a pair?!<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm
    • Happy Anniversary Lorrie, have fun enjoy the house , barn and view. When I was there last week the no trespassing signs were down, so maybe they still will be so you can see the home too.

home_girl on September 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm
  2. I have enjoyed reading all the blogings, all the pics added from all the warm hearted folks on this blog …. And I sure have LOL alot…. It has been sooooooo much fun….. best of luck to all … Lisa <3<3

LISAFOS on September 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    • Thanks Lisa!!! Good Luck to you too!!!B):*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    • Kitty your just so sweet ! <3

LISAFOS on September 21, 2012 at 4:02 pm
    • Good luck to you also, Lisa …it has been a fun year !

LLColeman on September 20, 2012 at 2:07 am
    • THANKS LL, You are all – ways add info on all the blods ,,,

:$ keep it up

LISAFOS on September 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm
  3. I wish you had a countdown calendar. This is exciting.

ksboiko on September 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm
  4. I really have a couple of real favorite things in the mud room. When the electricians were here to do all the wiring I had them put in sockets behind the location of the largest cupboards. The drawers in those largest cabinets all pull out ,so I keep most of my electrical things in those drawers and don't have to bring them into the kitchen (which is the next room other than to wash them.) I keep my toaster, slow cooker , nesco roasters and breadmakers out there….it sure saves on the counter space. My husband also made a wood shelving unit (like a bookcase) that goes behind the from mudroom door. It's shelves are all moveable . The side boards of the unit have holes (top and bottom on each side of the shelf) and the shelves are held on by large dowels that fit directly above and below each shelf.So, no matter what is to be put on the shelves they can be moved to match. I love it! Even the youngest grandchild thinks it's great to hang his jacket and he is only 2 1/2! The dowels are about 6 inches so they can be moved to hang things on them.

karen on September 19, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    • wow karen, that sounds great.

vicki_in_Utah on September 19, 2012 at 6:17 pm
  5. As far as staying in touch the dream house blog 2013 is open so we can gather there until 2013 BC is announced. Also have the UO 2012 sweepstake going on until October 10. not as good of a blog, but it is a collecting place for a few more weeks. Hope to stay in touch with you all via this interesting media site. Good luck to all. Bloggie to the winner's circle!

YankeeNuke on September 19, 2012 at 7:06 pm
    • That's not a bad idea, Frank, but while I have tried, I just cannot seem to get my arms around the Dream, Green Homes or Urban Oasis. I think that, for me, location has lots to do with either one. I was all into NY Urban Oasis and BC in VA and of coarse, in Maine. I loved the DH several years ago on the Maryland Chesapeake Bay, and GH in Plymouth, MA. Not crazy about the location of the current DH, even though it is beautiful. The Bloggies I have met, however, matter to me. And I really do like the Blog Cabin concept, so I hope DIY not only keeps it, but takes some of our suggestions to heart. Meanwhile, we wait, and see who the winner is… :pxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    • Kitty, the South ain't so bad !!

gremol on September 20, 2012 at 1:25 am
    • Gremol, the south is Beautiful, their food is even better, and I love their people!!! I live in the South: Southeastern Virginia, just at the North Carolina line My daughters were both born in Jackson, MS. I honeymooned in Panama City, where you live! Am I giving you enough reasons why I like the South? Great fishing there! Lots of good charities to support. Good Sports!
      It is the heat I have trouble with. I am allergic to heat and break out in blisters when I get heated up. I need good breezes outside or cool days,or must be in air conditioning. I was even born WAY down south, in Brasil to my American missionary parents! Is that far enough south? Allergy follows me everywhere, that's why I need to win the Blog Cabin, so my allergic heat blisters will go away and I can live a more pain-free life! :*:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 12:46 am
    • WOW! WHY in the world would somebody zero me out because I have a medical allergy condition that causes me to break out in hot areas? I live in the South—am not against the South. I explained this. STILL? Some folks are just narrow minded and plain MEAN!o.0:'( Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    • I gave it back !! I don't know why some people are so narrow minded !! I totally understand about the heat/allergies, it can be life-threatening !! Meanies, stay away !!!

gremol on September 22, 2012 at 9:25 pm
    • You're too sweet, Gremol! Thanks!<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 10:47 pm
    • Kitty, so sorry to hear about your allergy; you sure don't need to live in Florida !! But, I do know what you're talking about when it comes to needing to be cool; I cannot tolerate being hot, I have to have A.C. all the time !! I hate the humidity here; I asked a while back if anyone knew about the humidity at the B.C. but didn't get a response. I was born in Alaska !! came back here as a baby & been here ever since !! I have a Brother who lives in N.C.; Brothers-in-law in S.C. & Va. I wonder if any of them are close to you ??!! As much as I would love living in the cold climate, Hubby can't tolerate cold; so if I should happen to win, I would not be able to move there, I'd have to put it up for sale. :( It would not be financially possible for me to keep it as a vacation home. So 'guess what' ???!!! I'm hoping & praying that YOU WIN IT !!!! P.S. I'm a great Southern cook; fried chicken, collard greens, chicken & dumplings; my Mother & Grandmother were both cooks, (in restaurants). Here's to You !!!!

gremol on September 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm
    • Gremol, I love to cook too and I do mostly Southern style cooking, like you! There's nothing better than greens and fried okra and fried chicken and banana pudding. I also cook Brazilian style for a change, so that keeps the fun going. Have to say, my hubby is like yours–he doesn't like cold. He's from So.Dakota and couldn't wait to get south, so when he retired from the Navy, he stayed in the Norfolk, VA area. But Gary (Hubby) fell in love with Maine–I want to start a business that I've been planning and just need the location. BC and land are perfect for start-up and expansion, plus growing my natural ingredients–yes, it's a food-related business. BC is the ideal scenario for all the pieces to come together! A lot of planning and development has already gone into this, so even the Food Channel could jump in and follow the launch and have a story to tell…haha!..if they wanted to!

I lived in Florida as a girl for 2.5 years, in Sanford and Deland. Very allergic to mosquito bites. go figure–where do I go? Alaska, where you came from, I guess. It is beautiful up there, but i could never get Gary to follow me! If you win the BC, Gremol, perhaps the remainder of the cash would help to make up for all the time you have suffered with all this pain you've been experiencing! Good luck to you too! Southern (((Hugs)))! <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    • good luck to you too, Frank ! Kiawah has indeed changed a lot since you visited there before the real estate development… the Dream Home will be a lovely home for sure…we have been making lots of alligator jokes on that blog this past year, since the site was announced in January. There are reported to be Bigfoot creatures to the south where some call them " Skunk Apes".
      Maybe we can liven up the Dream Home blog with some Skunk Ape' sightings' by the beach–or in the marsh behind the Dream Home .;)

LLColeman on September 20, 2012 at 2:13 am
    • The BEST of luck to you, Frank! And definitely–a Bloggie to the Winner's Circle–Love that concept!;)xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm
    • YankeeNuke will be at the blogs, some tmes to look around, sometimes to contribute. Nice to cyber meet you Kitty. Cyber chat again soon. Frank________________________________> From: notifications@intensedebatemail.com> To: frankrh77@live.com> Subject: DwnSoDwnEaster replied to your comment on Front Yard> Landscape: The Final Touch>

YankeeNuke on September 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm
    • Ditto Frank! It has been a delight to become cyber friends and just cause this BC2012 is winding down, there's more to life on DIY and HGTV and Facebook too. Take care–You are a good man and Ellen is very blessed to have you to care for her! God bless you!^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm
  6. All the DIY guys are sooo good. Each one of them has a special talent. While my husband is {use to be} very handy around the house, he can't compare to these guys. It is amazing how they can make something beautiful out of something being discarded. That's what makes them so special & why BLOG CABIN grabs at my heart. don't get me wrong, I love all the glitz & glam of the DREAM HOME and the rest but, I must admit, many of the details done for the winner of this home are intensely cool! It's getting down to the wire. Good luck Blogger friends!

StellaF on September 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm
    • Best of luck to you too, Stella! B)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 10:15 pm
    • Good luck to you, StellaF. This blog is the most fun, too, of all the blogs….

LLColeman on September 20, 2012 at 2:16 am
  7. Sooo beautiful! My dream!

Carol S. on September 19, 2012 at 8:52 pm
  8. I enjoyed watching all the episodes of blog cabin so far. They always seem to have a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next episode. I need to get my husband to watch maybe he will be inspired to do a little DIY around our house. We still have a scrap of wood nailed to the kitchen wall covering a hole in the wall which we opened when a raccoon got into the attic. It crawled down the inside of the wall and we were afraid it was stuck. Thankfully the raccoon exited the house and my husband closed t he gap where it had squeezed in. I would do it myself but I'm not very talented in the DIY department. He will probably get around to it a few weeks before Christmas. My mother is coming for a visit and he always goes into fix the house up overdrive just before a visit.

Susan on September 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm
    • LOL, I think I inherited the same gene..nothing motivates me more than having deadlines like company–especially in-laws, ;)
      I saw a show about "badly behaved pets" in which a family fed and sheltered a baby raccoon, which grew up to put holes to the attic all through the house…they has to do lots of repair work to discourage him to "move out" as an adult raccoon.

LLColeman on September 20, 2012 at 2:21 am
  9. Nine more days and counting.!! Fingers and toes crossed.

ronsodattle on September 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm
  10. Love the boulders and all the plants. I really liked the original front door and so happy to see them reused for the master bedroom entry. Everything looks great, would not change a thing.

Noreen on September 19, 2012 at 11:29 pm