Sep 6

Matt and Chris Rap It Up

Are you ready for Monday night’s Yard Crashers episode of Blog Cabin 2012?

Here’s a special treat on the eve of our fifth episode: an exclusive vlog starring Chris Grundy and Matt Blashaw. Watch the video, check out Monday’s tune-in time and check out the how-to project from this episode (instaling a cobblestone system).

Enjoy!

• Posted at 5:14 pm on September 9, 2012

1. Had an awesome re-watch of the first few episodes last night, capped by the new show! LOVE the backyard and all its beautiful landscaping and thoughtful placement of seating, fireplace and hot tub (not to mention the dog house!) And once again, our hosts keep us entertained!!! ;)

Lorrie on September 11, 2012 at 8:58 am
  2. The best part of this entire project is restoring small town America……great Job DIY.

Brian Bernat on September 11, 2012 at 9:11 am
    • You are so right Brian also too for so many people to learn what a great state Maine is!!!

heaven-bound23 on September 11, 2012 at 11:05 am
  3. the house and area look amazing. anyone know if you can access the basement from inside the house? how have winners been notified in the past is it like the HGTV dream home?

Angela on September 11, 2012 at 11:22 am
    • you can only access the basement from the small door outside.

vicki_in_Utah on September 11, 2012 at 11:42 am
    • you might be able to remove the communication center and put basement stairs in there under other stairs later on but as of now access is through the hobbit door outside the house on the master bedroom end.

minitoni on September 11, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    • Wnners are notified by email & phone. There's no surprize ambushes.

Anniesown on September 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm
  4. Hi to all! Saw this and wanted to share it with all the Bloggers who love Maine and the Fall Colors….

Maine Foliage Spokeswoman: Maine should have a better than average foliage season. First year in quite some time for nearly normal conditions. The warm days and the cool nights will help the leaves along for the next few weeks. The color should peak in Northern Maine toward the last week in September, followed by Western, Southern and Central regions during the week of the Columbus Day weekend and into the next week…"Enjoy the Fall Season with us here in the Beautiful State of Maine"…

Jennie/Florida on September 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm
    • Jennie Thanks for the information :) I was wondering how the leaves would turn out with this years' strange weather! Just watched my recording of Blog Cabin Yard Crashers with Matt & Chris – - again. *sigh * ~ ALL of us will continue to Pray.. Hope.. Wish.. Dream.. of being able to reside, relax, even "chill-out" in Blog Cabin 2012! :) With the Hot Tub & Fire Place "fired up" not much "chillin" even if it will be cold when the winner is announced! :P Thank you Matt, Chris and the rest of the hard chargers that were working in the rain! UGH! Matt you were successful in capturing a wonderful repreieve. The Deck, Patio, Hot Tub, Fireplace, and the greenery creates a harmonious venue to the surrounding pristine scenery. What a water view! :) Truly Lilly

Lilly on September 11, 2012 at 11:54 pm
    • Your welcome Lilly….Wouldn't it be something if Maine had a early snow and the Winner has to shovel their way to the front door!! I wouldn't mind that at all!

Their is so much fun to be had in that beautiful back yard…and many solitary hours sitting on the "Matt and Chris'" bench down by the river, taking in all that beauty, especially when the Autumn leaves are falling….Some lucky person will be elated..Who ever wins, I hope they can keep this1884 home and will treasure it as we all have during this journey from start to finish. Lilly, I hope we get the barn ready in time for the New Owner…Kitty has probably collected enough B/F bills so we can get the Old Red Barn ready for that Big day! Maybe the bloggers can have a big "Welcome party" in the Barn for the Blog Cabin Winner!!! Sounds like fun…Who knows, it could be a party for you!!!

Jennie/Florida on September 12, 2012 at 10:22 am
    • Jennie I have a shovel, my boots, and my all wheel drive ready to go! It sure is fun having a Barn Hoe down :) . Gotta gather up some of those apples for the cider!! Was it LL's hubby who has the "spiking" power? Not talking about volleyball either hee hee :P we will have a match for next summer when the ground dries out. Okay? Have a great day! Truly, Lilly

Lea on September 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    • Sounds great to me Lilly..But we can't have a Barn Hoe down until we fix up the Barn, Remember???That's why we planted the Money Tree…We have work to do in the Barn before the winner is announced…I hope Kitty is up to getting the Barn ready or has she spent all those Ben Frankin bucks??? We need to do some planning!!! We still have some time to landscape around the barn and do some painting and replace a window paine…The weather is cooling and the leaves will be turning so we will get to see the leaves as they start their magic…Can't wait!
      Oh, I think that was Yankee Nuke who was talking about "spiking power."

Jennie/Florida on September 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm
  5. I don't know how thoroughly people read the Sweepstakes rules, however, something prompted me to do so today. In amongst the exclusions I noticed something new that voids my one blue moon entry this year. For the first time, included in the list of companies whose affiliation by close family renders someone ineligible to participate, is now included GMC Division, General Motors LLC. Blog Cabin has never had this exclusion before. I'm curious why it has it now. There's nothing from GM or it's divisions in the house, they don't give a vehicle, there's no GM product that I can see. It would appear that the rules governing the DH etc. are now being applied 'universally' to all Scriipps Network sweepstakes regardless of the actual use of products or services in the house. That addition will probably exclude some 2 million potential entrants. More for you folks that remain but for me, and many others, the house building sweepstakes are now exclusively for the fun of blogging & watching. No longer can we participate in the Sweeps. Good luck to everyone. As always I'll be very happy for the winner :)

Clive on September 11, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    • Clive, I think that stinks! As you say, they aren't giving away a vehicle with the house. I'm sure that will exclude many people here in Michigan.

SweetLiz on September 11, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    • That's where the GM connection comes for us. I'm wondering whether GM has any financial stake in Scripps.

It shows that it pays the really scrutinize the rules. o.0

Clive on September 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm
    • Nice to hear from you Clive. That's is pretty crazy they added that little exclusion. I noticed on the Prize tab when you scroll down to see the list of sponsors they have GMC as a sponsor. So maybe they used a GMC truck for the hosts??

vicki_in_Utah on September 11, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    • i won't claim to be an expert, but GMC is a related corporation that deals with insurance underwriting of some sort–I knew someone who worked for them. i was confused and thought he was a GM employee, and he explained that he worked for GMC, which was different…
      .Clive–come back and howl at the blue moon with the rest of us ! :* B)

LLColeman on September 12, 2012 at 4:03 am
    • I'm up for howling at the moon any time. I love a good howl xD Just can't dream of winning any more. :'(

The exclusion covers both GMC (which includes their banking – Ally Bank – & finance arm including their car loan and mortgage business). It also includes all GM vehicle assoiciated industry including manufacturing, sales etc. even GM sales franchises.

I can only guess that they now either own a piece of Scripps or they supplied the 'stars' with vehicles while they were on location.

Clive on September 12, 2012 at 10:42 am
  6. I love watching all the hard work that has been put into this blog cabin , just watched the back yard crash ,just awesome not bad rapping guys :) lol. This bolg cabin is our dream , every singe thing about it, from the home to the land and water as well as the, barn, but needs some chickens in it. Our dog Gizmo would love it too. Well I can still dream for awhile longer untill some lucky winner win's this blog cabin. Best wishes to you all ! <3
    Cindy

Cynthia on September 11, 2012 at 1:56 pm
  7. I love it! I get so excited to see the pictures and video's of the BC. What a total transformation with roots to 1884! The house and barn, the history and heritage. The grounds that were farmed, the soil will be excellent for growing veggies and plants. Outstanding! The land leading down to the river, the bench for mediation and quiet times, Plus opportunity to fish and clam. Awesome! What a life altering win this will be for that one lucky person!!! Hope its me, but if it isn't, I hope its you. Good Luck bloggers!

bythebaydreamer on September 11, 2012 at 3:50 pm
  8. I woke up this morining day dreaming about blog cabin,so I decided to watch all the video's that were posted on the HGTV website, and boy am I glad I did. The videos are very well done. I saw things in the video that I had not seen in the photo's. It also gave me a more accurate feel for the house. Jeff Wilson & Marcus Golding are true professionals. They took the time to explain their decision making and walked you through the transformation process. Definately worth watching all of them. When I finished, I was on cloud nine. I love this house so much!!!

Day Dreamer on September 12, 2012 at 8:32 am
    • Day Dreamer, The video's are great! I'm right there with you one cloud nine! This house is incredible! Who ever wins will be so lucky to have such a great place to call home. Good luck!

bythebaydreamer on September 12, 2012 at 11:04 am
  9. I missed it!

Nebraska on September 12, 2012 at 10:41 am
  10. A bench is a Must Have! Yet the yard is just amazing… what a beautiful place to call home ;-)

SusanG1956 on September 12, 2012 at 12:54 pm