Sep 13

If An Old Home Could Talk

Blog Cabin 2012 Beautiful Pictures

I wonder what Blog Cabin’s walls would have to say? “Ouch,” “Thank you” or maybe “Oh wow, I can breath again.”

Today, I am proud to share a new slideshow packed with some of the most breathtaking images captured at the Blog Cabin home site over the span of the last few months. Some showcase the remodeling process or a how-to project in process while others capture the home in as-is condition. Click through the pics and share your thoughts. Have you been entering the home giveaway twice daily? I hope so!

• Posted at 11:27 am on September 9, 2012

1. O.K.; went to blog from e-mail & blogs are now showing up !!

gremol on September 13, 2012 at 4:07 pm
    • See my comment on the refresh function above.

YankeeNuke on September 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm
  2. Mary, Thank you for posting the pictures. The pictures are well done and tell the story. Now " If an old home could talk" what would it say….."Thank you for giving me a new life".

The blog cabin is: SIMPLY HOME…..Home Sweet Home.

I am wishing and hoping that I will be the one who wins this beautiful home and pristine surroundings. The BC is now part of the history of Dutch Neck Road, having been gifted in the 1880's and now again in 2012. My family would be so lucky to win this homestead and call it our own.

bythebaydreamer on September 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm
  3. If the walls could talk, I am quite sure that they would say……Thank You!
    Or…….Oh wow, I can breath again.
    Ouch is what the walls were saying before the renovation took place.

Summer on September 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm
  4. Photo #96:
    A path leads from the back of the red barn through forested acres to Peters Pond. How wonderful! I love nature and the great outdoors!

Summer on September 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm
    • It's great that the winner will still be able to walk to the pond and through the woods even though they will not own the land.

Anniesown on September 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm
    • That path was originally "cut" by Sasquatch as he traveled between the barn and the pond.

YankeeNuke on September 13, 2012 at 10:02 pm
    • I think he just followed the cows home one night to see where they lived, and made him self at home there. So the path stay well worn, even after the cows were all gone. :D

home_girl on September 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm
  5. Maine is a wonderful place to vacation so much so you don't forget it or it's people once you are back home! After many years of vacationing in Maine we decided we belonged there and have spent the last couple of years of planning our escape to a place we love…if we win this home it will be a dream come true but if we don't we will be moving there in a few years!! Good Luck everyone whoever wins this special home will enjoy many, many years of a wonderful life!!

Blaze on September 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm
    • Thank you and good luck back at you too! B)xD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 15, 2012 at 9:14 pm
  6. Great slide presentation! It really connects you to all the details. The only thing I do not love is "the entrance". While the side photo brings out all the beauty of the home – it feels weird to face a beautiful home and not see the front door. BUT, if that is the worst thing that bugs me …. heck! Who cares! I'd get use to it. B)

StellaF on September 13, 2012 at 10:25 pm
  7. Mary, beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for posting them! I love the picture from the side yard showing the privacy! Can see the the house and the beautiful tree, colorful bushes, green grass, beautiful,just beautiful. . I was surprised to see the window locks were donated :( Too bad they couldn't have been used for a project. I guess if they could have been they would have, right. The points on the locks remind me of a bridge .
    Nice to see the start of the herring bone pattern floor. I was so amazed to see the start of it, made me realize how much work went in to creating it! Wow….Loved the antique lock and key and the decorative antique door knob. So glad you found a home for them. Don't see those kinds of elements today. Really enjoyed all the pictures so Thanks Again!!!!!………………………………….Take Care, Windee :)

Windee ;) on September 13, 2012 at 10:51 pm
  8. WOW, Mary. I love the remodeling diary! The pics are great and a crescendo of forms, shapes and colors until the last picture says it all: “Native climate appropriate landscape elements and boulders. sourced on the property, COMPLETE the renovation”. Yes, it brought it all together! My favorite pics are #9 – Barn stands in near-mint condition; #10 – Peter’s Pond 12 acre lake; #11 – vintage cast iron wheels used as the Blog Cabin’s office door (I LOVED that project!); # 13 – Beth’s Farm Market – Farmer’s markets and general stores are a short drive from Blog Cabin 2012 (SO good to see stores like Beth’s still thriving!); #24 – Dutch Neck Peninsula (loved that pic!); #55 and #92 – light fixtures repurposed (loved those light fixtures, simply “Grandma’s look and feel” in the home!); #63 – coast line bordering the Blog Cabin property (YES, what a breathtaking view!); # 89 – Old paint scraped from a barn door (WOW, to me a proof of the meticulous work done when each piece of the vintage puzzle was carefully repurposed! – great job guys, even if it was a borderline safety hazard); #99 – a front landscape/ home view of the complete renovation: simply a completly amazingly awesomely DIVINE renovation!!!! What a visual memoir this remodeling diary will be to the winner! Thank you so much Mary for sharing these with us! Now, let me enter the sweeps – yes, entering twice daily faithfully! Thank you for the encouragement, Mary! Appreciate you so much!

FLH on September 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm
  9. Loved the pictures thanks, many new ones we haven't seen yet. I like #50 shows the hallway up stairs, I like the live in look. I like the stenciling on the wall, can see it over the doors.
    I like the picture showing the house from side view # 27 I believe. I like the old barn showing in picture. I still don't see what was wrong with that old barn, all the pictures show it in good shape. Would of make a nice work shed for many different things.
    In picture #71 the one showing them putting down the floor in foyer, do you see which way the front door opens? I thought I saw it open that way in some of the pictures. Door looks red too.
    I just love all those old trees they have there, that's what drew me to the house.

home_girl on September 14, 2012 at 1:28 am
  10. oh my thought i would look at 25-30 pixs and when i started oh how beautiful, could not wait for next pix and before i knew it i was at last pix how disappointing but i can start all over again , thinking i can’t love this home any more but i was wrong i adore it everything about this house and maine i am ready for home and ready to be a mainer

michelle scott on September 14, 2012 at 1:35 am