Sep 13

If An Old Home Could Talk

Blog Cabin 2012 Beautiful Pictures

I wonder what Blog Cabin’s walls would have to say? “Ouch,” “Thank you” or maybe “Oh wow, I can breath again.”

Today, I am proud to share a new slideshow packed with some of the most breathtaking images captured at the Blog Cabin home site over the span of the last few months. Some showcase the remodeling process or a how-to project in process while others capture the home in as-is condition. Click through the pics and share your thoughts. Have you been entering the home giveaway twice daily? I hope so!

• Posted at 11:27 am on September 9, 2012

1. I have always dreamed of owning a beautiful home with rolling, green pastures that lead to peaceful waters. I picture my horses grazing in that pasture on a lazy Summer afternoon while I sip iced tea on the amazing deck branching off the reclaimed farm house. On cold winter days I see the horses tucked in the barn with their warm blankets while our family sits by the fireplace warming our toes after a full day of skiing nearby.

Alicia on September 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm
  2. If this old house could talk I wonder if it has any secrets . I see windows up high . Is there an attic. did it have a basement.? I wonder how it is to walk around the house . iand down to the lake i see by the video it could be wonderful. Some farm houses have secret some don't

drdonnaa7 on September 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm
  3. If this house could talk…It would say it was definitely worth the pounding, digging, hammering and all the pain to come out shining and beautiful! Ready for another 120 years! This is an absolutely amazing place!

jenn on September 18, 2012 at 12:58 am
  4. Just Found out about this Cabin…How Wonderful. I have entered… hope I'm not too late. Have enjoyed the blog with The Green Home for years now, but never knew about this great idea! (Don't have cable where I live, in a very rural area, a hot SE area of the US). SO fantastic to see this great renovation. My family comes from MAINE, and I got to go to Portsmouth, where I was born, two years ago, when visiting my 25 yr. old daughter, who lives in NH. Love the area! BOY! Would it be nice to GO HOME! Wish all great fun, and here's to the winner, maybe me?

Trish on September 19, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    • LOL!!! Thanks Trish! Good luck to you too! B):*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    • Thanks soo much for the kind reply. Now that I know you are all still here, (Intense Debate and all my "Old friends"), I'll post more often. GOOD LUCK to you!

Trish on September 19, 2012 at 9:25 pm
    • Looking forward to having you join us! ^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm
  5. Just wondering about the gas stove in the living room. Can you convert it to wood burning? or would you have to replace the whole stove? I know you'd have to set it on tile or stone.

joliekc on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm
    • It can't be converted. Need a new stove.
      Why would it need to be on tiles or stone?

Ally on September 21, 2012 at 3:00 am
    • Because of the heat that radiates down… probably a safety issue for wood burning. All of the ones I've seen are on stone/tile surface.

Thanks! Good Luck!!! ^_^

joliekc on September 21, 2012 at 10:52 am
    • There are many that don't need this. Heat rises and a lot of this type of pellet or wood burning stoves are shielded so almost no heat radiates out. They heat by means of a blower that forces cold air through the heating pipes in the fire box then out into thhe room. No heat is directed at the floor or furniture, no fumes in the houuse and the top of the firebox remains relatively cool too so no worry about burnt hands when touching it.:) However tile or stone gives a nice appearance under or around the stove.

Ally on September 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm
  6. Just looking at the pictures and going through the tour online, I can fell the tranquility of the home! Then I can only imagine what it would be like to be there in person^_^

Green thumbs wish!! on September 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm
  7. Well Let me win and it will be gifted.This belongs to Maine and the folks who are involved so much love and time.To borrow this in our ending yrs would be a
    miracle first with all the entries ;) but also a blessing come true for my Randy of 20 yrs.
    Having him see some lasting beauty as he let me see all during our time together from a big truck..
    WOW DO i have some beautiful memories of Maine from our tanker truck
    This is a job all that worked on it .
    YOU will be payed in so many ways along the way in blessings you never knew The lord is on your side with this one and i am humbled and honored to be apart of it . I have not missed a show
    After i do some Church shopping apple dumplins for desert
    . oh yea i can cook .and you all would eat well lolol just sayin
    Bless all and again good good luck to all who enter
    Marylou Sakosky ;)
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    -Unknown

sablelulu on September 23, 2012 at 12:38 pm
  8. Truly – this is not just a cabin, this is HOME! I would spend all my days soaking in sunrise to sunsets.
    This is a most superior house constructed by DIY and HGTV – details, details, details. Every person who
    took part in the construction must feel a sense of pride and workmanship in their work – it shows.
    As a person who is inspired by antiquities and their individual artistry, I am delighted to view visions of
    restoration and preservation of our heritages.

SusanSnow on September 26, 2012 at 8:56 pm
  9. I found out about this soooo late in the game, but I'm having a blast just looking LOOKING at what these amazing designers have done with this old farmhouse. This is my favorite HGTV project so far! Thanks for sharing all this incredible creativity with these photos and DIY tips.

Cindy on September 28, 2012 at 4:17 pm
  10. If a old home can talk, he will just say to you to renovate and redecorate him. HA HA!

ready made curtains on October 16, 2012 at 1:44 am