Sep 13

If An Old Home Could Talk

Blog Cabin 2012 Beautiful Pictures

I wonder what Blog Cabin’s walls would have to say? “Ouch,” “Thank you” or maybe “Oh wow, I can breath again.”

Today, I am proud to share a new slideshow packed with some of the most breathtaking images captured at the Blog Cabin home site over the span of the last few months. Some showcase the remodeling process or a how-to project in process while others capture the home in as-is condition. Click through the pics and share your thoughts. Have you been entering the home giveaway twice daily? I hope so!

• Posted at 11:27 am on September 9, 2012

1. BEAUTIFUL!

Nebraska on September 13, 2012 at 11:59 am
  2. I saw episodes of "Blog Cabin" for the first time today. Great title. Great idea. Great house.

notedinnashville on September 13, 2012 at 11:59 am
  3. I love the blog cabin it is an oasis maine is a wonderful place it would be a dream come true to win the blog cabin 2012 .It is amazing on how the restoration turned out so beautiful everything fits together.:)

laura on September 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm
  4. WOW! I CAN BREATH AGAIN! ~ "AHHH" ~ Fellow Bloggers it does seem fitting that the property was gifted in 1845 and it will be "gifted" once again! An opaque rustic cabin has been repurposed and has "popped" back to life with lots of tender loving care. Looking forward to seeing how Jason Cameron has permanently secured this historic time capsule back into the land with the medley of native plants, granite, and fieldstones. :) We will all have to brace ourselves for the picturesque outcome that is sure to transpire on Dutch Neck Rd! Truly Lilly

Lilly on September 13, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    • Have to add another TRULY HEARTFELT THANK YOU to ALL involved in Blog Cabin 2012 ! FANTASTIC JOURNEY!

Lilly on September 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    • I join Lilly in thanking all the talent and hard work poured into Blog Cabin 2012! Bravo! B)^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm
    • It is beautiful, inside and out, no doubt about that! And in such a gorgeous setting!

redbarnartist on September 15, 2012 at 9:12 pm
  5. I can just see Hubby & I sitting right smack dab in the middle of pic # 24 in a boat with poles in hand catching………What kind of fish do they have in those waters ????

gremol on September 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm
  6. Wow, Thank you Mary!!! Those are great Photos..I would have a lot of fun at Beths Farm Market ..The Forsythia are beautiful especially with the green siding…Loved the D/N Peninsula scene at dusk or that could be dawn…love the serenity it instills…..I hope when they removed the original Lightening Rod to use as decoration for inside, they replaced it with an updated one for the Roof…Yeah we finally got the sq footage of the Barn….It Huge…It's bigger than my Townhome….Love the Barn!!! I have to say Photo #89 is disturbing to know these workers are scraping old paint from a barn door with a razorblade, bare hands and with no protection from the lead paint….Safety Hazard for sure!!! Thank you Mary I really enjoyed those Pics!!! Except for the ones that the workers are being careless with the lead painted boards!!! Just My Thoughts!

Jennie/Florida on September 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm
  7. For those with DIY network, Saturday @ noon CST, Blog Cabin will be playing 5 repeat episodes. Tomorrow at noon, there is 2 episodes. Just in case anyone wants to watch or re-watch !!!

gremol on September 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  8. Dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying. I have alway's thought about a farmette on the water would be perfect!!!

Renee B on September 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm
  9. Have I been banned from blogging ?? I posted & gave some thumbs up; came back & they're gone !! Anyone ????????

gremol on September 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm
    • No, I don't think you were banned. That happened to me awhile back, I believe you have to refresh the page. It'll show up unless you were bad. lol

SuziQ523 on September 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm
    • I did & went to blog & even yours isn't showing up; only the first 4 are !!

gremol on September 13, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    • Hold down the shift key then click refresh, this will force to browser to get the updated pages from the server instead of your cache.

YankeeNuke on September 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm
  10. Just… WOW!!! Glad to see there is a path to Peter's Pond from the barn. Would love to make that walk.

MarleneD on September 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm