Sep 14

Front Yard Landscape: The Final Touch

Our final Blog Cabin 2012 episode airs on Monday evening. Check tune-in details so you don’t miss a beat. And mark your calendar for the one-hour special, which airs on September 27 at 9 p.m. ET.

Today, I share a special sneak peek with you: an exclusive vlog starring Blog Cabin 2012 show host Chris Grundy and Desperate Landscapes show host Jason Cameron. I love the insider details they share here. Can you imagine transforming a front yard in just eight hours?

• Posted at 3:08 pm on September 9, 2012

1. I'll be there!

MarleneD on September 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm
  2. Thanks for another preview video…

dreamn_again on September 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm
  3. Mary, Thank you for bringing us this great update. This is Maine! The way life should be!:)

bythebaydreamer on September 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm
  4. It looks really fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person (I hope)! :p

joliekc on September 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm
  5. I love those huge boulders! There is nothing better than a home with beautiful landscaping. This home has tons of curb appeal. Tons!!!

Summer on September 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm
  6. I really liked this preview video.
    Landscaping very tasteful.
    Boulders/rocks terrific.!
    Glad pump saved and reused.
    Love the Birch!

Lester B. on September 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    • I love the boulders too. It's part of my landscaping at home, and they really add to the curb appeal (and protect my property from wayward drivers.

guest on September 19, 2012 at 10:06 am
  7. Thank you Mary, you finally got to my favorite Special. I can't wait to see Jason, Chris and crew move those boulders and plant the raised Berry beds…Some of those boulders are pretty big…Too bad while they had the machinery, they didn't add a few over at the barn just as accent pieces and planted some Lupines around them…I really like those flowers and found out they will grow here in Florida, so that is my next planting project….I can't believe they finished the front yard in one day! Will Jason get another trip to the BC to replace the flowers and trees that didn't make it? I bet he won't mind that at all, but I'm sure he is upset that some of his hard work didn't make it!

Jennie/Florida on September 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm
    • Hi Jenny- Wow! Love the boulders! Love those lupines too. I seeded a bunch of them in my front yard here in TN and while I was away in Maine, NH and MD to get back to my roots this summer (it's an annual junket for me), my chickens got into my flower beds and ate them. Since I came from the east coast area, (born in Maine), I would love to get back there permanently. I'd be close to my 3 adult children, and I miss the ocean. I also dislike the 100 degree heat we get here! Don't mind the snow. Maybe one of us will get to plant those lupines around the barn. If you win the cabin, I'll come over in the summer and help you plant them! Good luck.

Trish on September 22, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    • Hi Trish….I love the Boulders too and I think they add a Rugged & Earthy look to the landscape. The lupines are pretty and go so well with the boulders! The Lupines seeds must taste pretty good for the chickens to pig out on them.. I haven't had any luck finding them.but will continue to search until I find some,.I know Maine.is beautiful in the fall and has so much to see..I don't know if I can handle the winters…I'm sure I would get use to it in time, Burrrr!! Do you go back to Maine in the fall? That is my favorite time of year and I go to North Carolina and TN to see the fall leaves and enjoy all the little towns that celebrates Octoberfests, love the Fall scenery around the Blueridge Parkway and like to visit Cades Cove, Pigeon Forge,Townsend, Maggie Valley and Waynesville, just love it all… Sooo Trish, I wish you luck in winning the BC so you can get back to your Roots and your Children..I will come up in the fall and come over to help you plant your lupines around that nice Old Red Barn and Maybe we could get someone to deliver a few Boulders to add on each side of the front Barn doors! That would be so much fun!!!.Landscaping my yard is my favorite pastime!!!..

Jennie/Florida on September 23, 2012 at 3:13 am
  8. Love the landscape, will be fun to see what the process was on Monday.

lolobug on September 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm
  9. We also have lupines and they grow and spread faster that any weed I know off. They will take over any field or garden in record time but are pretty when in bloom. There is a retired farmers field behind our yard and in June it is full of lupines. I really like the boulders out in front of the house and think they may very well be there to prevent any cars doing damage to the yard or house! Too much drinking and driving and I think the house could be at risk without those boulders. It has happened at our previous house several times, one time right after the school bus had picked up a bunch of kids and could have been a real mess! It looks like problem adverted here. Good Job!

karen on September 14, 2012 at 6:07 pm
  10. Now that is what you call curb appeal! It is amazing how beautiful it is, Great Job!!!

merlin_228 on September 14, 2012 at 7:10 pm